• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Anyone else Notice These 'easter Eggs'?

G

Giraffesman3705

The room where you fight moldarach, when you finish, it sinks. there are a lot of tracks going in and out. I have not finished the game yet, so i do not know if that room serves any purpose, but if it doesn'tt server any perpose... Doesnt it look at all like the spirit tracks tower?

Another one is how the lanayru mining facility comes out of the ground, similar to the tower of the gods in wind waker, and the forest temple in majora's mask.

Another is how twice someone says 'its a secret to everybody'.

I bet you didnt notice that when you get a gold rupee the line is... "Shh.. dont tell!"

(according to my brother) Link looks like miyamoto in the cutscenes. anyone else notice this? i surely didn't.

The final easter egg I noticed, was one that is in plain sight. The sand ship. Oracle of Seasons! the sand ship!!

tell me what you guys think, and please, if you have any other easter eggs post them, as long as they are not passed the ancient cistern cause that's exactly where i am right now.

:D :)

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

I think link actually did look like miyamoto in some scenes, but I don't know any easter eggs myself because I'm waiting till christmas for the game :(.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Levias appears similar to the Wind Fish (and in a way, he is one).

In the Eldin Volcano dungeon (dungeon number 2 of all the ones in the game), the temple is styled after Indiana Jones' many exploits, from the general architecture of the Temple of Doom, to the classic run-from-the-boulder moment from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Chu Chus are defeated like Zols were in previous Legend of Zelda games.

The three instructors of the Knight Academy are Gaebora, Owlan, and Horwell. In order of doors, and using their names as a model, we get Horned Owl [Kaepora] Gaebora.

Horwell mentions that it is the 25th anniversary for their Knight Academy. It is also the 25th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda.

There are plenty of easter eggs to go around.

A

AkiraAra

You can go all around the game and find many items that are from other games. Such as quite a few of the secondary character's names.

Try this one on for size ;
When you meet Demise later in the game (and I mean WAY later), he states how he has a hatred for the gods. Given this hatred, combined with the fact that his hair is flaming, he struck me as a direct representation of the Greek God of the Underworld, Hades. Not sure if that's an easter egg, or my geek going into play.

Let's see.. If you're standing in the Lanayru Mining Facility area (with the 3 circles of paths around the center), you can look over to the triforce statue (and before I say this, it's just what I saw) and it looks quite a bit like the view toward the place with the Gate to the Twilight realm from Twilight Princess, if you're standing in the desert. I may be right, I may be wrong, but even so, the statue is the same, if I recall.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Not many additional things I can say besides the ones already posted here, but there are still some:
- At one point in the game, the Goddess Sword becomes the White Sword, maybe a reference to the original LoZ White Sword
- When I saw the second boss in a trailer about a month ago, I instantly knew how to defeat him (like Dodongo in OoT)
- A rather obvious similarity: The Silent Realm was similar to the Light Tears collection in TP: In both cases, you had to find 15 resp. 16 "things" spread throughout the overworld, all sections had to be done in all the provinces (in SS additionally in Skyloft), it was kind of a parallel world concept and the "light vessels" on the screen looked almost identical too.
- The Master Sword theme plays for the fifth time after aLttP, OoT, WW and TP.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Given this hatred, combined with the fact that his hair is flaming, he struck me as a direct representation of the Greek God of the Underworld, Hades. Not sure if that's an easter egg, or my geek going into play.

Interesting, although the flaming hair of Hades is only in Disney's depiction of the character and not traditional mythology. The other thing is that Groose is very similar to Disney's Gaston. Perhaps they could have used ideas from Disney.

I knew the Lanayru Mine boss room reminded me of something! I just couldn't place it! I'm not sure if this was intentional though. Since there is no way the Tower of Spirits could exist in this land. And I don't think Nintendo would emulate such a key area from a different game with no good reason.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The X-shaped scar in the center of Demise's head (see above siggy) is exactly where Ganondorf gets impaled in The Wind Waker.

The way you defeat Demise (no spoiling here) is a call-back to Twilight Princess.

Beedle's ship and bell, enough said.

Beedle himself, enough said.

The Knights' Uniforms are the Hero's Tunics from The Legend of Zelda, but only Link's is green (and this is rather obvious).

The Song of the Hero is the theme of the Legend of Zelda.

On the pillars leading to the Statue of the Goddess, the symbols for the Six Sages can be seen etched into them.

The Iron Sword received at the beginning of the game is the Ordon Sword.

The yellow, star-shaped fruit of trees in Faron can be seen as a shout-out to Kingdom Hearts fans, whose series has a mystical yellow star-shaped fruit which, when shared, binds people together forever.

The design on a wall in the starting area of Lanayru Mine has a Chocobo etched into it (a Final Fantasy Easter Egg has been in all Hyrule-based 3D games to date, etched into a wall somewhere, as thanks for the "Here Lies Link" of Elfheim).

The sailcloth is the first item you get after the Sword. Call back to Wind Waker, where the Sail is the first (useful) item you got after the sword.

When you face Demise, the background is identical to that of Twilight Princess's final battle stage, minus the golden barrier.

Circular Sword Beams, as seen in Majora's Mask.

The Kikwi look like recolored versions of Bulbasaur. If you don't know who Bulbasaur is, you do not deserve to be a Nintendo fan.

Faron looks like a large Zora with a longer neck.

Your Loftwing will learn a Sky Charge technique, which is a shout out to the famed "Do a barrel roll!" call.

I knew the Lanayru Mine boss room reminded me of something! I just couldn't place it! I'm not sure if this was intentional though. Since there is no way the Tower of Spirits could exist in this land. And I don't think Nintendo would emulate such a key area from a different game with no good reason.

I kinda thought they included Tower of Spirits to ease the disappointment of the Temple of Time basically being an incomplete structure. It makes sense because of the railway system used by the Lanyru Mining Facility.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
(Rytex, as soon as I read "Star-shaped" I immediately thought of the Paopu fruit xD)

Demise looks remarkably similar to Akuma from the Street Fighter series. Additionally, he has a somewhat resemblance to Ganondorf (TP).

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
There is at least one reference to every canonical Zelda game to date in this game.

LoZ - The Song of the Hero is the Zelda theme from this game; IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY is said by the Kikwi Hermit and a Parella.
AoL - The ability to jump (forward).
ALttP - 3 flames = 3 pennants
LA - The ChuChus are like the Zols from this game
OoT - Master Sword; 6 Sage symbols on the pillars leading up to the Statue of the Goddess; Boss fight in Earth Temple resembles the infamous battle with King Dodongo
MM - Save Statues; interactive NPC side-quests; hand in the toilet needing paper
OoS - Sandship.
OoA - (haven't played)
WW - Art-style; getting a cloth-type item early in the game; spoils/collectibles
FS - The "one-eye" theme
FSA - (haven't played)
MC - Talks about the sky in it's backstory
TP - Silent Realm = Twilight Realm; Visual effects/Art-style
PH - "stealth missions" similar to the Temple of the Ocean King
ST -Lanayru Mining Facility's Boss Room resembles the Spirit Tower

I wouldn't call some of these things easter eggs as much as I would call them recurring themes at this point. An easter egg is hidden and some of the things I've seen some people talk about are just things that have been coming from other games into the present game. The Master Sword isn't an easter egg for example but is a recurring theme, as are the sage symbols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom