• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS A Flexible Schedule for Doing as Much in One Cycle as Possible

Skunk

Floof
This isn't exhaustive, but it should be a good guideline if for some reason you want to try to do as many things in one cycle as possible. I am using the 3DS version for reference, but really the biggest changes are to the Pirate Base and the location of the Stone Mask soldier. So nothing too big. Anyway, here's the schedule. There's a few points where I had some loose hours, so if you were to try this and mess up on the bosses it's not the biggest deal as long as you don't mess up too much. As long as you don't miss the quests for Anju, Kafei, Romani, and Cremia, most errors aren't too cycle-ruining. This schedule assumes you've obtained everything already(all weapons and upgrades, bottles, and masks). It's more just for trying to do as much as can be done for the sake of it.

Day 1:
-Collect 100 ruppees above the Clock Town target practice
-Buy a Powder Keg in Clock Town
-Fight Odolwa
-Rescue the Deku Princess
-Return the Deku Princess to Deku Palace
-Fight Goht
-Finish the Business Deku Trading sequence
-Rescue Koume(during the trading sequence, buy two red potions)
-Fix the lighting in Zora Hall(during the trading sequence)
-Fight the Stalchild Commander(during the trading sequence)
-Talk to Romani and practice with the balloon ghosts
-Buy a Powder Keg in Clock Town
-Show Anju the Kafei Mask
-Get the Room Key
-Help the soldier in the Pirate Hideout
-Collect the Zora Eggs from the Pirate Hideout and take a picture of a pirate
-Return those Zora Eggs and get the Seahorse
-Collect the remaining Zora Eggs and reunite the Seahorses
-Return the remaining Zora Eggs and watch them hatch
-Play for the Milk Bar
-Talk to Anju in the kitchen
-Revive the Great Fairy of Magic in Clock Town
-Show the dancers in West Clock Town the Kamaro dance
-Uncover the Day 1 gravestone
-Fight Iron Knuckle and talk to Flat
-Help Romani fight the aliens

Day 2:
-Mail the letter to Kafei
-Fight Gyorg
-Play the Song of Storms for Sharp
-Heal Pamela's father
-Fight Igos du Ikana
-Finish the Secret Shrine of Ikana Valley
-Go to Kafei's Hideout
-Talk to Kafei
-Give Anju the pendant
-Help Cremia reach the Milk Bar
-Uncover the Day 2 gravestone
-Fight Twinmold
-Follow the Deku Butler
-Open the Goron Racetrack

Day 3:
-Reunite Don Gero's choir
-Raise the baby chickens at Romani Ranch
-Win the Dog Race
-Do the Keaton Quiz
-Play with the Indigo-Go's
-Get the Special Delivery at Kafei's Hideout
-Get the Sun Mask with Kafei in Sakon's Hideout
-Give Madame Aroma/the Postman the Special Delivery(if given to the Postman, wait for him to flee town)
-Uncover the Day 3 gravestone
-Reunite Anju and Kafei
-Go to the Moon

I've only gone through once, though I'll probably try at least once more. Just thought I'd share, since I haven't made a thread here in a v long time.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I tried to do this for the original once. Its a shame you can't save the old woman at the bomb shop or listen to Anju's Grandmother for a whole day. Other than that, I think I did everything in the bomber's notebook, but for the original that didn't include helping people in the outer four areas during the main quest; I just assumed that by defeating the boss, I was writing all of the wrongs in that area anyway. Additionally as soon as it was all over, I attempted to go up the clock tower and finish the game, so that all of that effort wasn't wiped clean with the song of time.

Somewhere in my Google Calendar I have the full schedule, I'll have to see if I can find it.

---

Found it! https://imgur.com/a/zmklU

Looks like I did more than I thought. Though this was my plan, I'm not 100% sure I actually succeeded in everything on this list, but I know I got really really close. From what I can see, the first few days represent a task list, the next 3 days are strict deadlines, and the last 3 days are more general deadlines.

Last edited:

Skunk

Floof
I tried to do this for the original once. Its a shame you can't save the old woman at the bomb shop or listen to Anju's Grandmother for a whole day. Other than that, I think I did everything in the bomber's notebook, but for the original that didn't include helping people in the outer four areas during the main quest; I just assumed that by defeating the boss, I was writing all of the wrongs in that area anyway. Additionally as soon as it was all over, I attempted to go up the clock tower and finish the game, so that all of that effort wasn't wiped clean with the song of time.

Somewhere in my Google Calendar I have the full schedule, I'll have to see if I can find it.
The way I see it is that every quest that gives you some kind of permanent reward(so non-consumables like masks and heart pieces) always end up being done if you get whatever that reward is, though that's pretty much just my headcanon. You could probably do a bunch if you only stuck to Clock Town(mini-games especially), but I don't really think you right all the wrongs by fighting the bosses. For example Romani still gets abducted, Lulu's eggs are still separated and unsafe, etc. It doesn't really matter though, since all my schedule does is try to show a way to do as many things as possible before going to the Moon in one cycle XD

Skunk

Floof
Also optionally you could squeeze calming the soldiers and construction workers in Clock Town with the Couple's Mask in during the Business Scrub sequence, but I'm not 100% sure and haven't tried to yet.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
The Romani and Couples Masks segments you mentioned are in the notebook, so I would have done those, but you're right about Lulu's eggs (though, looking at my schedule, I seemed to have done that!). But I definitely wouldn't have bothered with the minigames. Where you focused on doing as many things as possible, my focus was more on helping as many npcs as possible before beating the game, since those good deeds would otherwise be wiped away by the song of time.

Definitely work in the couples mask segment, that takes no time at all.

Skunk

Floof
The Romani and Couples Masks segments you mentioned are in the notebook, so I would have done those, but you're right about Lulu's eggs (though, looking at my schedule, I seemed to have done that!). But I definitely wouldn't have bothered with the minigames. Where you focused on doing as many things as possible, my focus was more on helping as many npcs as possible before beating the game, since those good deeds would otherwise be wiped away by the song of time.

Definitely work in the couples mask segment, that takes no time at all.
Oh, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. And also, it's pretty much the same with mine, considering that the only "minigame"(if you can call it one) in my schedule is the dog race. And like I already gave my thoughts on Song of Time shenanigans uwu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom