• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

7-11 Now Serving Mashed Potatos Through Slurpee Machine

Djinn

and Tonic
We had to look at this a few times to be sure it was real. Turns out, it is.
Ladies and gentlemen, we give you the Maggi mashed potato vending machine from 7-Eleven.

o-711-MASHED-POTATO-570.jpg

In addition to Maggi's famous seasoning sauce, they also make powdered mashed potatoes and soups. On the off-chance that you don't have any hot water to mix with your mashed potato powder, these machines make it one step easier for you.
How does this possibly work, you ask? Simply pop your mashed potato cup under the spout (although, it seems pretty tempting to go for a Big Gulp in this case?), press the 'Mashed Potato' button and wait for hot, instant mashed potato delivery, with a bath of gravy in the near future. There appears to be a 'BBQ Mashed Potato' button on this machine as well. We can't even begin to imagine what that must mean.
Still can't believe it's real? Here is proof, thanks to YouTube user kkua1973.

Tecca got in touch with a 7-11 rep who told them that while these machines are quite popular -- particularly in Singapore -- they're not sure whether the US will see these machines in their locations any time soon. The representative did note, however that "each 7-Eleven owner is responsible for requesting such hardware for their specific locations."
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, 7-Eleven Singapore, what would we do without you?

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/7-11-mashed-potato-machine_n_1676732.html[/img]

There are really few words to describe such a thing. First of all I was totally unaware that there was any kind of demand for mashed potatoes on the go from a slurpee machine. Not even in some weird "Hey what if..." kind of scenario.

Just taking a second out to think about what exactly people will be getting here. Nothing remotely similar to a real potato is going anywhere near this thing. Just those weird huge bulk pack of instant just add water potato flakes seen in grocery stores. And the gravy will be little more than bitter brown water with a slight hint of leftover slaughterhouse floor scrapings and some food coloring for taste.

After that I really wonder how many people will just abuse the gravy machine. Screw the potatoes, people buy their own bucket of chicken and just stop by the convenient store to pour some gravy all over it on the way home.

I think the worst aspect of just plain weird foods on the go like this one make me believe that we are only a short few steps away from something like this in our society.

[video=youtube;sw_1CIwwEIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_1CIwwEIA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Ewwww. Geez, McDonald's potatoes are probably healthier than this! Lol, you made a good point when you said that you were unaware of a demand for this stuff. Who goes into a 7-11 looking for mashed potatoes? And I bet you're also right in saying not one real potatoes goes into this thing...

It's a stupid idea and will probably be off the market soon. Until then, don't buy this... It's just bad.

Last edited:
This is just silly. But seriously though, Djinn, this thread made my day. You have a good sense of humor which I feel you cap on this forum too often and too thoroughly.

That said I'm not really surprised with the way the current fast food market is developing. Quality is incessantly lowered to provide for faster food. Everyone chain advertises its healthy offerings and how great a daily value they are but this is far from the truth. I'd much rather head to the grocery store and buy real food then unclean and fat filled produce. 7-11 merely enhances its notorious reputation in my eyes. It's always been a place where teenagers gather after school to enjoy a drink and this will further enhance the "skip dinner" mentality. Soon contemporary teenagers will be letting not only breakfast slide but also dinner with lunch composed of some crummy school meal.

The feedbag idea in the video is completely unsanitary and I doubt it will ever catch on. The video was posted in 2008 and I haven't seem anyone in my area wearing one of those atrocities. The man from the video maintains, "Sometimes I don't feel like moving my arms..." Eating is a basic necessity and while slacking off in other departments isn't beneficial it is acceptable. Jason Womak here appears to be nothing short of an unhygienic slab (excuse the harsh terms).

Djinn

and Tonic
The feedbag idea in the video is completely unsanitary and I doubt it will ever catch on. The video was posted in 2008 and I haven't seem anyone in my area wearing one of those atrocities. The man from the video maintains, "Sometimes I don't feel like moving my arms..." Eating is a basic necessity and while slacking off in other departments isn't beneficial it is acceptable. Jason Womak here appears to be nothing short of an unhygienic slab (excuse the harsh terms).

The feedbag part was from a parody show called the Onion that makes fun of news by posting fake stories. I was just comparing the nonsensical aspects of this idea to something totally made up that was at least designed to sound hideous. But it looks like the nation is moving ever forward to that reality.

The feedbag part was from a parody show called the Onion that makes fun of news by posting fake stories. I was just comparing the nonsensical aspects of this idea to something totally made up that was at least designed to sound hideous. But it looks like the nation is moving ever forward to that reality.

Oh wow. That went right over my head. I feel a bit foolishness right now especially after seeing that show. Nevertheless it certainly is a fitting analogy. People seem to be increasingly brainwashed by the media culture and lose sight of what really matters in life such as the rough economy and the shambles that is the current political arena.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, that's definitely an interesting development.

I personally don't like mashed potatoes to begin with, and these sound less appetizing than even the normal type. I'm usually in favor of prepackaged food, but I really don't like the idea of dispensing mashed potatoes in this way.

Also, that feedback idea is pretty hilarious, although I can almost imagine someone coming up with a similar idea that would actually take off. That's the thing about the Onion... most of the ideas are just off-the-wall enough that they're funny, but just plausible enough to make you wonder about society.

After seeing an ice cream flavor called (pardon my French) Schweddy Balls, nothing surprises me anymore.

Wow, though... :hmm:

Mashed Potatoes through a slurpee machine? That sounds... disgusting. But lol'd.

I thought it was real, then I realized it was from The Onion...so it was all good.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
The fact this simply exists sickens me. I'm losing faith in america, I mean come on, they're making more and more unhealthy machines and products and people are using them! The fact is that people need to get their asses handed to them so they can realize they need to be healthy. **** Grayson.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
America gets a lot of flak for its high obesity stats. But now this feedbag product is actually making us look like pigs.

There's nothing more I can say about this. It's just...disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom