• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler About the Kokiri

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
I know the Kokiri never grow up, but it has confused me: do they die as kids, or do they live forever? And how do more Kokiri "come about?" Do they reproduce, or some other method. This has puzzled since the very first time I played OoT...

Conor

the over analysing guy
The Kokiri were made by the Deku Tree, as for if they live forever and die as children I'm not entirely sure, logic would suggest they must be able to die and reproduce for the to have evolved into the Koroks, but hey,it's zelda :p

lithanium

has eaten a boulder!
kokiris die when they:

A: leave the forest.

B: leave the forest.

C: get their forest cut-down.

D: leave the forest.

E: get murdered.

F: some other things i cant name probably.

I belive they live forever otherwise, and the deku tree keeps them alive. reproduction IMO is that kokiris grow from special deku seeds.

but hey, its zelda. this kinda thing is sorta serious for tLoZ dont ya think?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
kokiris die when they:

A: leave the forest.

B: leave the forest.

C: get their forest cut-down.

D: leave the forest.

E: get murdered.

F: some other things i cant name probably.

I belive they live forever otherwise, and the deku tree keeps them alive. reproduction IMO is that kokiris grow from special deku seeds.

but hey, its zelda. this kinda thing is sorta serious for tLoZ dont ya think?

Kokiri don't die when they leave the Forest. They just believed that out of some sort of fear.

Last edited:

lithanium

has eaten a boulder!
really? because i belive the great wise and all knowing great deku tree told them that. i could be wrong, you could be right. probably you, i havent played OoT lately.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
really? because i belive the great wise and all knowing great deku tree told them that. i could be wrong, you could be right. probably you, i havent played OoT lately.

They're in Lon Lon Ranch in the credits of OoT. I don't know why they believe that, but it's never said that the Deku Tree told them that. They may have just thought they'd be killed by what's outside rather than just dying due to leaving, anyway. We don't really know why they think they'll die.

Last edited:

Zleda

Toon Deity
This always puzzled me as well; another thing to think about: are they born the way they are? or are they babies, then stop growing as children? Because if Link was taken to the forest as a baby, he would have grown up, which I'm sure would have shocked Mido and the gang......

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
It is true that the Kokiri don't die if they leave the forest. It is just out of fear of the unknown of what could be on the outside that could kill them.

They never talk about dying, or if when they were born they started out as children or infants. They could be immortal for all we know. As for reproducing, scientifically the only possible logic is the Deku Tree making more since they're only kids and lack the proper skills to do so.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The Kokiri only die when murdered. If they leave the forest, as evidenced by Mido and the others celebrating (and Saria having to live in the Sacred Realm for the rest of her life), they stay the way they are. Even if the Deku Tree dies, they stay the same, yet evil does pervade the forest. Now, the only real Kokiri we see that is dead is Fado in TWW, but Ganon attacked him and stole his soul. Anyway, as for the Kokiri "evolving" into the Koroks, I think that came about because they lived away from the Great Tree. They used to live in the Forbidden Woods, and that was a ways away from the Tree, and since the Deku Tree's magic couldn't prevent the evil from entering the Forbidden Woods, it makes sense that his magic doesn't prevent them from devolving into the Koroks.

If you get them wet they multiply.... and if you feed them after midnight they turn into Gremlins.

I have no answer for how the Kokiri reproduce but I have an answer for the other questions you have. As it's mentioned by Fado in the Lost Woods, if you leave the forest you can turn into a Stalfo's. Also they can be murdered because when the Deku Tree dies, and when all the enemies come into the Kokiri Forest, they all hide. Proof that they can get killed. Since the Kokiri never grow up, I think they can live forever. Also, they were in the end credits at Lon Lon Ranch so they can leave the forest without being killed - but that was after the crisis was ended. So yeah.

I think they grow up outside the forest, since time not flows there... If you grow, you are getting old, and then die.

I'm sorry for my bad English...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom