• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode: Tips, Tricks and Help.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My level breakout is:

Link - 87
Zelda - 82
Agitha - 80
Sheik - 77
Fi - 72
Ganondorf - 71
Cia - 70
Darunia - 70
Midna - 70
Zant - 70
Impa - 67
Lana - 67
Ghirahim - 66
Ruto - 66
Volga - 66
Wizzro - 65

I try to keep everyone at the same level, but it's difficult when certain characters are asked for more than others, or certain characters have better stages for leveling up.

With that said, I must ask how Agitha got to 80. o_O

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Majority of mine go from 22 to 50 Trying to bring the excess to 50. Link is lvl 60 and G-dorf is 99. Gee i wonder who i use alot :P

Heard nobody about the Epona weapon yet, you guys liking it?

For me it's a fun weapon but quite hard to use properly against captains. For most characters when I fight against a Poe for instance, I just stand behind them when they are performing their attack and attack when the weakness gauge pops up. With Epona I seem to walk into the attacks constantly and when I attack I walk past the enemies often so I can only sit their gauge for 1-2 attacks. It is great against Mobs and for walking across big maps. Attacking while moving at a good speed is great and really racks up the kills. The combo attacks are fine, but not great. Main strength lies in the regular attacks and the movement.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I've not used Epona but i am guessing it is like fighting as Fi. You are quick and agile on the field but you will constantly run into attacks because of your speed.

And I'm just sittin' over here waiting for Skull Kid…

Though I forgot totally about Epona, I still haven't even used her yet. All the other characters are so varied and interesting I've been spreading my love between them all, which is very rare for me in just about any game where I can pick certain from a roster. If you don't believe me just look at my Smash Bros Melee data!

Has anyone been having any kind of trouble with the new Map? The challenges don't seem quite as hard as the individual challenges in the original Adventure Mode.

Haven't played Master Quest a lot yet, want to unlock all the weapons on the old one first, although my love for Volga may cause me to break that resolve sooner rather than later. Only got the Hero's Clothes Master Quest costume for Link so far.

On Epona, got her third tier weapon just now (second one I got a couple days ago). Really nice designs for all of them:

Lvl 2 Epona is the TP version and lvl 3 is OoT. They look very distinct, especially the OoT horse.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I have only done a few levels but if you are not good as a certain water sorceress then you won't be able to progress so far to the left. Not it seems to the North because of item placement. I will never be able to stress this enough to satisfy people. Either level your character evenly or use the Training Dojo. Several times friends in RL have asked why my specific character is so high leveled while the others aren't and my answer is normally is so i can grind enough money to level them up. Normally they'd then ask why don't i level evenly. And it comes down to character dislike.

On a side note does anyone find it annoying when you are fighting some character how they keep gasping as they get hit.

Just tried out the Summoning Gate for Lana for the first time. I think the idea is really cool. The special attack is the best thing I've seen in the game. Fighting is a bit odd though, I went through a big part of a stage that was maybe a bit above my level at that time by just spamming Y and dodge which works swimmingly. Anyone else care to share how they use it?

Stuck on Lvl 2 Great Fairy. Really hate this weapon and level. The Great Fairy takes up a lot of the screen making it hard to see what you are doing. The combos aren't particularly good and those Dinolfos take forever to die, plus there's a lot of reinforcements. Any tips on how to do this one?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Working my way to summoning gate now. Just got great fairy today so i have no clue how she handles. Are you forced to use her?

Bit of advice for this doing that infernal zelda mission Target Wizzro then Volga, then Yellow captain. if you are using a decent rapier it should be a smooth fight.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Just tried out the Summoning Gate for Lana for the first time. I think the idea is really cool. The special attack is the best thing I've seen in the game. Fighting is a bit odd though, I went through a big part of a stage that was maybe a bit above my level at that time by just spamming Y and dodge which works swimmingly. Anyone else care to share how they use it?

I use it in a way I'm sure a lot of people don't know about. You know how when you press the X button, a monster is randomly summoned? If you look closely, you'll see which ever monster you summoned's head below your health bar. When you use one of Lana's combos that has that specific monster, it'll be way more powerful and awesome. Give it a try ^^!

And also MartD, on the Great Fairy lvl 2 challenge, you don't have too use the Great Fairy on this level to actually get her lvl 2. It's recommended, but its not needed. I wish I had better advice man but I actually had my brother helping me on it so I don't think I'm qualified to say much more XD.

Last edited:
Working my way to summoning gate now. Just got great fairy today so i have no clue how she handles. Are you forced to use her?
For Fairy Lv3 where you have to use the fairy, you use combos to take the keeps super fast and kill the hordes fast. You have to take them quick quick. The reason is, the Fairy is just garbage at killing anything with a health bar. And the last enemy hero you have to fight takes ages to kill with the fairy.

I also tried Lana's Lv3 portal weapon stage. That stage is so hard. I only just did it in time, but that was with racing to kill what I needed to kill and the going for the win, I think I had like 500KOs. Why so long? Killing anything with this weapon takes ages. Much too long. My Lana is Lv70 and my kill speed with the portal in this level is just not good enough. I could level Lana up to 99 but I don't know, I'll have to seriously think how to do this stage,
For the Lv2 portal stage I just used the Lv 3 book.

Haven't played Master Quest a lot yet
Have fun there. I have not done much of the 2nd quest map, but one of the stages I did was the usual, capture 4 keeps then kill the enemy hero and win but the scenario was "don't take damage". So Having to take 4-5 keeps, kill 3 enemy heroes while taking no damage at all (and your attacks only do normal damage), sure you can use heart pieces to stay alive it you take that first hit. One hit though and no A rank for you. I just did it for the costume and got a B rank on it.
You don't need 1200KOs there but hot damn that stage was a royal pain in the ***.

Some of these Adventure Mode stages (on both 1st and 2nd quest) are designed to be a little too hard. And a good hard either, it's just frustrating.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
To kill fast with the Summoning Gate, spam strong attack until you get Argorok, then do the Argorok combo and ride it around. In the lv3 stage specifically, that'll get you a quick ~400 kills after completing the first mission when the hoard crosses the bridge west of the Allied Base. Try to catch them as close to the bridge as you can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom