• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Ganon Battle

Fav Ganon Battle?

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALttP

• OoT

• OoX

• TWW

• FSA

• TP

• Total voters

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Haven't seen a thread like this before.

Out of the numerous times our dashing hero triumphed over Ganon, which battle was your favorite?

For me it was the OoT Battle. Gahh it's hard to explain why but i'm sure most of you will understand when i say i just get that feeling of epic danger and high stakes.
The OoT final battle was perfect for me. First the little showdown with Ganondorf, then you escape the castle, the BAM CASTLE CRUSHED, GIANT MONSTER AND YOU ALONE IN A RING OF FIRE W EPIC MUSIC JKBLAYUFBE.

OoT hands down. Link traveled seven years in time to save the kingdom of Hyrule from the Gerudo thief. The battle itself was rich and varied from a gameplay perspective. The organ music playing as you enter sets the tone for the entire encounter. Ganondorf spouted magic out of his fingertips much like our silent protagonist and everything well full circle from the Phantom Ganon encounter in the Forest Temple. Escaping the castle was nothing too special but still thoughtfully executed with the flames encircling Zelda and the Stalfos appearing to slay Link. The Ganon portion of the final battle, however, definitely takes the cake. That horned beast is fearsome and taking it out was pure joy. In traditional Nintendo troll fashion the most basic items including Deku Nuts actually inflict the most damage on this fearsome foe. ;)

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
OOT because the first battle sets up awesomely for the final fight, we all thought we had defeated Ganon the first time, but ooooooo were we wrong :lol:

Ocarina of Time for me. The first time I fought Ganon when I was a kid I was pretty intimidated. When I beat him the first time I was ready to run off and tell everyone that I beat it, but than his second form arrived. That battle is just memorable to me and no other battle could top that.

Fig

The Altruist
For sure it's a tie for me between Ocarina of Time's and Twilight Princess's. Both had great final battles with Ganondorf and each was heart-stopping at certain moments. Those battles were very intense and I am happy I was able to experience them both. Though Twilight Princess had more forms to go through (which is what I really loved about that battle), the classic final showdown between the heroic hero versus the dark ruler capable of destroying the world. Ocarina of Time had the best final boss battle from all of the other games within the series.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've got Twilight Princess bias.

He has four forms, and they they all have epic music, and set the tone of the mood perfectly. Each form takes use of several techniques and methods along the journey. A defence-based Puppet Zelda battle, Beast Wolf vs. Beast Ganon head-on combat, a fast paced horseback battle, an epic duel between two swordsmen, and it all ends with the best conclusion to a Zelda story. Easy favourite.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
OOT was the best fight. Ganondorf was epic with his magic balls and spirit bombing. He did a decent amount of damage too. The fight was just right with difficulty. The Ganon fight afterwards upped the Epicness and was the perfect final battle and end to the game.

TP COULD have won, had the fights been more challenging because I believe the final sword fight with Ganondorf was one of the most epic fights in video games. Of course with all his muscles and giant sword he did the most innapropriate amount of damage (about the amount being slapped with a kipper by Malo would do) about half a heart to a heart. It was just ridiculous and it both saddens and angers me at the same time. What were they thinking when they came up with the difficulty!?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT and OoX take the cake for me. OoT's Ganon battle is -the best- closure to a grand adventure, and doubles as the final challenge to victory. (talking within terms of how it felt to me). OoX's Ganon battle felt like a final challenge to victory.

Every other Ganon battle felt like a final challenge to the CREDITS, not so much to Link's victory.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
OoT or TP for me. Both games had epic final battles. OoX also had great final battles, but I don't think it was as near as epic as OoT and OoX.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd say either ALttP or TP Ganon. Both have epic battles that required constant attention.

Not part of the question, but which one is the worst? OoT's by far. All he does is chase you and slash, which can easily be blocked by the shield. There's little to no effort involved. Epic scenery and build-up, lame battle.

On second thought, the worst would be the original LoZ Ganon. Come on, invisible and shooting fireballs that can't be blocked? Talk about cheap and bad design.

Last edited:

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Twilight Princess Definetly! The music fits each of his forms perfectly! All of them were high-tension battles, especially the last one! Think about it: a one-on-one sword fight against the Gerudo king himself with. yep no magic, no one helping u, just good old fashion fight to the death!:D Doesn't that sound remarkable?!

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
TP <3 Why? BECAUSE, PIG! I kinda wanna say specifically, but I cant! I know not how to hide spoilers >.< Anyways , I really like that you get to fight him many times. It was dramatic!

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
as much as i love the Oot Ganon battle, I have to go with TP. This is probably really twisted (Considering I love her character) but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Zelda was Ganon's puppet. Honestly, I've played alot of Zelda's (haven't completed many, mostly watched other people complete them) and I can't remember another time when she was used to attack Link. It was also quite refreshing that she helps out in the final battle as well (On horseback). So yeah, Love the TP Ganon Battle, it was in my opinion pure awesomeness!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Ocarina of Time Ganon battle is the number one fight for me, it was and is everything I would ever want out of a final boss [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom