• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing New Leaf Any Good?

it gets high ratings but just looking at it it seems kinda lame like it wouldn't be much fun. i'm thinking about giving it a chance and buying it. so how do you feel about it is it good or just some crappy little kid game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, it's hours upon hours of fantastic fun, you simply must get it, it's worth every penny!

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
As a huge fan of the series I'd have to say New Leaf is the best out of all of them. The mayor duties add some variety to the mechanics of Animal Crossing, and the island is a great feature for playing with friends and rakin' in that mad cash money with those beetles.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Animal Crossing games, or rather life simulation games in general, require a lot of time and effort put into it. If you're not willing to put enough of each into the game, you'll be bored with it within hours. If you are willing, however, then your investment proves to be very worthwhile. I've been a fan of the series for years, and I am proud to say New Leaf is a fantastic game. I've logged in over 100 hours into the game, and have put a lot of effort into maintaining my town. For me, the game was worth the price. For you, I'm not sure about. If you want to take the leap, then do so. Whether you'll be completely satisfied or not, I have no control over, but hopefully you'll fall in love with the game like most of us.

When I first got New Leaf, I had no idea what I would think of it. After a few hours of playing, though, I was addicted... at least for a couple of weeks. I still pick it up for at least a few minutes everyday, but that's all you really need unless you want to spend hours catching fish or beetles on the island.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
Animal crossing is no crappy kids game it just seems like that. Animal crossing is a life sim game which mean you have to put some time and effort into into it. It is an extremely addictive and fun game plus you can play with your 3ds friends over the magic of the internet which is AWESOME. (but I can't do it because I have no 3ds friends :cry: ) THIS GAME IS WORTH EVERY CENT it's a grade A game it's the best animal crossing game in the series!!! Anyway I'm gonna catch this rare beetle to play off my latest loan (ooooo a shark).

Hanyou

didn't build that
It's good. Animal Crossing games never entirely clicked with me, but I've thoroughly enjoyed New Leaf.

I'm a fan of the Harvest Moon series and sim games in general, particularly because accumulating wealth is fun. Animal Crossing, unlike other sim games, doesn't involve much strategy for wealth accumulation--just a little bit of time each day. This makes it both addictive and relaxing.

I highly recommend it, but only if you already like, or are at least open to, the idea of wealth accumulation and town building as a driving component of a game. Even some RPGs like Skyrim have similar components, so think about what you look for and spend time on in games.

Does the idea of starting with a tent, which you can eventually grow into a mansion, appeal to you? How about turning a quiet, small town into a bustling village? How about shopping, upgrading storefronts, adding to a museum collection, and all those other things? And do you have the patience to wait a day, real-time, for your in game accomplishments to take effect?

I think anyone can enjoy Animal Crossing, but what you need to determine for yourself is if it can give you good value for your money. As objectively good as it is, it is not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom