• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Anyone else see this and feel like I do?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ebay-seller-microwaves-majora-s-mask-new-3ds-that-/1100-6425429/

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02...ved-for-art-2725803?lt_source=external,manual

These two articles are about a jerk who destroyed a Limited Edition Majora's Mask (now)3DS XL, "for art".
Many fans are enraged, upset, and I don't blame them. Apparently this Ebay User microwaves all sorts of technology and sells it as 'art'... That's all fine and dandy, but he really shouldn't ever touch video games. He's angered a whole community by doing this, including myself.

Now, I know some of the comments about it were "He bought it, so its his property to do what he wants with it", but that's not the issue. The issue here is that he DESTROYED a limited edition 3DS, that OTHERS could have used, and actually respected. Now there's one less working one for others.

To be honest, I'm appalled that anyone would ever destroy anything video-game related. It's defacing it, and saying "it's not worth your time, so I'm going to destroy it so nobody else can enjoy it"- that's one of the ways it comes off to me. But what upsets me the MOST about it, is the fact it's LIMITED. When something is rare, and people want it, it's just selfish to destroy it. If this guy doesn't respect Majora's Mask and doesn't care for it, he can sell it to others. There are others who want it. Don't just throw it away or deface it... I don't know- I just feel hurt by this. Not only on a gamer's level, but also because I could have owned that console. Or sam, or sue, or sally, or jim, or anyone else who would have loved to have had that beautiful 3DS. Now it's complete garbage, and that's quite disheartening.

So, my question is, anybody else here feel like I do about it?

(sorry if this should be under general gaming- I wasn't sure, so feel free to move it)

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
He's an idiot with too much money and time on his hands. However, I wouldn't take it personally. Maybe I'm not as much of a big gamer as others, but I really wouldn't get so overly offended by something some random jackass has done. It's not like he's microwaved a baby or has any personal impact on you in any way. No offense.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
As far as I am concerned it is his money, his property and he can do whatever the hell he wants to with it.

Taking offense to something someone chooses to do with their own things that belong to them and bring about no harm to others is absolutely ridiculous.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
It... does kinda bug me. I mean, a regular 3DS wouldn't have bugged me at all. Yeah I would've thought it was stupid, but someone can always get a 3DS. But this was Limited Edition, something only a few people will ever be able to get and something that so many more people want. To waste one of something with a finite amount to it, that seems selfish and really ignorant. Microwave something that's actually dispensible, dude! Not a rare, special item with a short supply and heavy demand!

Akuhime-sama

As far as I am concerned it is his money, his property and he can do whatever the hell he wants to with it.

Taking offense to something someone chooses to do with their own things that belong to them and bring about no harm to others is absolutely ridiculous.
This issue here is it actually does bring harm to others- The harm is, that now nobody else can have one. There's one less, and some are out of luck. Had he not done that, he could have sold it to someone who actually wanted it.

Though, this was before I knew Nintendo is planning to issue a second wave of them. Now that there will be plenty in stock again, I feel better.

And yes- as someone else above said- I wouldn't be as bothered by it, had it been a normal 3DS. The main issue is that it's Limited.

Also, MM is my favorite game so I'm inclined to shock. :sweat:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This issue here is it actually does bring harm to others- The harm is, that now nobody else can have one. There's one less, and some are out of luck. Had he not done that, he could have sold it to someone who actually wanted it.

Though, this was before I knew Nintendo is planning to issue a second wave of them. Now that there will be plenty in stock again, I feel better.

And yes- as someone else above said- I wouldn't be as bothered by it, had it been a normal 3DS. The main issue is that it's Limited.

Also, MM is my favorite game so I'm inclined to shock. :sweat:

It actually doesn't bring harm to others. Nobody NEEDS a limited edition 3DS. He has bought a product which became rightfully his to do with what he wanted and then he did something that brought him joy with it.

It is still a waste of your time to get offended by it when there are actual real world issues that plague society.

This annoys me a little. I don't think microwaving anything can be classified as "art", but that's just me. I mean, yes, he bought it, so he has the right to do what he wants with it. But still, I can't imagine why anyone would want to destroy a new electronic device like that, especially one that is considered limited. For all we know, the guy might be elaborately trolling Zelda fans, although he does apparently microwave tons of things for the sake of "art."

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
It is his money, and frankly, he can do whatever he wants, although yes, this does enrage me slightly.

Like, do it with a regular 3DS, make it look super cool, but this is limited. And with the much awaited new Majora's Mask?

Come on. A whole community of Zelda fans was waiting for this game, and taking something that they could've had and used and respected and literally destroying it? I'd say he needs to think things through before doing things.

But this guy is just another idiot with one too many dollars in his pocket.

All in all, yeah, it is his money, so I guess I mean, he has the complete right to do whatever the hell he wants.

Akuhime-sama

It actually doesn't bring harm to others. Nobody NEEDS a limited edition 3DS.
Well, nobody "NEEDS" a Car. Not to live- But say- there was only like- 5 cars in existence, and everyone wanted one.

Wouldn't it 'harm' those who wanted one and couldn't get one because one was destroyed and now there are only 4?

I'm sorry, but destroying something that is limited just because you can is quite a selfish act.
And I'd think it quite natural to get offended by that.
I mean, if you don't want it for what it is, give it to somebody THAT DOES. It's not that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom