• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Very Urgent Question!!!

T

toyall123

I am a rather recent Zelda convert, and I was wondering whether I should buy Skyward Sword or not.

Unfortunately, I don't play a lot of action-adventure games, because I normally play JRPGS (Final Fantasy:cool:). And I was wondering if all of you can tell me one thing you greatly enjoy about the game, as well as some other essential things like: the difficulty compared to the rest of the series and the variety of side quests you can find in the game.

Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated:clap:

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Buy Skyward Sword, sure you might have a few problems here and there with the difficulty if you haven't played an action-adventure-puzzle game before, but this game is the first in the timeline (as of right now, with Nintendo logic you never know what will happen next) and it is really fun, so my advice to you is to buy Skyward Sword.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yes, go for it.

This Zelda is arguably the most RPG'ish of the modern Zeldas, plus, it does what no other game except maybe Red Steel does, and that is, legitimise motion controls for action/adventure games.

Plus, Zelda games are puzzle heavy. If you enjoy puzzles, and RPGs, then Zelda is a great mix of the two, particularly Skyward Sword. The action/adventure is also a main part of the game/series, I really recommend you grab Skyward Sword, particularly because you don't need to know anything about the other Zeldas to appreciate its story and canon.

Well, that depends on how you feel about motion controls. If you like them, I'd say go with this or the Wii version of Twilight Princess. If you prefer the old fashioned control style, go with the GameCube version of Twilight Princess.

If you own a Wii you should buy this game. The game isn't very difficult, but there is a bit of a learning curve with the 1:1 motion controls that might take some getting used to.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It's worth the buy. Aside from the occasional item that is useless out side of specific instances,The game is a blast. Flying is a lot of fun, the sword play is awesome, each time you are forced to revisit an area it is different(even unforced visits early in the game the areas differ from the first time you visited), It has a good difficulty to it. it is rpg-ish enough that no two players experience exactly the same game.

read this article to find out more of what has already been posted here worded better:
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/12/skyward-sword-the-best-of-the-best/

I'm with everyone else on the subject, this game is amazing. It is also good for people new to the series because I do not think the puzzles are overly complex compared to some of the other games in the series. I really enjoy the 1:1 controls and that makes it a little more difficult in itself. Welcome to the Zelda world and I hope you enjoy it! This really is a great game to get in on. Let us know what you decide and then whether or not you are enjoying it or not.

Honestly, I'd download Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask off of virtual console. It would only cost $20 total. These two games represent the pinnacle of the series and pretty much define what a Zelda should be.

But my next choice would be Skyward Sword. Great game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly, I'd say get Skyward Sword but it has very little variance in side quests. Many sidequests, yes, but not varying ones. Most of them are just fetch quests.

The difficulty really isn't that hard in my opinion. People struggle with the game where I breeze through, it's just due to me having a little more experience I suppose. Don't expect Final Fantasy IV difficulty out of Skyward Sword, lol

I enjoy the swordplay the most. It's the best Zelda has ever seen thus far.

T

toyall123

Thanks for all of your advice:).

Now that I'm back home for the winter, I'll most likely buy Skyward Sword tomorrow.:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom