• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you a note taker?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Some people really like to take notes to remember stuff later, especially when studying in class.

For me though I very seldom take notes and made it through five years of university without writing notes for my classes. I always found it much easier to just review slides and more other resources rather than taking the time to write notes of the stuff I have already seen.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think I only really took notes in AP Euro/US History in high school because we were required to. And it was kind of needed, because our teacher just had a PowerPoint with very general topics written on the slides, and he just talked about the rest. And his talking was the only thing we had to reference really so it was important to write the key points. Tbh, I wish I could have taken those classes without having to worry about assignments/tests because I feel like I would have learned a lot more. The teacher was fantastic and I loved him, but taking notes actually made me grasp less because I was so focused on getting them down rather than actually taking everything in.

Other than that I'm not a huge note taker. I will make notes to remind me of some things. And my sister and I have been playing through a Hunt a Killer box set our brother gifted us for Christmas and I took some notes during that. But overall I did find in school without taking much notes.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I like making notes as theu help me remember and I'm a reader learner rather than am audio lesrner and i can get someone to check im right...

In the classroom, I didn't take many notes where it wasn't required, because I just naturally retained most of what they were teaching me. I didn't have to study for tests so the notes wouldn't have done anything apart from me initially writing them. But I like keeping notes now for just other things from reminders to to-do lists to things I find thought-provoking. It kinda accompanies my quirk of thinking aloud, and when I'm not thinking aloud, I like writing stuff down.

Ironically though, I could never keep a journal/diary. :shrug:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I don't take notes unless the teacher gives us time to. Otherwise I'll start writing, meanwhile not listening to what the instructor is saying, and then forget what I was writing halfway through. I retain stuff better if I just sit down and pay attention.

Skunk

Floof
For school, I take notes mainly so I don't have to go over the material again later. A few people said that writing it down helps them know it then without looking back at their notes, and that's usually how it is for me. Outside that, I'll take notes if I need to remember something or if there's something I'm trying to figure out/plan.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom