• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Bottle Glitch

want more bottles? well say no more because there is a way! (of course itll screw up you inventory but ill get to that in just a sec) Ok, what you want to do is to go to Zora's Domain as a child and go to that place near the shop with the shallow water and the fish. Now take out your bottle and swing at a fish. QUICK! in mid-swing pause the game and switch the bottle you were using for a different item and un-pause. If you did this correctly link will keep swinging the bottle and catch the fish. Now pause and see that where that item used to be there is now a bottle! :clap:( you can do this at any fairy fountain or place with things to catch with a bottle, i just used Zora's Domain as an example) WARNING!!! when you do this you will lose the item forever! (unless you shut it off without saving) and there is no way to get it back. the best thing to do is to turn a useless, unrequired item into a bottle (deku nuts etc.). Another thing. if you use a glitched bottle to store a fairy and you go around and get yourself killed, the fairy WILL-NOT automaticly heal you...just keep these things in mind when doing this glitch.

P.S. it is quite fun to turn a full inventory into bottles (just DONT SAVE hahahaha) :chu:

lawl, I saved, and now I cant get the big goron sword, but the bottle was put to good use.

I remember what happened though, I had tried the glitch to complete a dungeon on master quest that was actually quite difficult for me, I finally completed it, and had no intentions of keeping it so I saved and stuck.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Wow I did not know about this. I have to try this it would be really bad to do it on like the sling shot or deku sticks and then in lets say you need them again in the Spirit Temple then you can't beat it. At least you can get all the big poes in one trip.

C

Chibi-Robo Link

Lol, I remember this! When you have the biggoron sword it's a good idea to use this on your useless claim check. And just so you know, it works on bugs and other bottle stuff too, not just fish. Another cool thing is that if you replace an item only adult-link can use it turns into an adult-only bottle :D

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
HAHA i just tried this glitch and i gaot 24 fairies (yeah good luck killing me Ganon)
they are many gltches in the gamme sometimes you activate them by accident...
i once was on Jabu Jabu used Farore Wind and finshed somewhere in the Spirit Temple...what the happened there

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've known about this glitch for a while, actually. And by a while, I mean since 1999. It is possible that none of the new players know about it, though... so thanks for posting it!

I usually use it to give myself a fifth bottle after getting the Biggoron's Sword. I usually replace the Claim Check and the Mask slot, so Child and Adult Link both get one extra bottle.

It's safe to replace the Claim Check, because that slot will never be needed again. The Mask slot is technically optional, AND it's the only item slot where the transformation into a bottle can be reversed (just go to the Happy Mask Shop and exchange your mask).

However, I would never replace my useful items with it, because I want to be able to use them all, even if I don't need to do so. It would just feel... wrong to have them all replaced with bottles.

I discovered this accidentally fairly recently. And it was great, until I realized I lost my lens of truth. UGH. Granted, I couldn't finish the game.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
This made doing the big poes so much quicker, loved this glitch when I found it but haven't used it in a while. Thanks for jogging my memory about it gonna have some fun with it now!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
yeah its really fun to tottally screw up a 100% completed game and have ALL bottles...then go destroy ganon...the one sad part is that i cant remember how to equip a bottle to the B button (glitch)
Here's a video of how to get the secret colored gauntlets which involves the bottle on B button glitch.

The Mask slot is technically optional, AND it's the only item slot where the transformation into a bottle can be reversed (just go to the Happy Mask Shop and exchange your mask).
Actually, it's safe to do it on anything with that's a random pickup. For example, If you replace Deku Nuts and you pick up a Deku Nut from a Deku Baba the bottle will be gone and the Deku Nuts will be back.

octorok74

TETTAC
I have been looking for this glitch forever. I wondered why I couldn't find it, but who cares it is finally here. Thank you so much.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I actually discovered this by accident.

Once I was low on health, so I went to a nearby fairy fountain to get a full refill plus a fairy in a bottle. Right in the middle of aquiring my fairy, I paused and went to get my dinner. When I came back, I switched to a different item and left the fountain. What I didnt realise was that it had turned into a bottle. I went back to the item screen to see if I could change it to the desired item, but I saw that it wasnt there. In its place, an empty bottle!

It really freaked me out at first. I belive it was a quest item of some sort, so it annoyed me that I lost it. I realised that the only thing I could do was turn off and turn on again. To my relief, the item had returned, but I had lost some of my progress plus the fairy. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom