• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bootleg Game Systems

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Have you guys ever had any experience with any bootleg systems? There's tons and tons of them over the years of varying quality that I wonder if some of you guys encountered some.

When I was around 8, we had one called the Power Joy or something that was one of those plug n play systems that advertised having 7000 games or something, when really it was just the same 60 or so Famicom games listed multiple times. This was actually how I was introduced to NES/Famicom games, so I give it major credit for that. It didn't have a lot of complex games, mostly those early black box NES games and arcade ports. But I liked it for what it was. Interesting thing is the controller/plug n play was shaped like an N64 controller, and I've never seen an N64 as a kid, so years later when I saw pictures of the N64 on the internet, I was really taken back when I realized that's what it was based on.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Bootleg systems fall into 2 categories. You either get a bunch of NES games with horrendous emulation quality, or you get the ones with, uh… ”original” games.

I say that in quotes specifically because I’m pretty sure that most of the original ones are shared among bootleg systems. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen the “firefighter” game on one of those.

Still, those can be pretty fun if you just feel like wading through some garbage.

I unfortunately have not had the pleasure of owning one, but my dad found a bootleg of the NES Mini on Amazon full of a library of 100+ bootleg games. He was convinced it was the real deal and was gonna buy it for me.

Sometimes I kinda regret talking him out of it because I can only imagine how many masterpieces were tucked away in that.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I never had a bootleg console, the closest thing was a PS2 who an older kid in the neighborhood I grew up in gave me. It came with a disc that had roms of a bunch of PS2 games on it, but most of them were games I didn't care about.

I did homebrew my Wii a few years ago, lol.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I never had one personally but a friend of mine did a few years back. So many of the games were in Chinese, broken English, or so buggy that it was difficult to play.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
My friend got me a handheld system called the Miyoo Mini a few months ago for my birthday. I love it! It can play NES, SNES, GB, GBA, and even some PS1 games and more. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to play classic games on the go. Like I said, the system isn't powerful enough to play a PS1 game like FF7 or 8, but it can play some of the ones that don't have a lot going on with the graphics.

RMV

I have too many to count (no, really, I do -- i have some stuff from JXD, My Arcade handhelds, sunplus tech, etc), although some are just emulation machines. RG 350 one of my best ones -- I played lots of FF GBA titles on that a while ago. I have a few Nintendo DS flashcarts lying around... if that counts, as well as GBA flashcart 369-in-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom