• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bayonetta

D

DinguePample

While I was at work a few days ago, this kid comes up to ask me what I thought of Bayonetta. I told him that I thought I'd like it very much, seeing as it had the main character as a girl, but that I hadn't played it, nor had I heard anything about it. It got me thinking...it looks like a good game, but is it really? Is it just because I'm a girl, and I like to see girls kick butt?

Has anyone played it all the way through? What did you think of it? Would you recommend it? Any critique about it?

Austin

Austin
Actually, it looks like a really good game. Also has a fairly high rating on IGN (9.5/10). One of the few games with a female main character that doesn't dress her as a total tramp. The graphics look really good and the game play looks better. If I had spare cash I probably would buy it.

D

DinguePample

Me too. I would steal my boyfriends 360, and play it! Though, I'm sure he'd get rather angry about that....

Thanks for the review. I really like games with great graphics, makes the experience that much better.

I don't yet have Bayonetta (I don't have a 360 or PS3... by the way, I hear the 360 version is significantly better). I have however heard a lot about it from reading Game Informer, and I also know of it's creator's previous work... games like Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry and Okami. Great games in other words.

I know the game plays a lot like Devil May Cry, which is good because DMC was a bad-*** action game. I've heard it's a little easier, but that's no real loss because DMC was insanely difficult, even for me (and I'm a pretty hardcore gamer). :sweat:

My only real concern with the game is the sexual content, as I don't really care to play hyper-sexual games. The creator himself said a central theme of the game is "sexiness". However, based on what I've seen in ads and trailers, as well as screenshots, it seems to be done in a much more stylish, artistic way, and doesn't seem to be very perverse. Game Informer described it as "overblown in such a comedic fashion that it never reaches the creepy voyeuristic qualities of games like Dead of Alive", which I have to say is an extremely relieving statement. I'm pretty much sold, but it definitely does need to be noted that it has a fair amount of sexual content, even if it's not terribly perverted.

But yeah. Bayonetta: ftw. One of the first games I'm going to get when I get an X-Box 360. :D

D

DinguePample

Wow. I think that settles that then! I'll buy the game for my boyfriend...but it will really be for me! I've played Dead or Alive, even cosplayed (poorly), As Ayane. But that was when I was younger, and didn't know there were really creepy creepers out there. I haven't played DMC, because I heard it was way hard...and I'm not really into that level of gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom