• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Horror Villains of All Time

Big Octo

=^)
The horror movie genre, a cinematic breath-taker seen throughout the decades. In this time, there has been much exploration in terms of monsters and all around bad guys. Some may have had a short-lived life on the big screen, while others have had a major impact in memory and film history.

So, it's a basic question, what do you consider to be the best horror movie villains of all time?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Freddie Krueger

He invades your dreams, what could be more intimate than that? He knows exactly what scares his victims the most and makes those fears a reality, tormenting them in a very specific way before killing them. He is fear itself and although he got quite silly as the films went on, he was a true menace in the first few films and in Freddy vs. Jason

The Thing

Although the creature itself is scary, it's the feeling of paranoia and mistrust that it leaves amongst the research station's crew in the film that gives The Thing its power. The film is unbearably tense because the creature can be anyone at almost anytime, even the main character. As a viewer you feel you can't be safe at any point and that to me is the mark of an excellent horror villain.

Last edited:

Dan

Honestly surprised this thread hasn't gotten more activity.

Pinhead
Just look at him, funny look guy, runner up is the one Vanessa called eddy, the one that does that noise with his teeth. :P

IT
I know it's a cheesy horror movie, but you couldn't help but laugh at and love IT, he was after all a pedo clown... wonder if he was from France (Skype wondering emotiocon)

That girl thing from the grudge
Love the noise she makes :P

Laz
He's been haunting the ZD community for months now, he's a great villian. ;)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
the best villains are always those little cute pale girls from japanese horrors :D

My personal favourite is Freddy Krueger. A Nightmare on Elm Street was one of the first horror movies I watched and Freddy seemed really cool to me. Sure most of the movies where goofy but that's what I think made Freddy great.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The Thing

Although the creature itself is scary, it's the feeling of paranoia and mistrust that it leaves amongst the research station's crew in the film that gives The Thing its power. The film is unbearably tense because the creature can be anyone at almost anytime, even the main character. As a viewer you feel you can't be safe at any point and that to me is the mark of an excellent horror villain.

This is pretty much my pick right here. John Carpenter's The Thing has an incredible atmosphere, and it's largely because of the premise.

I wouldn't say the movie scared me much, but I absolutely loved it, and seeing what the creature was capable of was fascinating.

Runner up is Nosferatu. Just look at him!

[video=youtube;N-DrKgjit4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DrKgjit4I[/video]

The movie itself gave me a feeling of primal terror I've rarely experienced from a film. Very effective.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I like The Joker. Chaotic evil characters tend to be my favorite. You never know what they're going to do, or when. Yet the why is always so simple... "Why not"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom