• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Nighters. DDDDDDDD:<

You people know what I'm talking about. You have two different research papers due tomorrow, each 3000 words long, and you haven't even started finding your sources yet. Or picked a topic.

And now your at your computer when every normal person is sleeping, and desperately working. (Or more likely, writing a couple lines, surfing the web for a couple hours, and then writing another couple of lines-like I'm doing right now)

So, my good people, describe a time when YOU had to pull an all-nighter.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Finals in animation...

The assignments were brutal enough, but you had to get it all perfect before it was due. So much scrambling and all-nighters were had. @.@ It was horrible. ;w;

My body also doesn't function very well on lack of sleep. >.< In fact, it is very difficult for me to pull all-nighters because my body is ready to crash after a certain hour. ;w; I had to fight through it when I was in animation. It was not fun.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'm pretty sure "gorilla" and "hammer" are understatements.

I can't help getting that idea, actually. :hmm: I would see "maniac that escaped from jail" and "steamroller" to be more apt comparisons, but that's just me, since I have a pretty stiff opinion on all-nighters. I have a pretty different point of view on them, since my heart doesn't work as it should and all-nighters can actually affect my blood circulation if I go to far with them and, you know... kill me. That hasn't stopped me from having a few, though. As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures:

School works that I left for the last minute make up a good part of these for me. So many that I have a hard time naming a especific one, in fact. But I'll do my best here....*sits down and sips some coffee*

Ok, here's a good one: I had to study for a physics test and I kept wasting time until it was about 1:00 AM to get to it. I am not exactly the brightest bulb in the closet, so you bet I had to look over problems at least 15 times each to finally nail down the procedures. I finished around 5:20 AM, just in time to get at least 40 minutes, but I always take a while to finally fall asleep for some reason. I just stared at the cieling for all that time until 6, which is when I had to start getting ready. Oh yes, what a long day it was... especially because the test wasn't particularly packed with subjects, so I could have easily avoided that. :rolleyes:

There's also several times when I did it just for the heck of it. I remember once when there was an earthquake REALLY late (I recall it being about 1 or 2 of the morning) and everyone stayed up out of fear of being woken up by a random vibration again. Me? I just wanted to see the sunrise since I had never seen it before. Now I wish I hadn't, despite it being pretty a nice sight. ^^

Last edited:
I went to bed. It's just not worth it.

If you are talking All-Night Gaming Sessions - last I can recall is when I first bought Minecraft and played it 'til dawn :P

Strangelove

Somewhere
The next day is the worst. You don't feel sleepy anymore, you just feel as if a gorilla is repeatedly bashing your skull with a hammer.

Oh, I don't know. When I pull an all nighter, I feel tired in the morning, then more awake as the day goes on. By midday, I can basically function normal. Then at night I basically slip into a sleep deprived coma.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I went to bed. It's just not worth it.

If you are talking All-Night Gaming Sessions - last I can recall is when I first bought Minecraft and played it 'til dawn :P

Exaxtly, i can only pull off all-nighters when it comes to gaming. Dunno if its a good thing or a bad thing.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
i can pull all nighter if im on the computer i stayed awake up from 7:00am to 3:00 PM

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I can pull an all nighter if it is TOURNAMENT related, it can't just be game related. So, if we're playing SSBM, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll stay up to beat some players and earn my belt...er, trophy. However, if it is something like "beat this in 5 hours", I could save that for later. Much later.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
As a junior in college I've pulled my fair share of all-nighters before. I once had a PowerPoint presentation to create and I didn't start it until like 10:00pm the day before I was to present. Yeah, stupid. Anyways, I stayed up all night working on it. I was soo tired the next day, but I got it done.
I also stayed up all night studying for a brutal final exam. My class average was a C so I couldn't afford to bomb it. I studied so hard for that exam that I pulled off a 94 A. Really helped my grade.

My exam week starts next Tuesday and...well, let's just say there'll be all-nighters. I have to study, finish some unfinished projects/possibly write an essay and do rest of my math "exercises" (about...50 more to go). And most likely I'll fit in some more Skyward Sword and ACR, their release dates clashed pretty badly with exams.

I usually only pull all-nighters around exam weeks and if I have some important essays to return or books to read, but it's pretty easy if I have enough coffee.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I'm a sophomore at an art school and one of the running jokes around here is how nobody sleeps. I have 7 classes and get an average of 6 or so hours of sleep per night during the week, because I try and prevent pulling all-nighters. In the past year and a half, I've had a brutal workload and came close (up until 5am, then got 2 hrs of sleep) to all-nighters, but I haven't truly pulled one yet. One was a business card design project and the other was a typography / font design assignment. The way I see it, I'm better off getting enough sleep, and producing good work that's late instead of throwing something together while I'm half-asleep and having it look like crap. It may be different in my case, since my teachers don't care as much about deadlines as they do about the end product and good ideas. I pulled real all-nighters, oddly enough, in high school a couple times for essays and AP stuff.

Staying up all night for gaming and watching cartoons is a different story, however ;)

And, all the coffee leaves this terrible aftertaste in your mouth, and you promise never to drink coffee again in your entire life.

Until your next research project, that. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom