• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Game Franchises List (My Opinion)

Majora's Cat

How about that
Hmm. I guess the terrible TV show, marketing and trading card game messed up its image, huh? If they had just left the franchise alone to be just an RPG, maybe people wouldn't make fun of it so much.

G

gUtSLyOiR

If you're talking about things like impact, like with halo, then you could stand to include WarCraft/ WoW. c'mon, its was a huge thing for not just MMOs and pc gaming, but the gaming market. it catered to just aobut every player of every age, as long as they could wrap their head around it. I'm a pc gamer, but i say this without even being a player of WoW.

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
Best Video game franchises? Hmmm... Well, LOZ is definately on the list. I also kinda like Mario (been playing those Italian plumber games for who knows how long), The Sims (because I'm interested in architecture & all that sort of stuff.), Guitar Hero I'm getting into a lot lately, because I LOVE music a fair bit, as I just demonstrated. I also like Pokemon from time to time, and some others. Just can't think of them right now.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Zelda
Mario
Metroid
StarFox
Donkey Kong
Professor Layton
Halo (I've only played multiplayer and it was a blast)
Sonic
Megman
Kirby

NO KINGDOM HEARTS!

The only pokemon games I liked were the original ones (red & blue), probably because everybody liked pokemon, and as a kid, you HAVE to go with the other kids! :xd:
Anyway, my top ten franchises:

1. The Legend of Zelda
Do I need to explain anything? :)

2. Shin Megami Tensei
The fact that the majority of the modern JRPG games suck, combined with the fact that a relatively unknown developer called Atlus - which is actually very old (from the NES era, to be more precise) - is kicking every other JRPG developer's *** with it's AMAZING series of JRPGs "Shin Megami Tensei"... and nobody knows it, is killing me. :cry:

3. Metroid
I liked the 2D ones better, but the 3D ones are very good too! :yes:

4. Final Fantasy
Sadly, I don't think Square is what it used to be. :(

5. Fire Emblem
It's really unfortunate that the western side of the world has never known about one of the best RPG franchises of history - and the creator of the tactical RPG style - until recently. We missed SO MUCH content!

6. Mario

7. Donkey Kong / Megaman / Kirby
Couldn't chose between one of them!

8. Metal Gear Solid

9. Street Fighter

10. Resident Evil / Castlevania

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom