• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bored at work so I came up with a prequel to all the Final Fantasy games.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Final Fantasy takes place in a multi-verse setting; which explains why each FF game is in a different setting with different rules.
This was more than confirmed thanks to the Dissidia games, FFXIV lore, and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.
But that begs the question:
If these are the FINAL fantasies... which was the FIRST fantasy?
Yes, I am fully aware as to the IRL reasons as to why the franchise is called Final Fantasy, this would be just some poetic meta narrative reasons to add on top of that.

Anyway, I came up with an idea for a game that instead of being called Final Fantasy, it would be called First Fantasy.

Here is the link to my Google Doc where I basically brainstormed the gist of my hypothetical prototype for First Fantasy.

I also think that if Square Enix were to make such a game, they could give the audience of the announcement trailer some surprise.
For example, you are watching E3.
Square Enix is showing the trailer of a Sci-Fi Fantasy game, being snippets of cinematics and gameplay.
Near the end of the trailer, the screen fades to black as the iconic Final Fantasy Prelude begins playing on a piano, but something is off.
As the song progresses and the iconic Final Fantasy "F"s fade into view as F____ F______, the song begins to detune and get into lower octaves, even slowing down.
When the final note hits at its lowest and longest note, the remainder of the words suddenly fill in.
While the audience was expecting for the reveal to spell out FINAL FANTASY with a subtitle, the viewers are stunned to see the title card revealed as
FIRST FANTASY

Whaddya think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom