• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time 3DS Touch Buttons - How Do You Use Them?

How do you use the touch screen?

• With your thumbs/fingers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With the stylus

• Other (please post details)

• Total voters
V

Vertimyst

Just wondering how those who have OoT 3D are using the 3DS' touch screen menu in the game. The way the buttons are placed, I find it easier to just use my thumbs (especially for the 'look/Navi' and Ocarina buttons), but I'm worried I might scratch my screen that way, and using the stylus is a little awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, you won't scratch your screen. The buttons are placed in a way that you can easily access them with your thumbs. Pulling the stylus out all the time would be very unpleasant and awkward.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Just don't use your nails and you'll be fine. A screen protector helps though. It's pretty much designed to be used by your thumbs. It'd be very inefficient if the stylus was intended for those buttons.

D

Deleted member 6224

O well you guys helped me too I didn't wanna use my thumbs but I'll do it now. I like how you didn't have to blow to play the ocarina but it is kinda weird trying to play the buttons fast

V

Vertimyst

O well you guys helped me too I didn't wanna use my thumbs but I'll do it now. I like how you didn't have to blow to play the ocarina but it is kinda weird trying to play the buttons fast

What do you mean? What buttons are you using to play the Ocarina? I find it easiest to use the physical buttons (like you would in regular OoT).

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I'm using the stylus. It's pretty easy to have in your hand while playing. I'm gonna try using my thumbs now though.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I've been using the stylus, just out of habit by this point.

It honestly didn't click in my mind to use my thumbs. Even though i'd previously made a mental note that the touch screen was incredibly responsive with a screen protector on it.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I use the stylus too because my 3DS is still very new and shiny and I don't want to have grease smears on it which I'd have to remove every couple hours... but I didn't have to use it that often, just to go to the inventory screen and for some items (Din's fire, Iron/Hover Boots/Bombchus...)
But on the touchscreen of my camcorder I do use the backside of my fingernails and it doesn't have any scratches in it yet (half a year old). I wouldn't do it if I had to draw lines though, just for simple single touches.

I actually will do both, depending on if my stylus is already out. Like, on the DS Lite and DSi, I would usually use the stylus since it was in a more convenient spot to take out, but Nintendo had to move it behind the screen to make it difficult. I'm not going to pause the game just so I can take out my stylus, so most of the time, I'll just use my fingers, but I have been known to keep the stylus in my mouth. So, if it happens to be in my mouth, I'll probably just use the stylus. xD

Beeker

Wild Card
When it comes to normal play and using items, I usually just use my thumbs, mainly because of the placement of the I, II, and look/view buttons on the touch screen. They're easily accessible with thumbs, and it just takes longer to take out the stylus to put it back afterward. As for the Ocarina, I alternate the touch screen and buttons, but most of the time it's the buttons.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Aren't anyone here playing the occarina by using the regular buttons (not the touch-screen ones)? That's what I do and it's a lot easier than trying to tap the touch-screen...

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Compared to the DS, the 3DS is way too sensitive. After playing Spirit Tracks on my 3DS, there are already a few very light scratches on my Touchscreen. The new stylus sucks. I have to clean both of the displays after every session of playing with the 3DS. Many other people got problems too. My 3 years old DSi looks as good as new. My shiny new 3DS already looks used. That sucks. And I'm just like you guys, I love my systems and wouldn't harm them in any way :(

So, if I can't avoid using the touchscreen, I slightly use the Stylus for interactions in Ocarina of Time 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom