• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Bosses That Should Return in Zelda Wii U

Similar to the Enemies That Should Return in Zelda Wii U thread, what Bosses do you want to return to Zelda Wii U? This can include the Final Bosses, Mini-Bosses, and the regular Bosses seen throughout the Zelda Universe.

I would LOVE if Nintendo would return Aquamentus to Zelda Wii U! While only appearing in two Zelda games (TLoZ and OoS), it has left me with remarkable impressions on it as it serves the FIRST Boss in the Zelda Universe Link faces in his quest. It would look very fabulous in HD as it would be its first 3D appearence if it does appear in Zelda Wii U. Who wouldn't want a large, green, horned dragon with small wings to be in 3D? Soooo, what Boss/Bosses do you want to return to Zelda Wii U?

Aquamentus-OoS.png

Last edited:
Oh god, after SS the idea of returning bosses that i've already beaten kind of turns my stomach. Ss repeated about five bosses at least twice each and it really bugged me. Right now for WiiU i won't mind Ganondorf coming back but if any other Zelda boss that i've already seen comes back for round two i'm not gonna be happy.

Deeds

no text
I wouldn't really like bosses to return in Zelda Wii U. I'd prefer it if they were all original and amazing in their own way.

I'd like to see Smog from Oracle of Ages return.

OoA_Smog.png

The Cane of Somaria is everything the Dominion Rod wasn't, a very useful items for creating blocks that could be used as both defensive buffers and effective weapons.

Additionally, a classic we haven't seen in awhile is Moldorm. While Moldorm have appeared as enemies, the frustrating battles knocking Link off a platform are primitive, frustrating, and memorable. I'd take Moldorm over Gohma any day of the week.

100px-Moldorm-ALTTP-Sprite.png

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I'd like to see classic bosses such as Aquamentus, Gleeok, Digdogger, Horsehead, and Thunder Bird return in Zelda Wii-U.

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
None. Give us something new, completely new. However, knowing Nintendo, I can see many bosses coming back, or at least, repeated designs for boss battles returning.

I wouldn't mind Ganondorf coming back, though. As long as they make his battle difficult, unlike how incredibly easy he was to beat in TP.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Well, Ganondorf, I'm hoping. Asides from, I'd prefer mostly original bosses, but giving a few classic bosses some cameo battles (in mini dungeons maybe?) I feel would be alright.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I did like how Arrghus from A Link to the Past returned in Majora's Mask in the form of Wart.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3D take on ALttP's Helmasaur King. The Helmaroc King in The Wind Waker was kind of getting there but I don't want a giant bird, I want to see a giant, quadrapedal lizard with a solid mask concealing its face. I picture it as being a fight in which you don't just use a hammer to smash the mask but use bombs to break stalactites off the ceiling or something, or lead it off a drop to smash its face up. I don't know, I just think it'd make for a fun boss in a future game.

Knowing Nintendo, there might be some returning Bosses as this happens a lot in Zelda. While I do believe that there should be original bosses in Zelda Wii U or any Zelda game, Nintendo could return Bosses that appear only in 2D Zelda Games like Smog and Helmasaur King and make them have stunning visuals and unique/harder boss fights. If Nintendo, like Spirit of Rutela said, make the Bosses appear over and over again in Zelda Wii U like in SS, then that would make me sad as Nintendo could have had more potential in making more original Bosses or return rare Bosses in the game.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Am not into the idea of having old bosses return...

For example we get a different version of Ghoma in nearly every Zelda :/ sometimes I think cant, Nintendo come up with new boss ideas?

However if I had to choose one boss to ruturn or at least a similar boss to be seen in the next Zelda Instalment on the Wii U it would have to be Argorok from Twilight Princess. This boss not only looked epic but overall the boss fight was epic and it looked like something straight out of a Lord of the Rings film! If we were to see more of these epic scale boss fights with more of a challenge, I certainly would be happy :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only boss, final or not, that I'd like to see return for Zelda Wii U is Ganondorf. Not Ganon, but Ganondorf Dragmire. How would they incorporate this into the game, I don't know and I don't have a clue. All i know is that his humanly return will be epic, or else Nintendo will disappoint many players.

As for mini-bosses, I'd love to see the following dudes make a new appearance:
Miniboss3_Subterror.gif
Facade_OOS.png
Syger.png

<3

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I would definitely like some of the classic bosses to reappear, especially Gleeok, Blind, and Bongo Bongo. As for the main boss, definitely Ganondorf.
232px-Gleeokloz.png
Blind-ALTTP-Sprite.png
447px-Bongobongo.png

I'm of a similar opinion that Zelda should focus on giving us new bosses first, and it seems for the most part they have. Mini-bosses aside, Skyward Sword didn't reuse a single boss from earlier in the series (and those few mini-bosses were usually just upgraded enemies), so we could stand to see one or two old bosses return in HD, more if they were used in optional dungeons and sidequests as Krazy4Krash inferred. I don't have an overwhelming list of bosses I'd like to see again, but several do strike me as becoming infinitely more majestic in HD.

- Aquamentus
- Dodongo (in general)
- Manhandla
- Dead Hand
- Volvagia/Barba

Many of these bosses were only fought in 2D or were limited to the technology and concepts of the time. With today's graphics, hardware, and new concepts, these bosses could be re-imagined in epic fights. Imagine a giant, salivating, four-headed carnivorous plant, studying you closely to decide how to pluck you from the ground and eat you. That's Manhandla in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom