• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Left Handed, Right Handed, or Ambidextrous?

Are you right handed, left handed, or ambidextrous?

• Right handed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left handed

• Ambidextrous.

• Total voters
I'd classify myself as ambidextrous. I was naturally a left-handed person in preschool, but then in kindergarten, we had a little poll in our class much like this one, and only two other people were lefties. I regret switching now, because lefties are awesome, but I thought it was odd how unbalanced it was. Through first grade, my handwriting was pretty awful. It improved, and I can now feel more dominance in my right hand compared to my left. I still can write with my left hand; it's just a little wobbly and blockish (like a kindergartener's handwriting, hence when I switched).

When I was involved in them in fourth and fifth grade, there were some sports that I still used my left hand for, though some used my right. Like, I swung both the baseball bat and golfclub with my left hand. But I serve the volleyball, and catch the baseball with my right.

Apparently, I had a great grandfather who also trained himself to be ambidextrous; but that was because in his time, left-handedness was associated with evil, so he was forced to write with his right hand.

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
I'm left handed, despite the best efforts of a Catholic School that does not allow that sort of thing growing up. But still remained left handed anyway from preschool up. I generally cannot do much complex or precision stuff with my right, which is normally the case for right handed people and their left hands. I supposed I probably should have tried to train myself to be ambidextrous but oh well. I have kinda trained myself to do things that naturally require a right hand no matter what. Like using a mouse, driving a car, etc.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'd be right-handed, because I do everything with it pretty much. Carry heavier groceries, vacuum, writing my name...things that require greater mobility. As a result my right shoulder is quite bulkier than its wiry (okay, thin) counterpart. I've just never thought of building up the upper left side of my torso. Howbeit, basketball helped sharpen my dexterity with both hands, and I'm equally as good at typing with my left hand than I am with my right. So, depending on the task, I can be ambidextrous, though it seems I'm always a bit more lacking on my left side.

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
I'm ambidextertoast! I do many things differently with either hand. For the sake of neatness, I'll organize it into a chart:

Right hand:
write
bat
arm-wrestle
brush hair/teeth
hold a fork
place kick a soccer ball
use a mouse
hold the Wiimote

Left hand:
throw
shoot a basketball
bowl
golf
cut with a knife
open bottle tops
punt a soccer ball
hold the Nunchuk

Those are just a few of the things I can come up with off the top of my head. It's pretty neat being left-handed as far as sports go. It's actually somewhat of an advantage in basketball, as most opposing teams don't expect to face many lefties. I actually had no problem playing Skyward Sword, as I always have held the Wiimote in my right hand. However, I would have preferred to swing the sword with my left hand, using the nunchuk. I realize that's not possible, but that would be the most comfortable situation for me. I was fine the way it was, though.

Byrne

Waterloo
I'm a strange person. I am genetically a leftie, but I write with my right hand. I clasify myself as Ambedextros.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I write and shoot basketballs with my right hand, I dribble soccer balls with my left foot, and I am ambidextrous in pretty much everything else.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I would be the latter. I can do many a thing with both hands. Only two members from my entire family are ambidextrous, I'm one of them.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm definitely right handed. I can easily do minuscule tasks such as opening doors with either hand but writing with my left hand is a disaster. I once tried to teach myself to be ambidextrous because I thought it would be cool but I gave up a few hours later.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Right handed.

If my left hand is involved then it's a two-handed task. Typing, for instance. I've lead a couple of horses with my left hand, I can honestly say that I was not comfortable with that fact.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Although when writing i'm right handed, while drawing I tend to be ambidexterous as I find it easier to draw certain things with my left hand and different things with my right hand. While typing, i'm ambidexterous, which is normal for most people, but there are those that only type with one hand, so considering them in the equation, i'd be an ambidexterous typist.

When writing with my left hand, alike most others, it turns out to be a scribbly mess of dragged ink and smudged pencil. I really feel for people who have very inky pens and end up dragging everything when they write, ruining the entire page D; (though I guess you'd find a way around that eventually).

I've done a lot of excercies that work on ambidexterousness in general tasks, and doing things with your other hand every so often is a great mental workout and provides a new outlook on things...sort of. :P But I advise people to try it. Practice writing with your left/right hand or something else until you can use them both equally. Though, I doubt i'll be able to be fully ambidexterous when writing. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom