• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are People in ZD Your Friends?

Well?

• Yes, I consider them the same as my real friends

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Yes, but they aren't the same as real friends

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No, I don't consider people on the internet my friends

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No, I hate the people in ZD

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I just use ZD for my Boytoys and Sugar Mamas

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Yep I like/am friends with/wanna be friends with most of the members.

What madness springs from thine mouth? Bungie was never this horribly corrupt.

bungie a ****

Quality banter community ayy

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have a couple of ZD-friends, some that I keep in touch with more than others, but those I have direct interaction with through more ways than just ZD, they I consider friends.

Misty

Ronin
Right, I answered that I don't see people on the internet as my friends, mostly to be contrary and somewhat because it looked so lonely there. (My heart bled for it.)

Yes, some people on Zelda Dungeon are my friends the same as my real life friends. I would note a very important difference in that I feel less able to physically rely on them and often worry in a paranoid fashion that they don't really care for me and that if I were dead or in a hospital they wouldn't miss me for a second. (Although, to be fair, I worry about the latter with real life friends...just somewhat less.)

The lack of physical relationship just makes it rather different, I suppose it means more time for chatting about important topics, which I don't do so much with my real life friends because trying to chat about philosophy while bowling or shopping for fish is just a bit out of place. (I mean, I've done it, but it's really difficult to maintain the necessary eye contact while googly eyed staring at a french flag pattern beta fish.)

Brian Frost

JPEG DEATH
Well, of course, not everybody on ZD is somebody I consider my friend, but there are some people on this forum and who work for staff who I have spoken to/still speak to on a more regular basis then some of my IRL friends.I care about their well-being and know well that they care about mine. Similarly our presences are mutually enjoyed. This is friendship of course. That said, I would say that only applies to a few people on this forum.
It at one time included the @DARK MASTER , until I discovered his true identity: The hated man known as Charles Manson. It similarly included @Misty , a person I have met several times in real life, until I learned she was quite literally Adolf Hitler.

Misty

Ronin
Well, of course, not everybody on ZD is somebody I consider my friend, but there are some people on this forum and who work for staff who I have spoken to/still speak to on a more regular basis then some of my IRL friends.I care about their well-being and know well that they care about mine. Similarly our presences are mutually enjoyed. This is friendship of course. That said, I would say that only applies to a few people on this forum.
It at one time included the @DARK MASTER , until I discovered his true identity: The hated man known as Charles Manson. It similarly included @Misty , a person I have met several times in real life, until I learned she was quite literally Adolf Hitler.

I thought you said you could look past that and see how wonderful and kind I am on the inside....I guess working things out fell through. Unrelated: I have an all-expenses paid shower I'm gifting you.

Nah, not that I wouldn't be willing IRL but I don't classify online relationships the same nor do I prefer them in any respects. I've been friends with some people online for 15 years + but its still just not the same to me.

Reactions: Dan
Not really. Though the negatory choices aren't particularly adequate here. I can't rightly say that I hate them (beyond one or two), but simply saying "i don't consider people on the internet my friends" implies that the reason I don't consider them friends is simply a result of knowing them online. That doesn't stop me. I just don't feel particularly attached to anyone here, for a variety of reasons, just as I doubt any of them feel particularly attached to me.

Reactions: Dan

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I do really like a few individuals here, but the majority of forum dwellers I consider to be more of treasured acquaintances than friends. Its just very different speaking to and interacting with people on a forum than in real life as it can be hard to really get to know them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom