• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Story of GameStop Sacrifice

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I pre-ordered Skyward Sword Limited Bundle over a month ago, and when the release date came around I went to GameStop to pick it up, and I was told they were shorted a few copies and that they would call around to see if they could find one, so I went home and awaited the inevitable phone-call telling me they found a copy, but the call never came... I went back to GameStop to check if they had perhaps gotten it in and forgot to call, but I was told they still could not find a copy(The employee apologized about 15 times), so I returned home again...
Today, I went to GameStop to check on their progress, and they still didn't have it, the employee working the desk (The same one I talked to several weeks before) went into the back room and came out with the Skyward Sword Limited Bundle, he informed me it was his copy and that he will sell it to me because they couldn't find another copy anywhere:(. This moved me greatly, and I will never forget him for this incredible sacrafice.:)

This event got me wondering, have you ever had a GameStop employee go above and beyond the call of duty to help you out?
I am tired of hearing all the bad things GameStop and it's employees have done, I want to hear the good stories, the awesome things that would never happen anywhere but your local GameStop:)

(I postponed playing my new copy of Skyward Sword just so I could write this thread telling you my story)

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
the employee working the desk (The same one I talked to several weeks before) went into the back room and came out with the Skyward Sword Limited Bundle, he informed me it was his copy and that he will sell it to me because they couldn't find another copy anywhere:(. This moved me greatly, and I will never forget him for this incredible sacrafice.:)

This event got me wondering, have you ever had a GameStop employee go above and beyond the call of duty to help you out?
I am tired of hearing all the bad things GameStop and it's employees have done, I want to hear the good stories, the awesome things that would never happen anywhere but your local GameStop:)

That's awesome. I hope he was able to find another copy, so he could enjoy the game too. I never came across any Gamestop employee like that yet, but the people at the stores that I usually go to are friendly. Now, if only I could get a REALLY good discount on a 3DS lol! Anyway, I personally don't understand the G.S. hate. And I don't think I ever will.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Gamestop, as a company, has a horrible reputation with preorders. They were never "shorted", they oversold knowing how many they would get. But, fortunately, most of their regular employees are decent people. And you managed to find yourself a really good person that has a good conscience. If only the main guys at Gamestop as a company has the same conscience as that person does. Then kind acts like this won't even be necessary.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
Gamestop, as a company, has a horrible reputation with preorders. They were never "shorted", they oversold knowing how many they would get. But, fortunately, most of their regular employees are decent people. And you managed to find yourself a really good person that has a good conscience. If only the main guys at Gamestop as a company has the same conscience as that person does. Then kind acts like this won't even be necessary.

This is the first problem I've ever had with GameStop, so I'm giving the company the benefit of the doubt.
And as I stated, I don't want to hear what GameStop has done wrong, I want to hear stories of what GameStop and it's employees have done for you when they didn't have to. :)

H

harda toenail

Every time I trade in a stack of games (like 20 or so) EVERY TIME there are about 3-5 less on the receipt than what I'm trading. I call them out on it every time. That discusts me and after the third time of this happening I have never been back. I buy and sell on craigslist now to unload or buy really old games. I always buy new for new releases because that ensures the people who made the game are getting paid, not just the store

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
People seem to be missing the point :dry:

I don't want to hear stories of how GameStop has ripped people off and stuff, I've heard every possible variation about 50 times over. If you want to complain about GameStop, find a different thread.

I want the Good stories about GameStop, when the company or the employees helped you when they didn't need to.
If you have nothing good to say, please don't say anything.

Jedizora

:right:
An employee once gave me five dollars of her own money so they i could pay the remaining money that I didn't have on my Copy of MC.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Oh yes. On this past Black Friday, I was standing in line and the guy came up to me and asked why I didnt have anything, and I said I couldnt find it. he held up the line to get what i needed, an Energizer charging system, and the last Skyward Sword Bundle.

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
the people at gamestop are awesome, they usualy give me extra discounts. ive been going there for a long time, about 6 or 7 years, and the one dude there has been there since i started. he almost always gives me an extra 20% off, i always ask for him

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I love GameStop! The only problems I've had are with game shipments being delayed (Mario Sports Mix, Professor Layton and the Last Specter) and they didn't get posters for Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm a 'regular' at the GameStop closest to my house; when I preordered Super Mario 3D Land the guy who is always there when I'm there gave me a keychain ahead of time, and then gave me another one when I picked up the game! If I ever decide to get a high school or college job, it'll be at GameStop!!!

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
gamestop is a good place to get games and the service is good 8/10 but i wish they'd test their games before buying/selling them. Most of the time they work but twice i've gotten ones that don't work. At least they don't judge or anything when they see a girl like me (I am rather short/tiny) buying games like Resident Evil and Madworld. They just direct me towards similar games and ones I haven't played before.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I love Gamestop =D

I remember a year or two ago I went into one to get a Sonic game. However, when I got home to play it, I noticed that they had given me the wrong Sonic game. So I went back to the store the next day and told them that I got the wrong game, but I wouldn't mind paying for it since it was so much fun. Instead, they gave me a refund for the first, and then gave me both games for free :D They apologized for messing something like that up.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
While I have had a terrible time with GameStop over the years I have had one good experience with them. I had just bought Brawl and Twilight Princess used and the next day they had a surprise 1 day buy 2 get one free. I took the games in and showed the guy behind the counter my receipt. He said that I could return them, then buy them again but instead he just told me to go pick out a game under $45.

I would really recommend that if you guys buy and sell games at GameStop that you should try to find a local used game store. You can find some awesome stores that buy for a lot more and sell for less while selling older games you can't get at GameStop. Plus you'll meet a lot of awesome people like collectors who would love to help you build your collection for a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom