• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Certain Magical Round of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Let's face facts here, chances are that one of the people posting detailed posts in this game and generally playing well is gonna be Mafia. That means me, Nicole or Xinnamin, as far as my memory recalls. I'm going to have a re-read and form some conclusions.
Should add David to that list. He's been on my radar for a while, especially after the whole "cop should totes say something, nowait, cop shut up" thing. Mostly a gut feeling, but it feels to me like he was trying too hard.

With that being said, I'm also a bit suspicious of Djinn. Every game has its share of lurkers, but often a lot of those lurkers are just people who are less experienced and hesitant. Not saying that excuses every less experienced member from posting, it's just a general trend. When an experienced player lurks for most the game though, that raises my suspicions, and Djinn has only posted 4 times so far.

David

But you called me here...
Should add David to that list. He's been on my radar for a while, especially after the whole "cop should totes say something, nowait, cop shut up" thing. Mostly a gut feeling, but it feels to me like he was trying too hard.

Trying too hard? Care to elaborate for me as I'm not exactly sure as to what you think I was trying too hard to do.

Also, welcome Durion. Shame that Josh had to leave, but its good to have a player that I've played with before in here.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Vote: Xinnamin

Honestly, I've been rereading your posts this entire game, and you constantly get more suspicious and seem to try hard to get others to vote for someone over time. Though I shall admit that Djinn is a bit suspicious, but as of now, im sticking to what I believe, and if im not mistaken, you're scum.

David

But you called me here...
Vote: Xinnamin

Honestly, I've been rereading your posts this entire game, and you constantly get more suspicious and seem to try hard to get others to vote for someone over time. Though I shall admit that Djinn is a bit suspicious, but as of now, im sticking to what I believe, and if im not mistaken, you're scum.

Can I see some evidence, bro? Like, which posts do you find scummy?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane

Well, here's what made me think you were scum:
I'm inclined to believe MadameMajora is innocent based mostly on the timing of her vote. She jumped the bandwagon with a suspicious post at the very end of the day, when it was already obvious that Thareous was p.much dead. Any experienced mafia member would know to lay low in that situation to not attract attention, and any less-experienced mafia member would likely be told by the experienced mafia members to lay low.

In previous games I've played, never will someone claim someone is innocent unless they are trying to protect him or her. Also, in those games, mafia tended to do this every once in a while. The fact that you claim someone is innocent means you either know something no one else knows, or you're mafia yourself and you're protecting your other mafia members.

Nicole

luke is my wife

With that being said, I'm also a bit suspicious of Djinn. Every game has its share of lurkers, but often a lot of those lurkers are just people who are less experienced and hesitant. Not saying that excuses every less experienced member from posting, it's just a general trend. When an experienced player lurks for most the game though, that raises my suspicions, and Djinn has only posted 4 times so far.

I actually have a weird feeling about Xinn as well. She seems to be trying to put suspicion on David for the same thing he's done in the past. As in, say some stupid roundabout stuff to try to make people say "wtf" and accuse him of trying to fish for roles. As I mentioned earlier, saying "Omg David is fishing for roles," is a hugely common response and in itself isn't scummy. Something just seems a bit odd about her, but I don't really have evidence other than "it's a gut feeling."

Jimmy said:
Let's face facts here, chances are that one of the people posting detailed posts in this game and generally playing well is gonna be Mafia. That means me, Nicole or Xinnamin, as far as my memory recalls. I'm going to have a re-read and form some conclusions.

inb4 it's Xinn

But seriously, it doesn't have to be any one of the three. Not that I think you'd try to frame yourself. Unless you're trying a WIFOM tactic. In which case. It isn't working.

... To word that more coherently, I don't necessarily think that every Mafia /has/ to have someone making detailed posts. Mafia is just a matter of randomness. You may have a Mafia consisting of all new members who hardly post, or one that contains several advanced members who write theses on every other player.

Also Wyatt, what's wrong with you. ミサカは元気じゃない。= Misaka's not healthy, according to wonderful Google Translate. You just... I don't even know.

Also, I'd like to point out that Jedizora is being fluff-ish and just... going out of his way to not draw attention to himself. His posts seem geared to not look like fluff but are really lacking in depth and... I don't even know what to call it. I want to call it "lurking," but it really isn't. He just seems to be sort of hiding in the shadows.

Kybyrian

=Xinnamin=
Hits or just drops in, shrinks back. Seems to fall back in a scummy manner. Seeing a Xinn-Nicole thing going on a little bit.

=TheMasterSword=
Almost sure he is townie

=Nicole=
Peculiar playstyle to me. Worth an eye.

=MadameMajora=
Seems noob, maybe just scum dropping in and hitting up the bandwagons.

=Durion=
Pretty confident on town here from Josh.

=Jimmy=
Great player so far? Yeah.

=Jedizora=
Interesting, peculiar approach, I think IGMEOY worthy (#39 & #43)

=Djinn=
Fluffy? I suppose so. Worth an eye yeah, I guess.

=Destiny=
Probably townie, personality + lax playstyle = no scum switch/"in the shadows" approach to be interpreted

=David=
Typical style, does not seem scummy at all to me.

I think my vote stays on Xinn.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well, here's what made me think you were scum:

In previous games I've played, never will someone claim someone is innocent unless they are trying to protect him or her. Also, in those games, mafia tended to do this every once in a while. The fact that you claim someone is innocent means you either know something no one else knows, or you're mafia yourself and you're protecting your other mafia members.
Or, you know, just stating an observation.

=Xinnamin=
Hits or just drops in, shrinks back. Seems to fall back in a scummy manner. Seeing a Xinn-Nicole thing going on a little bit.
wut

... To word that more coherently, I don't necessarily think that every Mafia /has/ to have someone making detailed posts. Mafia is just a matter of randomness. You may have a Mafia consisting of all new members who hardly post, or one that contains several advanced members who write theses on every other player.

Yeah, I think that's probably true. I'm out of ideas at this point in the game, so just throwing ideas around to see what sticks.

Also, I'd like to point out that Jedizora is being fluff-ish and just... going out of his way to not draw attention to himself. His posts seem geared to not look like fluff but are really lacking in depth and... I don't even know what to call it. I want to call it "lurking," but it really isn't. He just seems to be sort of hiding in the shadows.

I've been toying around with voting for Jedizora since his fluffy post on day 1 (can't recall what it was about, but a few people pulled it up and I remember noticing it). I think he's the best bet at the moment.

Unvote (just in case)
Vote: Jedizora

Kybyrian

Xinnamin said:

Actually, I didn't even read the post above mine when I posted that. I just read through all pages but the one I was already on lol. Either way it stays, though, because that wasn't my main reason for the vote anyway.

And, I actually originally typed my notes on jedizora as an FOS rather than an IGMEOY. I think he's worthy of that at this point.

Well, I made my post just under two days ago, and Jedizora has yet to respond. I am assuming that he is ignoring any posts that mention him either in an attempt to give himself more time to think up of an excuse or he is trying to lay low.

For the time being, FoS: Jedizora.

Austin

Austin
UPDATED VOTE TALLY

Xinnamin - 2 (Kybyrian, TheMasterSword)
MadameMajora - 1 (Jedizora)
Jedizora - 1 (Jimmy)

Day ends tomorrow night. Six votes for a majority lynch.

Jedizora

:right:
As for this, your own vote didn't really have reason behind it other than you thought Thareous may be several roles, three of which are beneficial to the Town. And in my opinion, you were fairly scummy yourself.
...How are a jester and a Bomb useful to the town? A bomb is usually not with the town, right? They could be just as useful, if they manage to take out Mafia or third Party. And a jester wouldn't be beneficial either, even if we would want them alive. They are third party, after all.

Kybyrian

Jedizora said:
...How are a jester and a Bomb useful to the town? A bomb is usually not with the town, right?

The point is, if you lynch the Jester, you automatically lose the game. Do you want that? Likewise, when you lynch the bomb, someone is going to die with him. We don't want that either. In other words, we need to avoid the Jester and Bomb, not kill him/her. Thus beneficial to us to keep him/her alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom