• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Bongo Bongo

Guardian

The Chosen One
I don't really remember fighting him for the first time. But after a few attempts I just kept following the pattern and after awhile I figured out what to do and I beat him. I think that he was a very enjoyable boss to face.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
He was one of my favorite bosses, but overall he was very easy.

Anyone notice that the overall concept of Bong Bongo has been overused WAAAAAY too much in Nintendo's games?

I think he is a bit hard for the first time if you don't get the hang and pattern of it quickly enough. But once you have defeated him once, it actually becomes pretty easy. At least that is the way it happened to me.

S

Spreeze

The first time I fought him, I thought he took damage when you hit his hands... so I was hitting his hands for like, twenty minutes until I died. THEN I figured out you had to hit his eye. Once I knew that, he was very easy for me and I killed him right away. So uh... I wouldn't say Bongo Bongo was a hard boss.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
The first or second time I fought him, he was pretty hard, but eventually, he just waited there after I stunned him and then I beat him to death. I felt like he was paralyzed longer than he should have been that time, maybe it was a glitch.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I posted this on the Spirit vs Shadow thread and thought I had to ask.
Is there any one else out there that finds Bongo Bongo incredbly easy. People keep saying he is hard, but he is easy. I find him a no damage (or close to) boss.

The only thing i found hard or akward about bongo bongo was shooting his hands (akward) and shooting his face (hard).

Zarom

The King
If you use the Master Sword (not the Biggoron's Sword), this boss is not so easy, but not so hard too. For me, I think he is pretty easy (but not the first time, when you don't know what to do)

If I compare it to the other bosses in the game, he would be like the 4th or 5th in terms of difficulty. (1st being the hardest)

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I could have sworn I posted in this thread before or perhaps its a similar thread....anyways...

The first time that I fought against him, I was still in Puerto Rico and at that time I wasn't all that great with English. I read Navi's tip over and over again but I didn't quite understand it. So at first I do admit that he killed me a few times. It was that bad, either way.

Now a days, he's not difficult at all, I mean sure, the bouncing does get annoying but once you can't the rhythm of his bongos then you've got nothing to worry about. =)

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
Bongo Bongo gave me the shivers in the past, i remember i lost a really bunch of times against him. He moves his hands too fast and i didn't know you must use the Bow and Arrows. I was trying it with the Boomerang and other stuff first. When i figure out about the Bow and Arrow i kinda suck with his last ''shove'' attack, where the Lens of Truth is needed. He hits me every time till i got him a little bit.

I played OoT more times and Bongo Bongo is no match against me now, while i still had problems with him in Project 64, but a keyboard kinda sucks to beat him.
I must say for the first time he is a hard challenge, after some times he's nothing anymore.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I always had trouble with this boss. It just begins playing the bongo and I go into a rage. I hate how the screen moves and moves and then I go nuts and begin firing him all my arrows in one try and I don't hit him and then he throws me to the acid and then I die!!:mad: Gah!!!

Ok, I'll try to calm down. -.-
:mellow: sorry for that little trouble. It's just that I remember bittersweet moments. Yes, bittersweet, because then I try again and I beat him so fast...

I'm not sure why, but that always happens. I had 8 years when it happened the first time, and it still happens now.

octorok74

TETTAC
Bongo-Bongo was very easy. It was an enjoyable boss battle, but it should have been harder. Whenever I face him I never even use the lens of truth, because his hands tell you how close he is.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I say that Bongo-Bongo can be hard for some and easy for others. For me however I can beat him with maybe using one fairy his attacks can do damage like the one were he throws you into the poison and you take damage for that. So I say the battle is somewhat difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom