• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Big Brother (RP Sign Up)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
My first actual RP that I'm hosting so bear with me. The story may suck but I hope some people join all the same.

In the year 2050 the US has greatly changed. Big Brother government has taken over and now controls media and society in a dictatorial fashion. The government spies on people with a program called watchdog. All forms of communication are tapped, from the internet to the phones. Armed "Head Hunters" patrol the streets searching and listening to every conversation. Anyone with a conversation or information deemed "questionable" by the government is detained and often never seen or heard from again. Now, will you side with the government and work to protect the cities, or will you fight back in the name of justice? The choice is yours...

That's the story, now here's the character fill out sheet (whatever you want to call it).

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Weapons/Equipment: (It's a near future so futuristic things are allowed, just not too futuristic. In other words, lightsabers and plasma guns, no. Robots, nano-tech, androids, etc. yes)
Faction: (Government or non government basically. You can explain any specifics if you'd like)

Here's my example and character.

Name: Cyrus Larkson
Appearance: 6'-1" and 170 lbs. Has fairly pale complexion, has medium short black spiky hair, and blue eyes. Wears greyish-white or black skinny jeans, various t-shirts, a black hoodie, and gloves.
Personality: Is fairly quiet and reserved but used to be incredibly exuberant as child. Still harbors some childishness in him.
Background: Was picked up at the age of 20 for drug possession. Rather than lock him up the government decided to use him for a secret experiment for nano-tech. They injected him with nano machines and studied his reaction. Everything was normal until 3 days after the test. The nano machines had detected an infection in his right arm and rather than combat it medically attacked it physically, slowly removing his arm from the inside out due to faulty programming. The experiment was closed, all information swept under the rug, and Cyrus was put back out into the world. In order to get revenge Cyrus acquired a bio-mechanical arm from the black market and used nano-tech to attach it and integrate it with his system as well as reprogram the nano-machines in his body.
Weapons/Equipment: Nano-machines in his body are programmed to produce large amounts of electrical energy that can be used in a multitude of ways such as augmenting muscle out put or nervous and sensory perception. Bio-Mechanical arm functions as a way to discharge electricity in a physical form as well as it's ability to produce up to 500 lbs. of force. Also has a standard .45 caliber pistol.
Faction: Non-government; Vigilante

Anyway, I'm hoping I can some of you to join.

Last edited:

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
is it bad when I saw the title my first thought was the TV show.

Anyways, I like it! I reminds me of a book I read once. The ending, the government won, mind you. And it was a crappy ending buttttt whatever.

I'll make my sign-ups tomorrow. My brain hurts right now, I'll just edit this post.

I just made a new post, lol. *shrug* I forget things easy...

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
This reminds me of a TV show I watch called Firefly. ^^

Name: Momiji Atsucane
Appearance: Image Detail for - Isuzu Sohma - Fruits Basket Wiki
Personality: A little confused, doesn't know what to think or do, shy
Background: She was unsure of what to do when the Big Brother government took over, so she decided she'd obey and do what she was told, even though she doesn't like it
Weapons/Equipment: So can I have a lazer gun? And also a sword.
Faction: Government, but she can be convinced otherwise. She's a little iffy right now

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This reminds me of a TV show I watch called Firefly. ^^

Name: Momiji Atsucane
Appearance: Image Detail for - Isuzu Sohma - Fruits Basket Wiki
Personality: A little confused, doesn't know what to think or do, shy
Background: She was unsure of what to do when the Big Brother government took over, so she decided she'd obey and do what she was told, even though she doesn't like it
Weapons/Equipment: So can I have a lazer gun? And also a sword.
Faction: Government, but she can be convinced otherwise. She's a little iffy right now

Yeah, I can allow laser guns. It's fine. :D Looks good!

Firefly <3

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
( Damn when I read the word 'Futuristic' Tron discs came to mind, then the words 'Not too futuristic' came. :P )
Name: Roxas Venntus
Appearance: 5 foot 11 inches, about 165lbs, blonde short, spiky hair, often wears a white-ish shirt with black and red trousers, he wears a sort of spikes metal armour on his left shoulder.
Personality: Trusting, rather childish, a little flighty, follows his heart most of all.
Background: He was a little confused over the new Big brother government, at first he didn't really care, so long as he could have fun, then he noticed that the Big Brother government were getting in the way of that, and decided he couldn't side with them.
Weapons/Equipment: Baseball sword ( it's a baseball bat that turns into a sword at the click of a button. Without Tron discs it's the most futuristic weapon I could think of. ), grappling hook and ( unless it's a bit over the top ) a helicopter, ( stolen helicopter if that helps )
Faction: Non-government,

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Name: Sean Lowlithe
Appearance: girl1.jpg 5'4" and 120 lbs.
Personality: Determined. Set on a mission, doesn't like to be put off track. Can have a laugh once in a while. Will occasionally break down due to stress. Has weaknesses.
Background: Was taken in by the government for an experiment to add special effects to sight. The experiment wasn't taken too seriously, the president disapproving. The scientists threw her out when they saw that there was a side effect - the whites of her eyes gradually turned black, turning the pigment in her irises from brown to yellow. Little did they know that their experiment ended up working, but Sean would not let them know that. She quickly took actions for revenge, and since then, she's been slowly but surely planning a rebellion undercover.
Weapons/Equipment: Sight allows her to see incredible distances and incredible details. Gloves that have suctions that allow her to crawl anywhere she needs to. M107 Sniper Rifle.
Faction: Non-Government

Last edited:

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Name: Scars (this is not his real name. He will be relieved as the story progresses. He 'discarded' his previous name.)
Appearance: Wears a mask that covers his entire face and head that looks like this: http://www.501st.com/crl/SL_CRL/SL106_Nihilus_COTF/106_03.jpg (but it has eye holes and a mouth hole, of course. To make it look more mask like.) The only visible part of his face are his blue eyes. He wears a black jacket with the letters TS on the back. He wears blue converse and blue or black jeans.
Personality: rough and tough. Takes crap from no one. Gets the job done. Can be very caring for those in need when he is not at his job, although.
Background: I better not say, it would give away what character I am using XD His family was killed by the government when he was 15 because they felt he and his family could be a potential threat. They left him alive and he became a living science experiment. He was brainwashed to think that everyone was evil and worked for the government removing anyone that could be a potential threat to the government. About when he was 19, he regained his memories and killed everyone in his sector that he 'worked' with. After this, he realized that he could use these new memories to his advantage to avenge his family. He now secretly pretends he is an emotionless killer for the government and still sort of does their dirty work, but really works to help liberate.
Weapons/Equipment: A scientific sword that works as a boomerang. Looks like this but larger: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110602181142/bleachfanfiction/images/7/79/Curved_Sword.jpg
He also uses a gun, lazer gun, if a normal pistol isn't fancy enough. He mainly uses the sword, though.
Faction: Secretly, Anti-government. But works for them, gathering information to take them down someday.

(Tell me if you need me to change anything, Johnny!)

masterSword2

Smile!
Name: Thomas Severson.

Appearance: 6'2" 160 lbs. Has dark brown hair, blue eyes, and wears glasses. Usually wears something like a black collared shirt and jeans.

Personality: A seemingly trustworthy guy, who in actuality is an excellent liar. He is a very friendly, likable guy with very good communication and social skills. He can be very persuasive and at times manipulative. He is a good team player. He has very strong opinions, and holds firm to them no matter what. He is a bit of an opportunist, but generally he is kind to those around him. As soon as he starts hacking however, he becomes solely focused on what he can do to cause the most damage.

Background: Owns a small computer repair shop in his town. He is the only one who works there. He Has completely separated himself from his family in order to protect them if it were ever to be found out that he is a hacker. Other than secretly being a hacker, his life hasn't been very eventful. He is hoping to find a group of some kind that he can join that opposes the government.

Weapons/Equipment: He is completely incompetent with weapons (i.e. guns, knives, swords) but instead carries a laptop hidden in a backpack, that's untraceable by the government, on which he is able to hack into things (including the government, but to a lesser
extent). At his apartment he has a desktop with the same qualities as the laptop. (although this next thing isn't really a "weapon" or "epuipment" I still consider it to fall under this section.) He is also able to talk his way out of many situations.

Faction: Secretly anti government, but seems like a pro government, law abiding citizen.

(this is my first time role playing so I might not be very good, I'm just hoping to have a good time though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom