• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Healthy?

4. This sort of goes along with question #1. This is optional but listing what you eat throughout a normal day would be cool to see.

Breakfast: I usually try to have something light but filling. Yeah, not much fits that description. I'm always hungry by lunch because I don't eat much for breakfast. I can never eat much for breakfast as I'm almost never hungry when I wake up. A typical breakfast of mine would be two slices of toast (minus the crust; I hate crust) with cream cheese and/or grape jelly and a glass of orange juice on the side. I LOVE ORANGE JUICE.

Lunch: Whatever they serve at school. If I don't get hot lunch at school, I'll just bring a sandwich from home. On weekends, I... don't think I usually eat lunch. I know I didn't eat lunch today. I wasn't hungry.

1. Crust is actually the most essential part of bread as it helps to build stronger teeth.

2. Never skip a meal. Sorry for being your fairy godmother lately. :rolleyes:

Being healthy really isn't a matter of how much exercise you have or what type of diet. I've never paid any consideration to health having probably a below average rating for all categories you've mentioned. But I can run faster than most and make 35 push ups before I need to stop for breath. I consider myself healthy.

I agree to an extent. It also depends on one's body composition. Some people are built to endure more than others.

Cultural legacy also comes into place. In Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers, the author brilliantly presents this case with the town of Roseto in Pennsylvania where people ate fatty foods and smoked regularly and yet had significantly smaller rates for heart disease than the rest of the nation. And it wasn't race either. Others from the original Italian village from which these immigrants had emigrated from did not show such exceptional health. It was the air of community and close relationships that kept cheeks rosy and the heart beating. Health is more complex than most believe.

MW7

My post what trying to put across the point that you don't need exercise and a (particularly) healthy diet to be considered healthy. Not that I don't believe in the beneficial effects of such. I could run much faster if I exercised I'm sure.

Oh ok gotcha, sorry.

Also diet and exercise have a lot to do with health besides fitness such as warding off chronic illnesses and boosting your immune system (although interestingly I've also heard that exercising too much can hurt your immune system).

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Heh, I think I'm going to laugh at myself as I write this. :P

1. No, not really. I mean, every day, I go out to my back yard and run along with a soccer ball for about a half hour to an hour. When I mean run, I really do mean run. I have a speedometer app, and I'm usually averaging between 6-8MPH (10-13 KPH). As for eating my food groups, I get my grains, dairy, meats, etc. every day. Now, is it in the best ways, nope, but, hey, I get my vitamins. :P

2. I'm happy with my body, even though I'm 110 lbs., and apparently, that's underweight for a kid that is 5'8". Trust me, I eat like a pig, but I've got that lucky metabolism.

3. I do care a bit as to what I eat. I make sure not to eat too many fatty/sugary foods, but I typically end up eating myself out of house and home.

4. Usually, for breakfast, I eat either a bowl of cereal or two medium-sized bagels with cream cheese, along with some sort of cranberry juice (i.e. cranberry, cranberry raspberry, etc.). For lunch, I usually make myself a sandwich (either PB&J or ham on white), some fruit snacks, a granola bar, a small bag of chips, and a box of yogurt-coated raisins. Now, dinner, that varies, so I can't really answer that.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
1. Do you make a consistent effort to get excercise and eat all of your food groups?
-I get most of my excercise from Marching Band. and marching isnt as easy as you think; differnt tempo's mean differnt speeds that you have to adjust to. You have to have control of your body to, thus working your abs. Also the horn you hold up during marching helps build muscle depending on what your carrying( like a trumpet, barritone, tube...ect)
--I also play in softball and track. the best sports out there;) In softball my position is Center Feild, and sometimes 2nd Base. i love me some softball. And in track im in the 400m relay, 800m relay, polevault, triple jump, long jump, 100m dash, and the 200m dash.....gosh thats alot:nod:. But im built to play sports.
---And no, i dont... its because im on a traveling softball team and eating on the road is hard to get the food i need. BUT, ill never turn down a plate of veggies, or fuit. Ill eat anything...

2. Are you underweight, average weight, overweight, or obeise? If you fall in any other category but average weight do you try to gain/loose weight?
- Im average weight, Being only 5ft tall and weigh 120, most people would only think i weigh 100. i allways try to lose weight because when i look in the mirror....i see imperfection. :\

3. Do you care about what you eat? Or do you just eat whatever taste good without actually thinking what you're putting into your body?
-I eat whatever looks good to me. if its veggies, ill eat it. If its fruit, ill eat it. any kind of meat? give it to me. (I do eat stuff in modertion .....sometimes lol) Thank you metabolism for keeping me skinny and yet eat whatever i want:)

4. This sort of goes along with question #1. This is optional but listing what you eat throughout a normal day would be cool to see
- For Breakfast i eat...
- Either toast with nutella, or cookies and milk, pancakes....always with a glass of milk.
~ For lunch i eat...
~ What ever the school serves that day:( which is usally chicken with a veggie, and fruit. WITH A SNICKERS ICECREAM BAR! <-- they make me happy:D
~ Snack time when i get home...
~ i eat nutella on toast for a snack, or pizza.
- Dinner...
- Potatoes, Steak, Rolls, Tea, and green beans. i love being a texan:) lol.

So yeah thats my eating routine throught the day:p

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
1. Do you make a consistent effort to get exercise and eat all of your food groups?
Simple answer, no. I don't go out of my way to exercise, if i'm not down a stable yard and actually doing something then i'm sitting around all day at home.
As for food? Ha. I doubt that I actually eat anything from one of the food groups, let alone all of them.

2. Are you underweight, average weight, overweight, or obeise? If you fall in any other category but average weight do you try to gain/loose weight?
Underweight. I've always been on the lighter end of the 'average' but recently my thyroid became overactive. Due to that I lost a fair amount of weight. Still trying to balance out my diet with my medication to keep a consistent weight.

3. Do you care about what you eat? Or do you just eat whatever taste good without actually thinking what you're putting into your body?
I don't like eating. I'm not a fan of food. I eat simply because I get into arguments if I skip out on meals. I eat what I like, simple as.

4. This sort of goes along with question #1. This is optional but listing what you eat throughout a normal day would be cool to see.
Chocolate. Crisps. Bread. Pasta.
Depending on whether i'm at home or not depends on how much I actually eat. I eat more if i'm at home, if I go down the yard then I have one piece of chocolate and the pasta.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
1. Do you make a consistent effort to get excersize and eat all of your food groups?
Yup and yup. I train everyday, from cardio 3 times a week, ranging from endurance, to HIIT, and weight train 5 days a week.
I make an effort to eat all my food groups, but I skimp out on fruits often. Get enough of everything else, though.

Average weight. 5'11", 157lbs at about 11% bodyfat. Even though I'm average weight, I'm still trying to lose my remaining fat and get my body fat down to 8% or so while keeping muscle. Slow process.

Definitely care. I make a constant effort every day to eat 5 meals a day of healthy foods, eating every 2.5-3 hours. I don't exactly count calories, but I am conscious about approximately how many calories I need a day, how much I am getting, and what times in the day to eat the bulk of them. I have a cheat meal about once or twice a month. Last cheat meal was a massive burger, slathered in BBQ sauce, with a side of fries, two brownies+icecream for dessert and a pitcher of beer. When I cheat... I cheat hard...

Meal 1: Bowl of cereal with skim milk, and a cup of green tea

Meal 2: Usually french toast (2 slices) with some turkey bacon with some milk

Meal 3: Steel cut oats, or chicken wrap + a protein shake

Meal 4: Chicken breast/fish + rice/pasta + veggies

Meal 5: 5 scrambled egg whites + mixed veggies/salsa

Before bed: A scoop of peanut butter and a couple scoop of cottage cheese

Those are the staples, but I change it around every now and then and make new things so I don't get bored of any of it. Since I started eating healthier 3 months ago, I've lost almost 10 pounds of pure fat, gotten stronger in all my lifts, gotten faster, and feel amazing every damn day.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
1. Me? Excersize? Pppshh, no! I mean, I walk around my neighborhood every once in a while when my friend Jakob comes over and we feel like being annoying in public, but that's really it. I know, I'm a pathetic moron. :P

2. I'm average weight, but that's judging by height and not age. I'm really small compaired to all of my friends, except for one, but he's a year younger and small like me for his age. Losing weight would be unhealthy, and gaining weight is basically impossible. I'd die first if I tried to gain any weight.

3. I basically just eat whatever the heck I feel like eating, to be honest. If I actually cared a good deal about nutritional value, I'd eat entirely differently. Basically, I'd be really fat if I ate this way later in life. I'm only 14, so… yeahs.

1. Do you make a consistent effort to get excersize and eat all of your food groups?

Simple answer, no. I've never been athletic nor have I ever felt like excersizing.

I'd say that I'm about average. I'm about 5 foot 5 inches, and I weigh 119 lbs.

I've never cared about what I ate. My diet mainly consists of pizza anyways.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax

My work is my exercise. I'm constantly lifting, running, pushing, and jumping close to 7 hours a day 5 days a week. As for the food groups, I may get one - two servings of each per day, but that's if I feel like eating :/

I am slightly overweight. For my height I should be about 170, and to reach that goal I need to shed a few pounds.

It depends on what mood I'm in. There's some days where I'll eat good all day - oatmeal for breakfast with juice, salad for lunch, fruit for a snack and another salad with some sort of protein for dinner. Then there's those days where I just really don't give a care and will chow down on whatever sounds good.

Morning: if I have time, I'll have a bowl of oatmeal/cream of wheat/cold cereal. If I'm in a rush, I'll either skip it or get a bagel.
Lunch: this varies day to day. Some days I won't be hungry, others I could eat a whole buffet, and then about once a week I'll have something small.
Dinner: same issue with lunch, except around dinner time I'm usually sleeping.

I always excersize. I'm always busy doing something whether it be sports, running, or my jobs. I do eat most of my food groups, but I don't keep a consistancy of doing it. I don't ever drink mink, or orange juice so I feel pretty weak in the bones like that.

2. Are you underweight, average weight, overweight, or obeise? If you fall in any other category but average weight do you try to gain/lose weight?
I'm probably underweight. I'm suppose to be at a weight of 150 pounds but I'm only 112 (maybe a little more, or less but around 110 pounds) I try very hard to gain weight but I never do. The only time when I "lose weight" is when I'm dreadfully sick. I always vomit, and never eat so I pretty much shred pounds away. Its really sad to be honest.

I sometimes do, and sometimes don't. Most days I don't eat till I am starving cause I am too busy or doing something to actually eat so I get a tendency to "forget" to eat something. I do eat small things throughout the day to satisfy myself but otherwise I don't eat. I love eating fruits and veggies. But I don't really eat anything that is greesy because it is just very unhealthy.

Morning: Nothing.
Lunch: probably nothing, but if I get the chance to, I eat a salad or apples.
Dinner: I make pasta and I eat a bagel or whatever. Most of the time I don't eat dinner, and when I get hungry, I eat fruit. Otherwise you'll see me sleeping my day away without eating.

M. Bulteau

Composer
1. Do you make a consistent effort to get exercise and eat all of your food groups?

Nope. I hate sports and I am too stupidly picky regarding what I eat to let "what's good for me" matter unless I feel like I'm dying. By then it will probably be too late.

2. Are you underweight, average weight, overweight, or obese? If you fall in any other category but average weight do you try to gain/loose weight?

I am 5'8'' (1m75) and I weigh 110lbs (50kg). This would be underweight if my metabolism wasn't freakishly fast. Also, 88 bpm AVERAGE. Every doctor who has seen me only says that I should gather some more muscular mass in the upper body above the abs, but that otherwise my weight and height match my metabolism.

What tastes good, goes in. What tastes good but ends up making me feel bad goes in in smaller doses. What tastes good and ends up making me feel bad even in smaller doses earns a death glare and, depending on the circumstances, goes in if the frame of mind is "**** it."

Breakfast:

Corn flakes with sugar. Milk on the side on a cup to be drunk afterwards. I VERY RARELY have anything else, but if I do it can be toast, REALLY CRUNCHY ALMOST BURNT TOAST, or a 3-minute egg.

Lunch:

Whatever there is to eat that I like. What I like is both simple and complex. It's simpler if I state what I don't like:

- DEATH TO CHEESE!
- Vegetables of any kind that aren't lettuce, raw carrot, raw cabbage, or an awesome rubbery Chinese algae I LOVE. Broccoli can happen in occasions where there's nothing else, and I usually don't eat the trunk.
- Bread (toast is an exception)
- Red fish meat (salmon, etc.)
- Mixtures of most kinds (from sandwiches to pizzas, to lasagna, to complex stews, to most soups, etc). What comes to mind as the rare mixtures I like are any kind of meat with cream and mushrooms, and chicken soup (WITH GIBLETS OH GOD YES)
- Any fruit but blackberries, raspberries, cherries, strawberries, grapes somewhat, apples, bananas, tangerines and coconut.
- Cakes or home-made sweets of any kind. I have a strange taste for industrial stuff, so I like those homogeneous chocolate bars instead of home-made cookies, cakes, mousse, etc. I even have a taste for some medicines or cough syrups.

There's probably more, but I can't remember right now.
If I wake up late, I end up skipping it by eating breakfast instead. I don't like hot food right after waking up.

Dinner:

Same as lunch.

Honestly, I'm not very healthy.
I'm really skinny, I don't eat healthy, and when I'm with my girlfriend, we tend to smoke together.

Not at all. :P
I get most of my exercise from doing dumb stuff with friends, and playing various gigs with my band.
Which is pretty demanding physically, so I guess I'm somewhat healthy. ^^
And as for food, I don't eat like a pig, but I pretty much eat whatever.
Although, I tend not to snack, so.

I'm somewhat underweight.
Not crazy underweight, but, you know.

I don't care about what I eat, but at the same time, I don't eat just to eat.
I don't really like food actually.
I only ever eat when I'm hungry.

Breakfast:
Cereal, or eggs and toast are about it.

Lunch:
I don't eat lunch too often.

Dinner:
Anything homemade, pretty much.

I'm under weight only by like 5 pounds.I try to stay healthy, you know why not?I eat whatever because I can eat anything and not gain weight ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom