• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Game of All Time (Voting Thread)

Which is the best game of all time?

• Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

• Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

• Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

• Total voters
The time has come for the voting to begin. The poll will be private, but feel free to post and explain your choice - though as with last round, please no debating - yet.

Please vote. :)

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and I can only pick one?
Ugh, Tough decision but I have to say OoT because that was one of my first games (so was MM but I've only beat it once and it was 3 months ago)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I pick Ocarina of Time of all games because it is elegantly weaved to the status of a masterpiece. Ignoring the game as a Zelda game, I think it's safe to say OoT has pioneered gaming to a very strong position, all the while having those base concepts work incredibly well. Music was wonderful, the game world had a lot of detail, locking onto enemies felt very fluid, and the lore was very rich. All that isn't to say other games haven't taken the concepts and went their own separate paths, but for me, OoT does everything just right. :yes:

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Ocarina of Time is much better. It's much fun to play Zelda than sit and look at threatening messages from angry Call of Duty fanboys on XBOX 360.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I have to say Ocarina of Time cause it was just a very well made game, I'd say that whatever it did it did good, the game to me a very few if any flaws. It's not my favorite game buts its in the running. Also Morrowind was a very good game as well...

My first reaction at seeing the poll is surprise at seeing Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door receive enough nominations to enter the voting round. It is a stellar RPG, however, quite arguably the best in the Super Mario line sans Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

My vote goes to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. A lot of people, Zelda fan or not, are becoming delusional seeing OoT claim the top spot on many a videogame list. Quite frankly, it deserves the honor. It's by no means a perfect game and a keen eye can nitpick a few minor problems here and there but these flaws are so negligible as to not detract from the overall experience. Lock-on is likely Ocarina's greatest achievement since then becoming a cornerstone for another genre-FPSs. The narrative resonates with me to this day. It's simple but effective. Introducing characters during the Young Link half and having them serve as sages during the adult period is very effective. I felt appreciation towards Saria and especially Darunia; few characters have peaked my interest to such an extent. I've played Ocarina of Time more times than any other videogames besides Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 and boot it up periodically to relive the legendary adventure.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Not much choice here would have liked to seen a bigger variety of namesake Bioshock, Shadow of the Collesus, Half Life, GTA Etc.

Deeds

no text
Ocarina, because of the lack of options. There should be every Elder Scroll if you're going to include any.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Being restricted to a rather small list of games, I'd have to go with Majora's Mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom