• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bongo Bongo Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
I'm playing OoT for the Gamecube and i'm at bongo bongo. Two questions:
1)Is there a bigger quiver? If so, where can i get it? (he uses up my arrows FAST.)
2)Is there any secret to defeating him? any cheap ways?

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If you put on the hover boots, he shouldn't be able to bounce you around as much. And to get the quiver upgrades, you must beat the Kakariko Shooting Gallery once and beat the Gerudo Horseback Archery twice. Also, when fighting Bongo Bongo, always target his hands when you shoot them. If he moves around too much, back off. If you back away, he won't move. Also, when he charges you, target him and shoot him with an arrow. It's easier than using the spin attack, which is, strangely, what a lot of people I talk to do instead. Use these tricks and you'll be fine.

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
Yeah, it's easy to forget to Z-Target when fighting in OoT. Personally I do it all the time, but I had alot of problems with Bongo Bongo when I couldn't remember to Z-Target. If you do actually target, I think you're doing something wrong.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The best way is to
1: Watch the hands closely. They move and can kick you, punch you and even squeeze you.
2. Don't shoot too fast. Z Target on one hand and shoot. And then watch the other hand because it won't stay still. Just Target and move aside when necessary and then shoot.
3. When Bongo Bongo comes to you and you have to shoot the eye wait till he is close enough so you don't have to run a long way towards him.
4. Z -Focus when he is down and jump attack. This will do more damage than the normal slash

You should be able to finish him off with your normal quiver. Oh and the shooting minigame to get the first upgrade made me addicted to it hahahah!!

You can also shoot one hand with an arrow (only shoot his hand when you're in the air) and the other hand and his eye with the Longshot.
That will save you a lot of arrows.

Keep targeting his hands, watch them carefully and keep your distance.

You can't shoot his hand when he makes a fist, so avoid the fist at all costs.

If he grabs you, tap A repeatedly and he'll let go, that will prevent him from throwing you.

Wear the Goron Tunic, just in case you do get thrown by Bongo Bongo into the acid pool.

The Biggoron Sword makes the battle a whole lot easier overall.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Everyone's already explained what you need to do. This thread should probably be closed, as your question has been answered.

-Thread Closed-

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
What? No, you're doing it right. The only enemy that targeting doesn't work on is Dark Link... And I would think targeting would be pretty instinctive...
No, what I meant was that, if he targets and still has problems then he's doing something wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Zleda

Toon Deity
To best defeat Bongo Bongo, I've found it easiest to target on his hands and only shoot them once (they'll turn blue). then flip on the lens of truth(fast) and aim with your bow at his eye. all this has to be done fast, as he charges you pretty quick. also, if you have the BIGGORON's sword, use that to hit him, it only takes 3 jump slashes with it to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom