• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Beat Link's Awakening DX

Downloaded off 3DS virtual console, I have to say that playing the first handheld Zelda was different for me. It's also the first handheld Zelda I've ever played, I'm not counting Ocarina of Time 3D. It's really cool for the first handheld, I like the characters present, it introduced me to the existence of a Japan exclusive game, which the character Prince Richard is from, and a bittersweet but still impressive ending. However, I died like a thousand times so I didn't get to see Marin become a seagull.

However, in terms of my favorites... it's barely in my top 5. 4th is Majora's Mask, 3rd is The Wind Waker, 2nd is Ocarina of Time... and the next is actually a tie, A Link to The Past and Twilight Princess. (I have to replay those one day to better sort it out)

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I bought Link's Awakening today on the e-shop.(it was $9, thanks Nintendo of Australia..)

I'm really enjoying it, but it is kinda hard to get used to after playing other handheld Zelda games, like Minish Cap. I'm in the middle of Level 3. So was it worth the money for you? It already has lived up to the price tag for me, and I'm nowhere near completing it ! :)

I had the original Gameboy.. I really wanted this game bad for it.. but never ended up being able to get it.. (I had to buy my own games as a kid.) It is nice to be able to play it.

Zleda

Toon Deity
I also have it on my 3DS, and I'm stuck in level 2... These kinda puzzles I'm just not used to. But I am happy I bought it, It's turned out to be really fun.

Level 2, huh? I'm not sure if it was used in that dungeon, but I know there are some places where
you open doors by throwing pots at them.
Once you get the dungeon's item, you should be able to do that just fine. The only other thing I can think of that might throw someone off is
having to use magic powder to light torches
and that doesn't need a dungeon item.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
Link's awakening was definitely my favorite Zelda. Lately, I've been on a 2-d fix and I think this game brought it on. Before I played link's awakening, I wasn't really into the 2-d games, but now I haven't played a 3-d game in a couple months. Wind waker and ocarina of time both spent time in my favorite game slot, but link's awakening isn't budging now.

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
Congrats, I just beat it this week myself. Personally I loved it. I grew up on that style of Zelda game with the oracles

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I bought Link's Awakening today on the e-shop.(it was $9, thanks Nintendo of Australia..)
Duh, we Europeans have to pay horrendous prices for software too, LA is €6 here which equals about $8.56 (something tells me the Americans only have to pay $6... I still don't get why nearly all software devolopers think that €1=$1 while in fact €1=$1,42, are they all using exchange rates from 2003?)
I don't have the game for 3DS yet but I've played it on GBC some years ago. And while I really enjoyed the gameplay and the atmosphere I never really got into that whole Marin story, it just somehow didn't touch me a lot.
But nevertheless it was a milestone for being the first handheld Zelda game and seeing how the same engine was still used 8 years later in the Oracle games, it really was ahead of its time. IMO it defined the way of handheld Zelda games being more on the "silly" side while the console games are reserved for the more "epic" stories, a concept which still works to this day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom