• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past A Link to the Past's Most Frustrating Boss

Most Frustrating Boss

• Armos Knight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lanmola

• Moldorm

• Agahnim

• Helmasaur

• Arrghus

• Mothula

• Blind

• Kholdstare

• Vitreous

• Trinexx

• Agahnim (2)

• Ganon

• Total voters
In my opinion the most frustrating boss is Moldorm.

The boss itself wasn't hard but each time he would hit you off the edge you had to start the battle again.:mad:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Yes, Moldrom did get some rage out of me. But I voted Mothula. The thing had like 12 different attcking mechanisms, hit, shoot, dozens of spikeys, all on rapidly changing platforms. The other reason this boss fight was so challenging was that you needed magic. And you had to use it up to solve the puzzles, so getting to this boss required excellent swordsmanship in order to conserve magic. In the end, beating this boss came down to luck (not being hit by spikeys) and rapidly shooting the magic wand.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I picked Moldorm for the same reasons. It was easy to hit him, but he would hit you off of the edge and you had to climb the Tower into the same room. That's not it. He kept recovering even if I needed one hit to kill him.

TheGreen, there is an easy way to beat Mothula. You need to get the Golden Sword. It will make the other dungeons a bit harder, but it only takes one or two hits to kill Mothula with the Golden Sword.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I also think that Moldorm was the most frustrating because of the reasons mentioned (falling down means restarting the battle). Especially the totally random movements and the speedup in the last third of the battle made things quite complicated.
Similar was the Ganon battle: when the lights go out you can't see him anymore. And to re-light the torches, you have to stand on the edge of the room. So if he teleports to a spot very close to you then you will touch him and you have no real chance to avoid that. This touch will then usually throw you down and you'll have to restart the battle. Happened quite often to me.
What I hate about the Mothula battle is the inaccuracy between enemy sprite and vulnerable area when you're using the sword. I still haven't figured out completely where to hit Mothula so that it always counts as a valid strike. If you come from below, the sword usually misses even though it clearly touches the sprite, I always found that very strange. And I also try to get the Golden or at least Tempered Sword before attempting that battle.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I voted Moldorm, that battle is just plain frustrating. I've played that game quite a few times, and I still have no good strategy for staying on that platform. Sometimes, I get lucky and the battle is easy, but other times I wanna throw my controller out the window because I just can't stay on the platform.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
For me it's Arrgus, the battle is so repetitive... hookshot some thingy, destroy it and repeat it like 948759 times... (exageration xD) don't know why but I hate it >.<

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Blind the thief was the most frustrating boss ever. When he got rid of his cape, he would follow u around and hit u. U can't even hit him. So he's frustrating than Ganon!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Moldorm hands down.

That boss has caused me so much frustration and has made almost put down the controller in the midst of my frustration. I would get so close to beating him and only have one hit left and then I'd end up falling down to the floor below (or several floors below depending on where I fell) and have to try all over again. I've lost count of how many times this guy has done this me. And even though he frustrates me, I enjoy the battle I have with him. It's the kind of battle that I'd like to have with every boss I face in Zelda: challenging and at times frustrating cause you can't beat the guy until you try at least a hundred times or so.

TheGreen, there is an easy way to beat Mothula. You need to get the Golden Sword. It will make the other dungeons a bit harder, but it only takes one or two hits to kill Mothula with the Golden Sword.

it's even easier with the blue wand, just activate it and slash away, takes about 10 seconds to beat him

EDIT: I didn't really had a problem with any of the bosses in Alttp, So I didn't vote

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
There were two bosses in particular that frustrated me in this game: Moldorm and Mothula. The first Modlorm (not the one in Ganon's Tower) was frustrating as he had a very unpredictable movement pattern, and that hole in the center of the arena was deadly. He just pushing me through down there, especially when there was only one more hit to go.

Mothula was frustrating as it is so hard to beat the boss without being hit at least once. 3 laser beams, moving floors, spikes moving all across the room, how are you supposed to do that without being hit?!?

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I found moldorm really annoying but I picked Vitreous because It took me forever to figure out that I could use bombs to take it out easier.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I am honestly very surprised with this result. I found Moldorm very easy to defeat by quickly maneuvering around only using spin attacks. If I recall correctly, the damage between falls from the top level are still in effect when you get back to the top. Sure, he can a little annoying the first couple times you fight him, but when you revisit the game, he's not really a boss that strikes me as hard.

Mothula could be frustrating if you went in with low health, but it's really a matter of being prepared in that fight.

Some of the harder bosses I would say are the Helmasaur King, who hits like a truck very early on in the game with an attack that is excruciatingly hard to dodge (a very precise sword attack that deflects you out of range). Vitreous, who I voted for, is a boss fight that requires you to pay attention to many things at once, and requires Punch-Out-like observational skills to be able to ascertain when and where he's going to be able to do a lightning strike; I still die on that boss when I replay the game, and usually more than once.

Well, Ganon goes without saying, so I'll keep my vote for Vitreous.

Djinn

and Tonic
This was difficult for me to decide, moldorm was a little annoying but he never has successfully killed me. Even on my first time playing, he only kept knocking me down to the lower level over and over again. After a while I learned how to avoid it and he was no trouble.

After that I would have said Mothula since he has killed me several times and my first time playing through I lost to him more so than just about any other boss. Not that Mothula was difficult to defeat but you have to pay much more attention to the surrounding room than the actual enemy himself. Learning and reacting to the environment I can now defeat him without taking really any damage at all.

So I voted for Vitreous. He still hits me a lot, and I can normally not dodge that lightning attack. Even when I am doing well I am still getting hurt quite a bit a using fairies. Possibly the only boss that still give me a lot of trouble after this many years, the rest I can take without loosing too many hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom