• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler A Question About the Location of the Master Sword at the End of SS

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In OOT the Temple of time is right next to the market town and Hyrule castle at the north of Hyrule. So why in the end of SS is it left in a pedestal in the south east of Hyrule. How does it get to its OOT location? Also the location it is left in at the end of SS would make sense with the location of the temple of time in TP. Are there multiple temple of times? Even so This is an OOT prequel so surely the location it is left in in this game should be the one link pulls it out of in OOT. Does anyone have a theory or evidence to put my mind at rest or do you think Nintendo just have not thought some of the story aspects through. Jesse made a thread about SS tying up only some loose ends and creating way more and it gave me the idea to create this thread about this specific issue.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Temple of Time is actually supposed to be in the Lost Woods, as shown with the Sacred Grove in TP. It was moved from there to Castle Town in OoT for some reason, probably for us to see the destruction Ganondorf had caused to it right after we left the ToT. Why it's not put in the Temple of Time in Skyward Sword, I don't know. There's already an area called the Temple of Time, but it's in the desert and really looked nothing like the ToT we all know, which makes me wonder if it was supposed to be something different. Anyway, I suppose it's possible the Temple of Hylia/Sealed Temple becomes the Temple of Time eventually, and that would make sense, given its location (in the Woods). I don't know, though. We'll just have to wait and see if it's expanded on.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
In Twilight Princess the Sacred Grove is in the south, in Ocarina of Time it is the north, Skyward Sword has the same provinces as TP, so maybe OoT is Southern Hyrule, TP and SS are Northern Hyrule, and the Master Sword is in the middle, I know Lake Hylia, and Death Mountain are in both OoT and TP, but this is just a thought.

I think there are two Temple of Times. The one we see in the desert, and the Sealed Temple. They both allow for time travel so it makes sense. And I could see Nintendo doing this to explain how we've seen the Temple in Castle Town and in the forest. But the placement of the Master Sword at the end was extremely confusing. Especially since that pedestal appeared from no where.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
But the placement of the Master Sword at the end was extremely confusing. Especially since that pedestal appeared from no where.
Yea, but the Isle of the Goddess came down from Skyloft and the entrance into the Statue of the Goddess was right next to the entrance into the Sealed Temple, the pedestal that Link placed the Master Sword in is in the Statue of the Goddess.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think there are two Temple of Times. The one we see in the desert, and the Sealed Temple. They both allow for time travel so it makes sense. And I could see Nintendo doing this to explain how we've seen the Temple in Castle Town and in the forest. But the placement of the Master Sword at the end was extremely confusing. Especially since that pedestal appeared from no where.

This is the conclusion I am coming to as well. There is the first temple in the Lanayru province is the general area of Castletown. At least according to TP. While the sealed Temple is far south and east of that in the forest which corresponds with the sacred forest meadow of TP. So it can be possible that there are two. And over time both became to be known as the temple of time to the locals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom