• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A New Pokémon Game on Wii?

It's only an incredibly vague rumour at the moment (which could be a cruel joke on the part of the guy who was quoted as saying it) but I'm still intrigued by the idea of it. Basically, it's taking the console games forward again after the random blip that was Battle Revolution, in that it will have a single player story mode alongside the battles.

Of course, if it is a rumour, I'll be disappointed. Why they haven't released a proper Wii Pokémon game yet (i.e. not a tournament tool) I'm not sure. And for that matter, why they haven't released a single Pokémon game on a console in full 3D with wild Pokémon (rather than Shadows) is beyond me.

So yeah, here's hoping for a proper console Pokémon game (for once :P). Chances are it will be revealled at that event in... 10 days was it? That or E3. Hopefully the former.

This isn't to say the Orre games were bad though, I loved the stories (well... Colloseum's more than XDs) and the settings were rather brilliant (an underground city!). It's just they could have been so much more.

Beeker

Wild Card
I hope this rumor turns out to be true.There has been a lack of good console Pokemon games(even for a tournament game, Battle Revolution wasn't good for me)and I've been hoping for a game like this for a long time.

I liked the Orre games quite a bit. Maybe it was the concept of Shadow/purifying Pokemon, or just the fact it was as close to a true of a Pokemon game as they could do, but I just love it. (Maybe it was because of Mt.Battle.That place is AMAZING :))

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
If this game comes out, then I'm praying that it turns out to do something like commemorate 10 years of the Pokemon Stadium series with Pokemon Stadium 3, the game we've all wanted. I'm not going to lie, Battle Revolution was bad. Unlike the Stadiums, you had to own a DS title, there were no mini games, there was no way to watch the game on the big screen, there was very little interaction with the DS titles other than just grabbing Pokemon, etc.

So, here's hoping.

Kybyrian

Battle Revolution was a dreadful game for the most part, and I'm sad about that. If this turns out to be true, then there is no passing this game up. Gale of Darkness and games like it were absolutely amazing, and that's actually what I wish Battle Revolution would have been like. I'm sure almost everybody wished that PBR would have been like that. Pokemon is an awesome series, let's just hope this rumor of an awesome game to accommodate the DS titles is not false.

Make one like the Orre games except, make it to where you can catch you own pokemon IN THE WILD!!! I dont wanna be the good guy and steal from everyone else. Make minigames and stuff like stadium and have gym leaders (not gym leader castle) and make it like the handheld games. A region with trainers and an pokemon league.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The only console pokemon game I would like to see is a sequel for pokemon snap. As a kid I loved the idea of taking pictures of pokemon in the wild and since we now have over 500 pokemon in a lot of different regions there is enough material to work with. The original idea needs a lot of work though, the onrail was stupid and there were only a few levels but the concept is way better than just a stadium where you have to battle (I haven't played colleseum and XD, so I don't know what those games are like). Just imagine walking around a jungle with wild pokemon everywhere and your mission is to take a picture of every pokemon to fill a pokedex, a game like that would keep my busy for months :P.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Yeah I have Pokemon Colosseum but rarely play it; I forgot where I am...I liked Pokemon Stadium 2; I never had it but one of my friends does and I love the mini-games! Ready, count the Chanseys!

Oh Gosh, I would LOVE this!! Please Please be true!! I LOVED Colosseum and XD!! I've been wanting a true Colosseum-XD style sequel on Wii for a long time! I hope they give it online modes and other cool stuff! :D

I reckon it would be awesome, as long there were more locations and a proper storyline. Battle Revoluytion was all right, it just did not have much storylines, was to short, and all you did was battle. If it had a story, you could actually move the charcater around, and even used the Pokemon themselves in battle like Pokepark (minigame only) it would be awesome.

Frigidblade

Chilled Blade Wielder
In the darkest parts of your imagination...
I hope this rumor is true. We haven't really seen a good Pokemon Wii game in a while. Battle revolution, as said before, was a major letdown. Of this rumor turns out to be true, I hope to see some of the Ds mechanics such as shiny Pokemon. This sounds very exciting, and I await to hear if this is true or not.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
it looks likely, seeing as the fifth generations now released, but i wouldnt get my hopes up for a full console game(like HG,SS and black/white) more probably a battle revolution-esque game to be truthfully honest.

jugglaj91

I am me....
GOOD NEWS! Nintendo have official said that they have a Pokemon game in the works for both Wii and 3DS:D

Link please if possible?

Now I would like a game where most of these ideas are represented. You could have a main game where you catch pokemon. Whether it be Orre again or a whole new setting. And within the game you could have the mini-games like the handhelds do. Like the berry crush, or contests but with actual mini-games. Also as a mini-game you could go on a pokemon photo shoot. Sure it would be on a rail again, but you could still take the pictures. And of course have just a battling system for when you've beaten it, or for tournaments. To me it sounds like the perfect idea. You get a little bit of everything and it should satisfy most gamers. You get the story you want, mini-games and optional things like the photo shoot. That is what I hope they can come up with at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom