• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Pokemon...

Can pokemon

• Only say their name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or are they named after the only thing they sau?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
They only say theie name. Some Pokemon don't actually say their names. It'd be pointless to have a Pokemon named after what they say, such as: "RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR".

Pokemon can only say their name. If they were named after the only thing they say, Charizard would be called 'RAWR'.

I've been ninja'd once again....

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Pokemon don't even say their names in the games, so...?

And, it's already been said, but -- not every Pokemon can only say their name; there are those who make different sounds. Like Charizard.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Well darn. I firgot about those freaks of pokemon nature. Though im sure charizard has said its name or part of it at least once

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
My impulse was to vote "named after what they say" because all I was thinking about were Pikachu, Togepi, Charmander, etc. from the anime, but some Pokemon have such awkward names to say like that, that I can't fathom how they can coherently say their name in an animal-like tone.

Dan

I thought that was only in the anime. Do they really only say their names in games too... I prefer their 8-bit crys :I

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
They only "speak" in the Anime. In the Games they have a battle cry that some think sounds like their name. Besides, i don't think all Pokemon have a curse that only allows them to say their name and nothing else.

If they can pronounce their own names then obviously they have the verbal capacity to say more. Also Pokemon show themselves to have high intelligence. High enough to use those physiological verbal skills to speak, at the very least, some form of proto-language that consists of more then couple of syllables. In conclusion, Pokemon are totally bs'ing us and probably getting a good laugh out of it at our expense. Perhaps even planning for a global takeover........

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
As others have said before me, it logically makes sense that they can only say their name. It doesn't make sense for a researcher (in the anime that is) to name a Pokémon by what they say if other Pokémon also might make the same cry (sound that the Pokémon make in the game/anime). I really hope that future Pokémon have derp names like RAWR or GROWL or SSSSSS, etc. :3 :xd:

univpark

Heart of Steel
I think that they only say their name. (Unless it's something like RAWR.) Because Fig has a very good point.

And if professors decided to name some mons stuff like Growlasaur...Then I would be very...sad...

Dan

They only "speak" in the Anime. In the Games they have a battle cry that some think sounds like their name. Besides, i don't think all Pokemon have a curse that only allows them to say their name and nothing else.

Meoth ! that's right ;)

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I hear thire names in thire battle crys so i belive the reserchers name them that or the devleupers put them in to a random genertor.

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
Neither. Krabby and Kingler make a strange sound (I'm sure we all know what it is but I just wouldn't know how to spell it) that is not their names. Therefore, we can conclude that the names are independent of the Pokemon's cry, or at least in this example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom