• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bee Movie: Trial by Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Bread-crumbing fake trails of results is perfectly fine and all, but it should never be compulsory.

I, personally, have no interest in making fake results every day. If I have information that I think is worth sharing, I'll share it. If I don't, I won't.

Expecting other people to manufacture bread crumbs like that is unrealistic and sometimes counterproductive (scum can use the fake results to rule people out as actually possessing those abilities).

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I don't like your reaction to cop cover.

Either you don't understand what I'm saying, you're intentionally appearing to misunderstand what I say, or you're emboldened by gumball (who thinks I'm just an idiot, so their reaction is expected and disappointing) and are afraid of cop cover.

Rubik, experience shows that honestly never happens.

Stormageden747

Zofian General

Either you don't understand what I'm saying, you're intentionally appearing to misunderstand what I say, or you're emboldened by gumball (who thinks I'm just an idiot, so their reaction is expected and disappointing) and are afraid of cop cover.

Rubik, experience shows that honestly never happens.

After reading over your plan again, it makes sense, sorry for the misunderstanding. Though, now that you said the plan the Mafia now know it. So now the plan is useless!

Kirino

Tatakae
No. Pretty much in any circumstance.

How about your opinion?

Likewise.
let's not have another discussion about no lynching, because there's a correct answer and talking about it is mostly NAI and wifom
instead, let's talk about why Kirino would bring it up
Why do you all think kirino asked specifically about no lynching? I have a few thoughts myself, but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.

I was going to answer this, but I'm curious to see why you and others think I would.
That's the goal. we want the mafia to kill the townies, not the prs.
It's actually a really good plan, I'm guessing you've just never played a game with cop cover before.
If a cop dies without a red check and we don't know who their targets were, they might as well be vanilla townie.

Couldn't the Mafia use this to narrow down and nightkill the PRs by seeing who has the most correct information and who has false information, especially in the case of a tracker? Seems like an easy way to get our investigative PRs killed, honestly. I'd rather just take our chances.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon

i literally explained what i thought was a better plan. i didn't call you an idiot.
if, for example, fused proposed that plan i would have said "fused ily buddy but this is a terrible plan." it's not you. it's the plan. the plan sucks.

kirino posted while i was typing and he explained it best

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Thinking about it. What if he was hoping we would be stupid enough to go with that plan so he could narrow down the PRs and kill them? It's sort of a longshot, but it's a possibility.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Thinking about it. What if he was hoping we would be stupid enough to go with that plan so he could narrow down the PRs and kill them? It's sort of a longshot, but it's a possibility.
yeah you're right it's a real big stretch
People who have never played in a game with cop cover are telling me it's a bad idea
Ok
I'm done
you're going to quit because people don't agree with you?

buddy you have a very different playstyle than the rest of us, that much is very clear. i'm trying to give you a second chance this time around but i don't want to go through with your plan. if that upsets you then that's on you dude.

I kinda like the plan. *shrugs*
fused ily buddy but this is a terrible plan

Kirino

Tatakae
People who have never played in a game with cop cover are telling me it's a bad idea
Ok
I'm done

I'm not sure that you need to have experienced an idea directly to be able to criticize it on its merits. If the criticisms made of the idea are misguided or incorrect, then you should be able to explain why and make the case for it if you want it to be implemented. Otherwise, I hope you understand if I try to form my own opinion about it instead of simply trusting you.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I agree that the plan is terrible. There are much easier ways for someone to give info. If they don't want to out themselves they can easily be subtle about softing their info. Plus like Kirino said, mafia has more info than us and could use their knowledge to be able to possibly figure out who's lying.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Ok
I'm done

I've played mafia in a decent number of places and there are certainly a lot of people who aren't receptive to the idea of cop cover out there. If you can convince a good number of people to do it, it can be useful, but if you're in a situation where no one has faith in the idea of doing it, there's not much sense trying to force people into doing it.

I don't think it's an inherently good or bad strategy. There are merits to it and there are drawbacks. In a game where, as far as I can tell, there aren't any babyface roles for scum, confirming players as town is a lot more powerful that it would otherwise be, so I can see why you might be tempted to do it, but I don't think it's really going to end up being a deciding factor of the game or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom