• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Hero of Time; To See, or Not to See?

Is Hero of Time worth seeing?

• Yeah! I thought it was great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ungh! It was worse than the Zelda TV series!

• Meh, it was okay.

• Beats me. I've never seen it.

• Total voters

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I have heard that some devoted fan made a movie based on the game "Orcarina of Time" and I'm thinking of seeing it myself. But I need some advice on if it's really worth watching or if it's any good at all. and another thing, where could I get it?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Where did you hear this from because IGN played a April Fool's prank sometime ago saying that their was going to be a movie based on OoT.

Kazumi

chagy
I thought that the Hero of Time was somewhat decent. It was pretty good for a fan film. Lots of people didn't like that it wasn't faithful enough to Ocarina of Time, but I thought it did a good job. Unfortunately, the film is no longer available legally anywhere because Nintendo kindly ordered a cease and desist for the film, though it was agreed upon that it could be online for a while for everyone to watch. I, as well as many other people, watched it in that time period.

However, I'm sure there are some ways to get a copy of it...

Where did you hear this from because IGN played a April Fool's prank sometime ago saying that their was going to be a movie based on OoT.

Yes i heard that as well.

I seen a trailer to what was a OoT movie.
To be honest i thought it looked really good.

Its something id actually like to see happen.
Was there not a Doom film made from the game.?
And i heard there was to be a Metroid film based on MP1 i think.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
To clear things up, Hero of Time is completely unrelated to IGN's trailer. That trailer was an April Fool's joke. Hero of Time was developed by a different team and is actually a full length movie.

I thought it was okay. Not as good as Super Mario Bros, but still worth watching. There were a few parts that made me laugh. You should be able to find it somewhere.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Never seen it, but now I'm intrigued. I think I remember reading about this on another site. I never found out whether the project was completed or not (who knows--there are so many fan-makes out there), but I'm going to try and find this one now.

(Also, I remember IGN's fake trailer. I should've known it was a trick back then, but I was too gullible to believe such a thing was farce)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I actually just watched the Hero of Time movie (although I can't say how I got my hands on it), it's OK for what it is is probably the best way to describe it. A ton of effort when into it from the looks of it. It doesn't really follow OoT exactly, it's more loosely based on it. The fighting scenes were actually pretty decent for a fan-made movie. Overall, I'd say it's worth seeing, just don't expect to be wow'ed because like I said, it's OK for what it is describes it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom