• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Reimagined “Hyrule Field” Theme song

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the Zelda Dungeon forums. Life-long fan of the game series here. Its incredible music has influenced everything I do artistically. Anyway, I wanted to share this piece I made with you.

This is a re-imagining of Hyrule Field, inspired by a challenge proposed by my friend. The overworld themes in Zelda are often the most extensive, detailed musical pieces in each installment, exploring the many emotions that come with an epic adventure. With that in mind, I tried composing an original piece that could work as the overworld theme in a Zelda game, without borrowing any actual Koji Kondo/Nintendo motifs. It was the biggest compositional challenge I've ever endeavored upon, because it not only needed to have the vibe of Zelda, but also be of high enough quality to stand beside Kojo Kondo's work.
I first wrote the skeleton of the song on mandolin, and then wrote a two part flute (well, alto and soprano recorders) melody to accompany it. Acoustic guitar, choir (self sung), xylophone, shehnai, snare drum, cymbals, triangle, and kettle drum all followed to give it the orchestrated aesthetic needed for an overworld theme. I then recorded these instruments myself.

I tried sharing it on Reddit and it didn’t get any traction. I think there are people here that will appreciate all the work that was put into this. Please share your thoughts with me.

Looking forward to being a part of this community. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom