• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Specific Question on Signatures

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Geez, I've been here forever and still don't know the specific rules on those...

I have something of a specific question. I am gearing up to self-publish something on Kindle pretty soon (doing some last proofing) and I was thinking of creating a slim, tasteful banner to put in my sig here to advertise said thing. However, I do not know what the policy on advertising would be for something like that. It's not like I'm a bot advertising Pepsi or anything, and I already link websites in my signature, so I do not think it would be much different to say "Hey, I've got a digital novel you can download to your reading device or computer for five bucks because I failed at real-publishing."

Would it be okay to create and have something like that, or would it be considered too much in the way of "advertising?"

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes you are allowed to have a link in your siggy. Whether it is inside your link (clickable link) or a text containing a link both are allowed. Or as you said a banner advertizing is fine too as long as the link is redirecting to appropriate content ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom