• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Viral, I believe you are a townie.

Why?
And why did you refrain from voting for DekuShroom if you found her scummy in Day 2.
Also, who's on your list of scummies?

With 10 alive, and 3 scum, we got 2 days left to make a scum lynch or we lose (not counting doctor protections).

Doctor: Whoever you protected is 100% town, so don't forget that.

Well my last scum list is pretty much shot. I am pretty sure the three I was suspicious of are townies. The only person now who I find really suspicious is Illmatic. His back and forth with Viral seems suspicious, and his attitude towards him completely flipped from "yesterday" to "today". Another thing I found odd was Celeboy's last couple of posts. I am pretty certain that he is townie, but it was still odd. I am going to have to go back and re-read everything to see if there is something that I missed.

Vote: Illmatic

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well my last scum list is pretty much shot. I am pretty sure the three I was suspicious of are townies. The only person now who I find really suspicious is Illmatic. His back and forth with Viral seems suspicious, and his attitude towards him completely flipped from "yesterday" to "today". Another thing I found odd was Celeboy's last couple of posts. I am pretty certain that he is townie, but it was still odd. I am going to have to go back and re-read everything to see if there is something that I missed.

Vote: Illmatic

I'm not too sure about this. He was in fact defending DekuShroom at one point, then he flip flopped about with suspicions but DS still came out as a townie. I stilll think illmatic is very suspicious, though. But he doesn't quite get my vote yet.

FoS: illmatic

The only person now who I find really suspicious is Illmatic. His back and forth with Viral seems suspicious, and his attitude towards him completely flipped from "yesterday" to "today".

I'm not too sure about this. He was in fact defending DekuShroom at one point, then he flip flopped about with suspicions but DS still came out as a townie.

Why?
And why did you refrain from voting for DekuShroom if you found her scummy in Day 2.
Also, who's on your list of scummies?

Well, I didn't vote Deku because I was suspicious of you, after this post of yours and the way you wanted me to vote for Deku too without posting evidence.
Towards the end of the day I knew there was a chance that Deku could flip scum, so I didn't want to seem to have defended her, because you guys would go after me next if she flipped scum.
I have reason to believe you are town now.

As fas as my suspicions:

That leaves us with 4 players, and 3 scum alive:
Deku Shroom
Illmatic
Gonzo
MikauIncarnate

According to your list, the only people not confirmed townie are me, Gonzo and Mikau. I know I'm town, so even if Gonzo and Mikau are scum, that leaves one other person from your "town" list as scum, since there are 3 scum left. That's why I don't think we can rely on your list of confirmed townies based on color/wincon tests.
I do think Gonzo is the best lead at this point though. He's done a good job of blending in and playing it safe the entire game, while staying active. He's also still bringing up suspicion on Celeboy, who is most likely to be town out of everyone left. Mikau posted his "scum journal" here, so I'm leaning towards town with him, unless he is very creative scum.
FoS: Gonzo

(in b4 accusing your accuser, etc.)

With 10 alive, and 3 scum, we got 2 days left to make a scum lynch or we lose (not counting doctor protections).

Also, don't forget the third party is still out there. We might have to kill the third party too for a townie victory. Unless the third party is a survivor and wins with the town.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
that leaves one other person from your "town" list as scum, since there are 3 scum left. That's why I don't think we can rely on your list of confirmed townies based on color/wincon tests.
I do think Gonzo is the best lead at this point though. He's done a good job of blending in and playing it safe the entire game, while staying active. He's also still bringing up suspicion on Celeboy, who is most likely to be town out of everyone left. Mikau posted his "scum journal" here, so I'm leaning towards town with him, unless he is very creative scum.
FoS: Gonzo

Also, don't forget the third party is still out there. We might have to kill the third party too for a townie victory. Unless the third party is a survivor and wins with the town.
I agree with you to an extent.
Celeboy really is the only person on my town list. Everyone else is just 'leaning town', although some more than others, but I'm willing to go over that again and lynch one of them if something scummy happens.
I feel the same way about Mikau, and Gonzo, although I need to go over more of Gonzo's posts.

As for the 3rd party, we obviously do not have a cult, or SK. It could be a survivor or lyncher (that seems doubtful right now), in which case we don't need them dead to win (meaning they should help the town).
If there is a survivor, you might as well claim now. Survivors are nightkill immune, so you don't have to worry about Mafia, or us lynching you (when you do claim).

If there is a survivor, you might as well claim now. Survivors are nightkill immune, so you don't have to worry about Mafia, or us lynching you (when you do claim).
kk. I'm the survivor. I'm Gossack. I'm too frightened to help and I just want all of this to end now. I win when either the town stands triumphant or when the mafia is victorious.

And here's a link to Gossack from ZeldaWiki: http://zeldawiki.org/Gossack

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Rawr! Let's lynch him!

Jokes... :)

If there is another player with a 3rd party role, say so now.
If not, Pockey is 100% not mafia, which is good enough for me. The only ****ty thing is that Mafia can effectively cross you off their list of potential nightkills, but since we're getting closer to the endgame, you claiming is good for the town.

Meaning:
PocketAsian, Meego, TheGreen and Celeboy are good. Green Goron is up there too, but I feel shaky on it.

That leaves: Mikau, Gonzo, Illmatic, THP

If anyone can come up with reasons to incriminate some of the players, feel free to speak up.

Also, Illmatic, did you softclaim at all?

EBDP:
I take back what I said before that who ever the doctor protected is 100%.
Mafia could have gone for Pocket last night...

Last edited:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
kk. I'm the survivor. I'm Gossack. I'm too frightened to help and I just want all of this to end now. I win when either the town stands triumphant or when the mafia is victorious.

And here's a link to Gossack from ZeldaWiki: http://zeldawiki.org/Gossack

Pass. Totally a true claim. This is turning out well, we appear to be figuring out the townies in this game, but we need some more posts. I think we need to establish whether illmatic is going to claim or not because I am swaying towards him possibly being mafia. The others are more inactive so I think they need to stop lurking too.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
If not, Pockey is 100% not mafia, which is good enough for me. The only ****ty thing is that Mafia can effectively cross you off their list of potential nightkills, but since we're getting closer to the endgame, you claiming is good for the town.

Meaning:
PocketAsian, Meego, TheGreen and Celeboy are good. Green Goron is up there too, but I feel shaky on it.

Is this your townie/not mafia list? It's not entirely clear. And, have I unvoted Poky yet? If not: unvote: PocketAsian

Also, Illmatic, did you softclaim at all?

What's a softclaim?

If anyone can come up with reasons to incriminate some of the players, feel free to speak up.

Well I'm obviously not going to give you reasons to incriminate myself, so I'll just look at the other three. Actually, I'm just going to look at Gonzo right now because I'm about to eat lunch.

Being where we are at on day one, there is not enough evidence to be pointing fingers yet, so for now...

Vote: No Lynch

Being day one, this is a pretty good lead.

Unvote
Vote: Toboe

They're structured very similarly and they're barely a page apart. It seems like maybe these were just posts to avoid modkill. Now look at this, directed towards Elfen.

Wait.... so you are saying we should wait until the end of the game to random vote when there are fewer townies and more mafia? That sounds like a plan for a mis lynch to me.

FOS: Elfen

How does that make any sense? Are you saying that you need to be more careful with your votes when there are less townies that could possible be lynched?This strange post was directed towards this post:

Well IMHO I think RVS is TO risky in the beginning, due to the fact, you could easily Kill a innocent bystander, get people to talk, like most towns like to do is... GOSSIP so fellow townies and scum maybe if you are listing, has any one heard any Gossip??

Which is really similar to this post, the one that made him vote for Toboe:

I think we should wait a little longer before voting and NOT RVS because then the mafia will end up winning. So whoever wants to be more suspicious then I think you should RVS, and be lynched today or tomorrow.

What's so suspicious about this? Honestly, I really never understood the Toboe lynch in the first place. This, to me, looks like sound advice, and the last part is just a joke. Everybody jokes in their posts, why can't Toboe. And what's the difference between the two? They're both saying that we should wait to vote and that RVS is bad.

That's all I have on Gonzo, because after day one he sort of disappeared into the background and just went based off what others said. I have to go right now, so I'll hold off on my vote til I get a chance to examine the other two.

Not too sure if Pocket Asian roleclaiming was the best idea, since it gives the mafia one less target, and they are likely trying to find the doctor. But I guess Viral is right since there are so few players left it helps us more.

And no, I haven't claimed, unless you are talking about the one letter I copy-pasted.

EBDP:

Looking at the description of the night scene, I'm pretty sure the doctor was involved

I think we need to establish whether illmatic is going to claim or not because I am swaying towards him possibly being mafia.

I know I probably appear scummy after yesterday, but I assure you I am town. I am not going to claim yet but I will if I feel I have to. For now you will have to take my word for it.

Here is my full list of suspicions, in order of likely to be town to likely to be mafia:

Celeboy - Linda, Vanilla Townie - 99% town because of name claim and correct color
green goron - Got the wincon correct word for word
Viral Maze - has been acting like a townie all game
Pocket Asian - Gossack, Survivor - Voted for Raindrop

MikauIncarnate - Has been acting like a townie and posted his mafia log. Very likely to be town
TheGreen - sort of got the wincon. Could have made a vague guess based on his mafia wincon. Not 100% sure he is town.
Meego7 - Lenzo, Vanilla Townie - no one has counter-claimed, and she knew the correct color, but Celeboy had already posted the correct color and Raindrop had the wrong color, so she could have figured it out.
TreeHuggerPanda - Voted for Raindrop. Possibility of bussing
Gonzo - I still think he is most likely to be scum

After going through his posts, this is what I've got:

Gonzo said:
Being where we are at on day one, there is not enough evidence to be pointing fingers yet, so for now...

Vote: No Lynch

Voting No Lynch on Day 1. I'm surprised no one noticed this at the time. There was nothing going on but RVS at the time. Then he bandwagon voted on Toboe soon after this.

Gonzo said:
Right now there are a couple of people who I am suspicious of, however neither suspicion is strong enough to place a vote. One of which is Green Goron, and that's because he states there IS a SK for a third party role. However it could be because he is an experienced player and all of the other games he played there was a SK or poisoner role.

Gonzo said:
You could be right with it being a vigilante or SK, but we probably shouldn't throw mafia out as a possibility.

This somewhat contradicts itself

Gonzo said:
There are a couple people who I am suspicious of. Caeda seems suspicious, and has not posted in a couple of days now after being accused by a few different people. Zelda_8 explained that she used that tactic before to get out of being lynched when she was mafia in a previous game. Also Elfen is still someone that I am concerned about. I believe that both are mafia, but right now I have greater suspicion against Elfen.

Fos: Caeda

Vote: Elfen

He also bandwagoned on Caeda on Day 2, and went after Elfen many times.

It's not much evidence, but like I said earlier, he's done a good job of blending in and not getting anyones attention. That, combined with the above posts gives me a scum feeling about him.

With three scum left our chances are pretty high of finding scum, and I feel pretty good about voting Gonzo.
Vote: Gonzo

green goron

Best of the Gorons

Mikau is leaning towards town to me. THP makes some good posts but sometimes they don't really have any meaning. Illmatic has had a change in behavior once she became suspicious and Gonzo voted no lynch early on then switched over to Toboe. He voted for Elfen both day2 and day3 which made him look persistent for the lynch. He didn't vote day4 and day 5 voted for illmatic.

IGMEOY:illmatic and Gonzo

EBDP:

The Killer Bee's made their way to their target's house. However it appeared someone had been following them. They did their deed and left. The doctor went fast to work preparing a red chu chu juice and managed to save their target. The Townies woke, and realized that all of them had survived the night.

From reading that you can see that the doctor in fact did save someone. Whoever the doctor saved is 100%townie.

Tally:
Illmatic - 1 (Gonzo)
Gonzo - 1 (Illmatic)

Yet to vote: Pocket Asian, Meego7, green goron, TreeHuggerPanda, Viral Maze, TheGreen, MikauIncarnate, Celeboy

With 10 alive it takes 6 for a majority lynch.

After going through his posts, this is what I've got:

Voting No Lynch on Day 1. I'm surprised no one noticed this at the time. There was nothing going on but RVS at the time. Then he bandwagon voted on Toboe soon after this.

He also bandwagoned on Caeda on Day 2, and went after Elfen many times.

It's not much evidence, but like I said earlier, he's done a good job of blending in and not getting anyones attention. That, combined with the above posts gives me a scum feeling about him.

With three scum left our chances are pretty high of finding scum, and I feel pretty good about voting Gonzo.
Vote: Gonzo

The reason why I voted no lynch at first on day one was because this is my first mafia game, and at the time I wasn't suspicious of anyone so I didn't want to lynch with out any evidence. After I made the post I learned that it is not a good move to make because it appears scummy. So that's when I changed my vote. As far as voting against Toboe, I didn't bandwagon on him, I was the second one to vote for him, right after Viral. Then on day two I voted for Elfen, I never placed a vote against Caeda.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I think THP is about 65% town, because most of the time s/he is the one who prompts the role/name claim and she also voted for Raindrop14. The 35% that I am unsure about is the fact s/he could be bussing and her/his posts are sometimes meaningless.
Gonzo. Now, this is my first Mafia game aswell, but I RVS'd on day one (coicidently I voted for Raindrop14), so that is not really an excuse for No Lynch... IGMIOY: Gonzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom