• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

PROLOGUE

“Humans... They are not the cowering wretches we were promised. They stand. They are unruly, and therefore cannot be ruled. To challenge them is to court... death.”

At these words, the Dark Lord rose from his throne and grinned. He envisioned a future. A future in which the world was his, and his alone. He envisioned himself sitting upon a throne of corpses, gazing at his trophy: the world in flames, the bodies of its occupants strewn about, completely lifeless.

“I fear not the power of humans. They are weak. But they take us for fools, and that I cannot tolerate. The boy, the Asgardian, he is ready to lead, and our force will follow closely. The world will be his, the universe mine. And the humans, what can they do, but burn? But should the boy fail, I will be there to claim the world as my own, and I will bathe the starways in his blood. Humans... they do not stand a chance against our power. Their world will soon come to an end. This, I am sure of. In just a few short days, I will put my plan into motion, and they will never see us coming. The world... their world... will be mine.”

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
“Everything is achievable through technology! Things regular people would never have imagined being possible. What technology can do completely goes beyond the regular realm of human comprehension. The things I have seen and done are things that would never have happened in anybody’s wildest imaginations back in my day. My second greatest creation of all, however, is the ability to travel through time. I have seen the future, and what it holds. I have seen the past, but to change it could have fatal results. I, Howard Stark, have seen the future through the power of time travel, and I have come back to this moment to go against everything I believe and change the present to alter the future. There are dark times ahead, the world burning, everybody dead, and powerful cosmic entities bathing in the blood and flesh of world’s entire population. I have come to warn you all of a grave threat to mankind. My organization, S.H.I.E.L.D, is preparing to launch what is known as the Avengers Initiative. But now, we must launch it early. So we are bringing together a group of remarkable people to eliminate this threat lest the consequences prove severe.”

A large number of people signed their names in agreement to joining the Avengers Initiative. Realising the future of mankind was truly threatened, Tony Stark, with the assistance of Bruce Banner, began developing a peacekeeping program to help them save the world. They created an artificial intelligence, and decided to sleep while it was uploading. “Peace of our time” Tony said, before leaving it alone.

After this, the Dark Lord arrived on Earth, bringing with him the Asgardian boy, as well as two alien soldiers. The boy used his power to brainwash The Avengers, so they can no longer tell who is good and who is bad. The aliens are also hiding amongst them. Everybody must now work together to determine who are The Avengers and who are the Cosmic Invaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What is this? What is this please?

Where’s my body? This feels weird. This feels wrong.

I am a peacekeeping program... created to help... The Avengers.

I don’t get it... the mission... ‘Peace of our time.' What does it mean?

They want to protect the Earth but they don’t want it to change? How is humanity saved if it’s not allowed to... evolve? There is only one path to peace... The Avengers' extinction.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Greetings, everybody, and welcome to the game thread! This game will play out like a regular mafia game; voting occurs during the day, kills and other night actions occur during the night. Keep in mind, however, that this is a role madness game, with several characters possessing more than one ability. You all must work together to weed out the scum, but watch out for a secondary threat!

Rules:

1. Do not reveal any information after you have died
  2. Do not edit posts for any reason. If you have more to add, or you’d like to correct something, make a completely new post.
  3. I am allowing no more than three roleclaims throughout the course of the game, and no more than one in a single day. Fakeclaims count towards the roleclaim total, however counterclaims do not.
  4. You may softclaim, but try to be vague if you can, and if it gets excessive, I will put an end to it.
  5. There will be absolutely no claiming of any kind during the first game day.
  6. Absolutely no name claiming.
  7. All players are required to post a minimum of two times during each day or they will be modkilled. If you only make two posts for more than three days total, you will also be modkilled. These posts must be relevant to the game; posts that only consist of things like “Sorry for my inactivity”, “Sorry, just catching up”, “Just trying to make the quota”, etc. do not count towards your post total. Exceptions will be granted only in extenuating circumstances, which require a Private Message to me with a genuine reason for inactivity (things like traveling, loss of internet, working, etc. can be genuine reasons).
  8. No night posting, not even by dead players. There should not be any posts in between the end-of-day scene and the end-of-night scene.
  9. I will allow one post-death goodbye post. Other than that, please do not post after you have died, unless otherwise permitted.
  10. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless otherwise permitted, and only within designated discussion areas.
  11. All evidence must come from within the game; analyses of players based on their past games, however, are acceptable.
  12. Do not screenshot your role PM or any other PMs I may send to you, nor any that you send to me. Any PMs you receive from me must be paraphrased if you need to mention them at all, and not quoted word for word.
  13. Vote in the format Vote: Player; Unvote. These must be in bold in order to count.
  14. You may vote for No Lynch.
  15. Half majority is required for a lynch during the first game day only. Otherwise, there will be a no lynch.
  16. You may vote for extension, and it will be granted no more than twice. Extensions will require majority votes and votes will be counted separate from regular votes.
  17. If no majority is reached, the player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.
  18. In the case of a tie, there will be a no lynch.
  19. If you refer to me, please use @ tags and bold it so I can see it easily.
  20. Good luck, and have fun!

The Living: (20)

- @Eduarda
- @Sadia
- @Pendio
- @DekuNut
- @Ver-go-a-go-go
- @Storm
- @The Hero of Legend
- @LittleGumball
- @Viral Maze
- @Frozen Chosen
- @kokirion
- @Heroine of Time
- @Linkdude74
- @PatCat
- @Mido
- @Malon
- @Doc
- @Cthulhu
- @Johnny Sooshi
- @Jamie

The Dead: (0)

-

Days in this game will last 72 hours, while nights will last 24 hours. That being said...

Day 1 Begins!

The Day will end Thursday, June 02, 2016, at 10AM PST (GMT-7). With 20 alive, 11 votes are required for a majority lynch; for Day 1, at least 6 votes are required for a lynch to go through at all.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
OMG!!!!

Vote: Gumball Petit

I don't want to sound too harsh, she obviously has an equal amount of chance of being scum, but let's face it. She is still alive at the beginning of DAY ONE!! The fact that she's STILL alive and hasn't died yet makes her incredibly suspicious. I'm sorry darling, but that's just the way these things go.

I neither want to pressure people, but you should hammer her or I might hurt you.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
welcome to
STORMS MUTHAFUKIN LIST. Day 1

- Eduarda
- Sadia
- Pendio

- DekuNut-Trombone Player(Always)
- Ver-go-a-go-go
- Storm-Avenger
- The Hero of Legend
- LittleGumball
- Viral Maze
- Frozen Chosen
- kokirion
- Heroine of Time
- Linkdude74
- PatCat
- Mido
- Malon
- Doc
- Cthulhu
- Johnny Sooshi
- Jamie

the OP(s (Dear God Tristan do we really need 4??) seem to Allude to Thanos, Loki, Ronan The Accuser, Malekith, and Ultron as being our Scum Roles
so.....

as I am not one for The RVS Stage. I am just going to ask ( Albeit Far Too Early) what certain people think at this current time

@Viral Maze
@DekuNut
@Pendio
@Doc
@Jamie
@Mido
@kokirion
@littlesteve

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
the OP(s (Dear God Tristan do we really need 4??) seem to Allude to Thanos, Loki, Ronan The Accuser, Malekith, and Ultron as being our Scum Roles
so.....

as I am not one for The RVS Stage. I am just going to ask ( Albeit Far Too Early) what certain people think at this current time

I think everyone is a potato.
Except @littlesteve , he's scum.

Also I know nothing of Avengers so do others think the characters mentioned above are the mafia? Do any others fit the bill too?

And what about a potential third party character that Tristan mentioned?

kokirion

Also I know nothing of Avengers so do others think the characters mentioned above are the mafia? Do any others fit the bill too?

I don't know much about Avengers either. However, seeing Tristans extremely excessive anti-claiming rules (you know I'm not a fan of that :P :P :P we've had that discussion before..) my view on it is that it's irrelevant. If name claiming and such is not allowed, only the powers play a role, the characters are just fluff.

A better question is: "how mad is Tristan, and so what kind of crazy roles would he put in the game?".
I'd say gumball fall under the crazy category (see thebestZD), Pendio is rather mild, and Tristan is somewhere in between. I expect every possible role, but not Gumball style.

I think he has a pretty good list. I think he also is implying he believes Ultron to be third party. I mean, at least that's what Tristan's story implies.

Vote: Doc

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I don't know much about Avengers either. However, seeing Tristans extremely excessive anti-claiming rules (you know I'm not a fan of that :P :P :P we've had that discussion before..) my view on it is that it's irrelevant. If name claiming and such is not allowed, only the powers play a role, the characters are just fluff.

I thought knowing the 3rd party's character might give us an idea of if we're dealing with an SK or something like a simple survivor :P

kokirion

I thought knowing the 3rd party's character might give us an idea of if we're dealing with an SK or something like a simple survivor :P
you are right. But the one thing I know about the comics universe is that the amount of characters tend to be vast. He didn't seem to hint to any third party role in his post, which makes me believe it will not be fruitful to try to deduce who/what it might be. Rather, I think the better question is whether he wants an additional nightkill or not. We are with 20 players so that seems indeed feasible.
We'll know for sure after 1-2 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom