• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Blast Mask

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I read this elsewhere and I absolutely had to post it here, so hilarious, yet weird.

In Majora's Mask, if Link uses the blast mask, he wears it on his head and it blows up. Cool, but Link does take some damage. (How a mask on your face blowing up doesn't kill you, that is besides the point).

The thing that really is awkward, is if Link has the bomb mask equipped, but then holds his shield out, he WON'T take any damage. Are you kidding me? Does holding you shield out away from your body actually shield your face from a mask that is ON your face. How thinks up this stuff?

P

Peregrine

From a programmer's perspective, it's probably pretty logical.

do bomb.explode();
x=damage
if Link is within range and shield=false
call link.damage(x)
end if
end do

They probably used the same code for a regular explosion, but forgot to take into account that the bomb was on the wrong side of the shield.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
got a point, the explosion occurs at the front of the mask, maybe thats why you can shield it.

and yes i agree its weird that link only looses 1 heart, but then again the whole idea of MM is pretty weird if you think about it.

Kybyrian

Heh, that's pretty funny. Holding your shield out in front of you and then when a bomb blows up on your face you take no damage. And I also don't see how it doesn't kill you in the first place. Then again, I don't see how a hit from a giant Ball and Chain doesn't kill you either. Heh.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
That is pretty hilarious now that I think about it. Like Peregrine said, the programmers probably just made a simple mistake. Link is one of the toughest guys out there I suppose. I don't see how many things don't kill him, as in..

Being run over by Goht or Dodongo.
Falling off of Death Mountain and being able to just roll and be alright
And not to mention walking through Lava.

Concerning the bomb mask though, imagine if Link DID die, and his head EXPLODED. That's kinda.. greusome.. yet.. intriguing. You never really think about Link DYING. When he does die, whether it be from freezing, drowning, bring burned alive, falling to his death, landing on spikes, etc.. he always seems to just die without any real damage. Although I think if you die while in lava, Link actually catches on fire. I'm not sure about that but it's what I remember.

The bomb mask is actually quite useful though, if you run out of bombs and need them for a wall. I'd spare a heart for a well needed bomb, sure.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I'd spare a heart for a well needed bomb, sure.

This is what the modern world calls, suicide bombing. Sacrifice your own 'heart' to blow something else up. How nice of Nintendo. Hehe.

Well, since it is video game land, and our hero Link has... multiple hearts that can be replenished all the time, sure, it is worth nearly blowing your head off to defeat an enemy. Find this quite amusing yet disturbing.

Z

Zelda Granny

Speaking of blowing things up, one day I decided to shoot the thief who stole the old lady's bombs with an arrow instead of hitting him with the sword and he BLEW UP! It was soooo funny, my daughter was watching and we both cracked up laughing. Oh, and needless to say the old lady didn't give me the mask for blowing up her bombs lol.

linkman8

True and Noble
Seriously? I didn't know that could happen. I want to try it now. :D

Oh, and I don't think Nintendo had suicide bombing on their mind when they made the Blast Mask.

Z

Zelda Granny

Seriously, I don't know if I hit the bombs or what but he vaporised... lol.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
Majora's Mask just had tons of "last resorts". Several forms to exploit enemies if you so desire, Blast Mask if you run out of Bombs, Zora Mask's fins if you run out of arrows (to shoot things at a distance), six bottles for tons of fairies, my gosh... In a way, they added too many items to cover every possible situation, including some that were entirely useless... on purpose...

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Majora's Mask just had tons of "last resorts". Several forms to exploit enemies if you so desire, Blast Mask if you run out of Bombs, Zora Mask's fins if you run out of arrows (to shoot things at a distance), six bottles for tons of fairies, my gosh... In a way, they added too many items to cover every possible situation, including some that were entirely useless... on purpose...

got a point there. every time if you played the song of time, your bombs, rupees, arrows ect.. is gone. so its logical that they made the blast mask.

lol i also used the blast mask in some places to get a littile boost when jumping.
the basic bunnnyhood+blast mask combo.
first put on bunny hood, then jump, in midair use the blast mask to gain a little boost.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
lol i also used the blast mask in some places to get a littile boost when jumping.
the basic bunnnyhood+blast mask combo.
first put on bunny hood, then jump, in midair use the blast mask to gain a little boost.

Interesting. I've heard that mentioned before, but I never really considered doing it. The game is set up so you can reach whatever you need to (with the exception of getting some of the stray fairies in the Great Bay Temple - jumping to frozen platforms) so there isn't much need for that.

Perhaps eventually, I'll play through the game again and keep that in mind as I revise the guide.

silent lion

ReDead
I've gotta try the boost thing...

Also don't forget Link had to listen to death music, get chopped about, pelted with flaming boulders, thrown here there and everywhere, electrocuted...

The blast mask was always a ludicrous idea. But like people have said, the whole game is ludicrous(ly cool). I mean, if the moon falling wasn't insane enough, the moon having a face just takes it too far. And the design of the giants... maybe there should be a thread making fun of that game. I'm pretty sure Nintendo knew there would be laughs when they added in the blast mask. It wouldn't be the same without it.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I've gotta try the boost thing...

Also don't forget Link had to listen to death music, get chopped about, pelted with flaming boulders, thrown here there and everywhere, electrocuted...

The blast mask was always a ludicrous idea. But like people have said, the whole game is ludicrous(ly cool). I mean, if the moon falling wasn't insane enough, the moon having a face just takes it too far. And the design of the giants... maybe there should be a thread making fun of that game. I'm pretty sure Nintendo knew there would be laughs when they added in the blast mask. It wouldn't be the same without it.

some people don 't know this, but MM had rather a dark story.
i mean moon falling ( i like the glowing eyes )
aliens invading lon lon ranch
cursed kafei turns in to a boy and tries to marry the person he loves.
a dad who turns turned to a half gibido

the background story of each thing is interesting. the most interesting part was the garo of my opinion. i love the line "to die without leaving a corpse, thats the way of a garo" BOOM. now those need a blast mask lol,

i also read in a article that termina means doom.

I think it is pretty obvious it has a dark story, I dont see how people could miss it. But about the Kafei thing, the curse isnt the dakr side of his story. Go to the Inn on the day three at about 4am (2 hours until armageddon) He will be just chillin in the room waiting for death. And actually, if you visit other places in town that close to the end, it seems a lot of people have just given up hope and pretty much said screw it, we;re done for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom