• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Hearts?

skippybake420

IronKnuxSurge
Were they just being generous because it is too difficult for three hearts? (have not played yet) Or were they being lazy with finding more heart pieces because i've heard something about the skyworld or something (don't know a whole lot but its the place i guess you fly to get to other places and you fly to other islands...) and it being a little smaller than expected like they could have expanded on it. They could have just been being nice im just making a point and asking a question...

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
I dont know if there has been an official explanation. Most likely they were either trying to make it a bit easier for new players, or just trying to shake it up a little bit. Either way, I personally didn't mind 6 hearts to start with.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Definitly because of the difficulty of the game. Most enemies take aout a full heart of damage, even at the beginning of the game. Plus with how precise battles are it can be difficult. It REALLY helps for Hero mode when enemies do DOUBLE damage and recover hearts don't appear unless you carry around the heart medal (which you don't get until later in the game).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm thinking they were being generous; any player could easily manage to get through SS with 3 rather than 6 hearts. It could be that Nintendo was lazy and didn't want to play 12 more heart pieces, but I dunno.

Definitly because of the difficulty of the game. Most enemies take aout a full heart of damage, even at the beginning of the game. Plus with how precise battles are it can be difficult. It REALLY helps for Hero mode when enemies do DOUBLE damage and recover hearts don't appear unless you carry around the heart medal (which you don't get until later in the game).

Yeah. This time around if we started with three hearts, most people would complain about dying too often and how broken and/or difficult the game is. I personally think it was a good choice this time around.

I'm thinking they were being generous; any player could easily manage to get through SS with 3 rather than 6 hearts. It could be that Nintendo was lazy and didn't want to play 12 more heart pieces, but I dunno.

Everyone isn't as adept with the motion controls, and it might be a tad difficult to pick up for newcomers. That could really put a damper on things. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure at this point in time Nintendo's goal is not to alienate newcomers. Just saying...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Everyone isn't as adept with the motion controls, and it might be a tad difficult to pick up for newcomers. That could really put a damper on things. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure at this point in time Nintendo's goal is not to alienate newcomers. Just saying...
That's actually why there are those wooden pillar things in the training room of the academy; you practice with those and get good, then proceed with the main quest. People who complain about a game being too hard generally do not practice. I learned that when playing fighting games and personally I can apply it to Zelda games as well. Now, I realize there are people who have many a difficulty with controls. People are disabled and it is no joke. But recently Nintendo hasn't been doing much but gearing their games towards a player base which wants only easy games. Eh, I'm just ranting at this point so I'll stop.

I think it because of the difficulty,if this game had started with only 3 hearts,I'd died a lot more,its not really that the beginning its THAT hard,but you lose a lot of hearts in this game especially on Hero mode which is a good thing,in Twilight Princess it was the contrary and the game really lacked on challenge because of that.Even if we start with 6 hearts,the game offer some challenge,but I really hope we start with 3 hearts in the next Zelda because started with 6 just doesn't feel right

That's actually why there are those wooden pillar things in the training room of the academy; you practice with those and get good, then proceed with the main quest. People who complain about a game being too hard generally do not practice. I learned that when playing fighting games and personally I can apply it to Zelda games as well. Now, I realize there are people who have many a difficulty with controls. People are disabled and it is no joke. But recently Nintendo hasn't been doing much but gearing their games towards a player base which wants only easy games. Eh, I'm just ranting at this point so I'll stop.

That would work... if it wasn't for the fact that the wooden poles don't attack back... I can see why they gave more hearts in this in that all enemies take at least a whole heart, also, at the beginning, many enemies don't knock you back which gives them the opportunity to get another attack in since you're still in close proximity. Also... taking on Ghirahim with only 3 hearts at the very beginning would have been ridiculously challenging for a newcomer. Also taking Hero mode into consideration and starting you with 6 hearts would be the equivalent to starting you with three in the others seeing as enemies do twice damage.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
They gave you 6 hearts because Nintendo thought it would be too hard with 3. I have to agree with Nintendo because if we had three hearts you would die so much it would get annoying. I would have liked 5 hearts because that gives a bit more of a challange but 6 hearts is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom