• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Like Opera or Classical Music?

Writer4God

GeekChic
I had the chance to see a new opera last week here in San Diego called Moby "D" that was based off of the Herman Melville novel of the same name. Needless to say, it was awesome and, for the first time I've seen in an opera, it had strobe lights. It took some liberties with the book but stayed true to the themes of said book. Due to the language filter, Moby the whale's last name is indicated by "D."

I kinda started getting in the habit of seeing operas (in person and on DVD) after I saw Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro about five years ago (saw Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte in high school).

I will be seeing The Barber of Seville by Gioacchino Rossini next month in April with my mom.

So far, I've seen (in person and on DVD and in no particular order):

*Cosi Fan Tutte
*The Marriage of Figaro
*Carmen
*Tosca
*Turandot
*Tannhauser
*La Traviata
*Eugene Onegin
*Il Trovatore
*Aida
*Cavalleria Rusticana
*Pagliacci
*Moby "D"

Hopefully, I'll be able to see some stuff from The Met, as they sometimes broadcast their operas in movie theaters.

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm not big on Opera, but I enjoy listening to classical music. My favorties are:

Ludwig van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Johann Sebastian Bach
Johannes Brahms
Frederic Chopin

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I haven't watched any opera in a while, but I do recall liking it somewhat back when I was in college. I had a Musical Appreciation class I was taking and opera was one of those subjects that we covered. We watched a couple of operas and of those I watched they were pretty good. Sadly though, I can't remember what those particular ones were. :<

Now as far as classical music goes, yeah, I like a good bit of them. I like a few of Beethoven's music as well as some of Bach's. I cannot remember which compositions of theirs it was that I liked as, just like with opera, I haven't listened to them in a while.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into listening to them both soon, but I've been quite busy as of late and have been unable to do so.

M. Bulteau

Composer
I'm making a Majora's Mask opera. ^_^

And yes, I like classical music. The list of composers I listen to is rather big, but my favourites off the top of my head are Berlioz, Beethoven, Rossini, Offenbach, Prokofiev, Poulenc, Palestrina, Lully, Charpentier, etc.

I've heard tons of operas (Benvenuto Cellini, The Trojans, Beatrice and Benedict, The Damnation of Faust, Orpheus in the Underworld, The Barber of Seville, etc.) and seen a few, both in person and in DVD (The Bat, La Belle Hélene, La Bohème, Carmen, etc.).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't really listen to classical music at will, but when it's on I don't mind it. It's quite relaxing and peaceful. The only classical piece I do really enjoy is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Mainly because I first heard it in Resident Evil. It really fits the series well.

[video=youtube_share;nim93oNT-xA]http://youtu.be/nim93oNT-xA[/video]

I could care less for Opera music though.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Classical music is one of my favorites and I enjoy playing it too!
Beethoven
Mozart
Bach
Chopin
Other orchestra: Zelda symphony, Mario galaxy symphony
I play a lot of chopin and beethoven, as well as assorted others.

M. Bulteau

Composer
I don't really listen to classical music at will, but when it's on I don't mind it. It's quite relaxing and peaceful.

[video=youtube;H0CI8B1I6_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0CI8B1I6_U[/video]

07:15 until the end.

That sound peaceful to you? :P

I don't like opera (I do like Opera browser), and I wouldn't necessarily say that I like classical, but I love newer orchestral music.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
Y yes i love classical music! i play the violin and piano. PLus i go to a music school lol xD.

i had The Damnation Of Faust - Rakoczi March- by Berlioz the other day

In middle school the school choir got to perform an opera with The Royal London Opera Company and it was amazing, the music was so gorgeous I could have died. I love classical music and I regret not listening to it more often.

S

Sadlyzombiebait

Not as big on opera as I am on classical music. I find classical music kind of soothing. I find that a lot of the songs in Fantasia more my style, probably because my grandparents loved that, and I spent a lot of time with them. I do like Carmen, despite the fact that operas are not quite my cup of tea.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I don't really like opera that much, but I really love classical music. Bach, Beethoven, Motzart, etc were musical geniuses and I really enjoy their music. I like orchestral classical music (Western and Eastern), and I really enjoy classical guitar music (especially Spanish). I also like modern music in the classical style such as the work of Yo Yo Ma and Koji Kondo, and other videogame/movie classical-style compositions and composers; such as Howard Shore and his work for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom