• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Certain Magical Round of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedizora

:right:
I'm going to have to agree with Xinn on this one. Having only only one post that has a somewhat suspicious post, makes Majoras Cat seem scummy to me.
Vote: Majora's Cat

Austin

Austin
CURRENT VOTE TALLY

Josh - 2 (Axle, Jimmy)
Majora's Cat - 2 (Xinnamin, Jedizora)

Seven votes needed for a majority lynch.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Also, do we have any leads from our town cop? I'm assuming that we have one since well this is a mafia game and there is almost always a cop of some form in the game. Wait. Don't tell us who you are. Giving yourself away this early would actually be bad for you and us, especially if you don't have information for us. :/
wtf David

Seconded.

Now, the one thing that's been most obvious to me is Kybyrian's COMPLETE AND UTTER CHANGE of meta. Wtf Wyatt. Normally you're all gung-ho, going after everybody and being incredibly active. Now you've only posted twice in two days. That's really, really odd to me.

With that out of the way, I'd like to go back to David. I think he's just fishing... for something. I don't think he's Mafia fishing for our Cop. He's not dumb enough to do that so obviously. If David is a Townie, though, why would he even say what he did? Why not just omit that part? It seems to me that he's fishing out for people who'd react strangely to that, similarly to his tactic in Mafia A (which got him killed :/). Djinn (somewhat) accused David of fishing for roles, which is the response you always get with that kind of thing. My own conclusions made me think David was a Townie using a tactic like he did in Mafia A. I'm not sure what conclusions Djinn came to, but it's odd to me that he would think David is inexperienced enough to fish so obviously (if he was fishing at all). I'm going to FoS Djinn and Kybyrian, just for the record.

As far as Majora's Cat, he's very new and I've never played Mafia with him before, so I cannot easily glean much from him. However, I would like to remind everyone that he took over for Keyshe, and Keyshe is extremely good at "playing Town." Basically, what I'm saying is that it's hard to get a read on either of them (though they're, you know, actually the same role/person/player/whatever). MC's behavior does seem a little odd to me, but again, I can't tell if that's just him being new, being noobishly scummy, or just his playstyle.

EBWODP

Jimmy said:
I've seen a lot of people taking the attitude that if someone is voting for them that person must be scum. The flaws in that theory are pretty self evident given the nature of the game, but Josh's vote has stated his position on that. From what I've seen of Nicole she's been playing fairly smart. I've disagreed with a few things she's said but I can't say she's been that scummy. From what I can tell Josh is a fairly impulsive player, but this is just an OMGUS, however you try and justify it. Perhaps this behaviour isn't out of the remit of his meta, but I it can only be townie rage or a scummy move. Both seem to be quite daft for an experienced player, but the latter seems more likely to me.

I came to the same conclusion when I read Josh's post. If Josh was trying to help us, he would acknowledge that his playstyle is incredibly confusing and hinders the Town. Instead he accused me of trying to use his trollish attitude to kill him off. Honestly, I don't think Josh is that stupid that he would make such an obvious mistake as scum. I personally think he's just not trying and only posted when he had an excuse to post.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Nicole said:
Now, the one thing that's been most obvious to me is Kybyrian's COMPLETE AND UTTER CHANGE of meta. Wtf Wyatt. Normally you're all gung-ho, going after everybody and being incredibly active. Now you've only posted twice in two days. That's really, really odd to me.

I can't argue, really. I was extremely active and note-taking when I was mafia and also when I was townie. Nothing I can really say.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
As far as Majora's Cat, he's very new and I've never played Mafia with him before, so I cannot easily glean much from him. However, I would like to remind everyone that he took over for Keyshe, and Keyshe is extremely good at "playing Town." Basically, what I'm saying is that it's hard to get a read on either of them (though they're, you know, actually the same role/person/player/whatever). MC's behavior does seem a little odd to me, but again, I can't tell if that's just him being new, being noobishly scummy, or just his playstyle.
...*facepalm* Wow that was a stupid oversight of mine. I kinda completely forgot that Kitters took over for Keyshe. He did take over with two days left in the game day though, so that doesn't totally excuse his lack of activity, but I would like a proper response from him soon, and I am sticking to my vote until then.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Hmm, interesting. I was considering majoras cat originally, but decided for thareous instead. But, I dont want to vote against someone unless they are extremely suspicious. Since we have time and the day is just starting, I won't vote for him just yet.

FoS: Majora's Cat

David

But you called me here...
With that out of the way, I'd like to go back to David. I think he's just fishing... for something. I don't think he's Mafia fishing for our Cop. He's not dumb enough to do that so obviously. If David is a Townie, though, why would he even say what he did? Why not just omit that part? It seems to me that he's fishing out for people who'd react strangely to that, similarly to his tactic in Mafia A (which got him killed :/). Djinn (somewhat) accused David of fishing for roles, which is the response you always get with that kind of thing. My own conclusions made me think David was a Townie using a tactic like he did in Mafia A. I'm not sure what conclusions Djinn came to, but it's odd to me that he would think David is inexperienced enough to fish so obviously (if he was fishing at all). I'm going to FoS Djinn and Kybyrian, just for the record.

:clap: And yes, I did die in Mafia A for doing that, and I'm aware of the risks that I made in regards to posting what I did. I didn't omit it for a reason.

Hmm, interesting. I was considering majoras cat originally, but decided for thareous instead. But, I dont want to vote against someone unless they are extremely suspicious. Since we have time and the day is just starting, I won't vote for him just yet.

FoS: Majora's Cat

If you find someone suspicious, vote for them. Using the excuse that the day just started is just dumb.

Ok, let me get this out of the way as this has been REALLY annoying me about how we play Mafia. First, if you're suspicious of someone, feel free to vote for them. Don't feel timid about voting. You can vote whenever you want and retract it whenever you want. If there's enough suspicion to warrant a vote, DO IT. Don't just say "I won't vote for him just yet." When we are approaching a majority, you can then remove your vote if you still feel like there isn't enough evidence. The point of voting is to lay pressure on people and to decide who is going to be lynched. If you don't vote, very few people will feel threatened by you. Unexperienced Mafia players (and even some experienced players) will crack under pressure, so it is always a good idea to vote, unless we are approaching a majority and we aren't dedicated to a lynch. So, vote!

Also, FoS's and IGMEOY's don't need to be bolded. If people are reading the thread, they will see their name under that caption. Bolding phrases like that is really only for votes so that the moderator can see them quickly to get us a tally. As for the level of the two, I'll briefly explain it for those that aren't sure. FoS is usually when you have very high suspicions of a player, but you don't want to vote for them because there isn't much to accuse them of or if there is almost a majority and you still aren't sure about them. IGMEOY's (I got my eye on you) are just to say "well, that was weird, I'm going to declare that I'm watching you more closely than anyone else." Because, of course, you should always have your eye on everyone given the nature of the game: to deceive. IGMEOY is there to proclaim to people that you find them suspicious and that others should follow your lead. So, level wise, it goes: IGMEOY > FOS > Vote (in a sense. You can probably do some other sayings between stages. ZD just uses those three the most).

With my ranting and explanation out of the way: Vote: Majora's Cat. Lets see what he does now.

Still no reply from Majora's Cat. Why has this game ground to a halt all of a sudden. Where are Josh and MC?

Austin

Austin
Still no reply from Majora's Cat. Why has this game ground to a halt all of a sudden. Where are Josh and MC?
I'm not certain, but I'm going to give both of them a prod. Just a reminder, the day ends tomorrow night. Here is the current vote tally.

Josh - 2 (Axle, Jimmy)
Majora's Cat - 3 (Xinnamin, Jedizora, David)

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
as do I...but the thing is I don't have much to say right now :$ and neither does anyone else, apparently.

...stegosaurus.

Majora's Cat

How about that
So I haven't been around the past few days due to schoolwork and such. To defend my previous action, I don't think that's it's awfully suspicious for a new player to be hesitant on making accusations having not played and understood what is clearly suspicious and not suspicious in the game before. Basically, this:

Nicole said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom