• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Attempt to Be the Largest Thread in DGN History

Big Octo

=^)
I feel that it's being used in a more biased manner than it's original purpose. If you take the look at the rules for the page, all rep should be constructive. Reping somebody for dis/agreeing with them is down-right abuse. Further more, it seems to trick newcomers that people with more rep are automatically better than others, when in reality that's not true at all. I wish the system would at least go back to its roots.

Also, getting all choked up/over-excited about rep isn't right.

yep

I hated rep, but perhaps the rep system was a double edged sword, as many people (particularly newbies/noobies) felt threatened at the idea of losing rep, being de-repped, and/or being nega-repped. Now that rep has been disabled, the appearance of spam and troll posts might greatly increase, but this is not for certain...just sayin'...

I hated rep, but perhaps the rep system was a double edged sword, as many people (particularly newbies/noobies) felt threatened at the idea of losing rep, being de-repped, and/or being nega-repped. Now that rep has been disabled, the appearance of spam and troll posts might greatly increase, but this is not for certain...just sayin'...
I'm sure infractions will take care of trolls and spam like it always has.

I'm sure infractions will take care of trolls and spam like it always has.

Yes, but perhaps rep might have served to help PREVENT some of them from existing in the first place. Conversely, it may not have mattered to begin with, and truth firmly stands that it was nothing more than a popularity contest. Odd... I recall a similar thing happening at the KHI forums...

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
what's with the rep talk? At least my muffins came out good, and not with chunks of dough on it...

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I don't really care about rep, it's just something that you can have on a forum, most of the forums I'm on don't have rep, ranks instead like Akito (which is used at a Anime site I'm on and my rank)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom