• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can a split fanbase be a good thing for a franchise?

Dan

NO! Look at the sales of WW and Suckward Sword. How is it ever a good thing? Also it leads to massive arguments in the community which aren't good either.
It will not divide us!

Depends on definition of good and who it is good for. It's good for me if I get games tailored to me in the future. Good for the developer if it generates more sales

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It will not divide us!

Depends on definition of good and who it is good for. It's good for me if I get games tailored to me in the future. Good for the developer if it generates more sales

In Zeldas case WW was bad for half of the fans of the original series as the products they liked become no longer for them. Its bad for sales because the original fanbase don't buy the product in as greater numbers as before.

Reactions: Dan

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I don't think so, if a split happens b/c a series changes direction, then that's going to alienate people who were fans of the original direction, and at a point it just becomes a whole mess if a series is trying to cater to old and new

Final Fantasy and Sonic are examples where the fanbase is fractured and its hard to figure out what the series identity even is anymore

Quin

Disaster Master
Yes, because it shows the creators are willing to experiment with the franchise and try out new things. Zelda is the perfect example of this. Its one of the more diverse older series out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom