• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS or NGP?

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
ok so i was just wondering, would u guys rather have a NGP or 3DS? my friend and i would rather have a 3DS one its 3D,2 it doesn't break if you get lint in the disc slot. Although the NGP will probably have better graphics, thats the only thing going for it, what do you guys think?

definintly the 3ds.sony did what they always do with there systems once again.copy nintendos last system except make it better look different and then really good graphics to make it look like the best system out there.as for the 3ds its a brand new system and unique in its own way not copied.sooo point-im getting the 3ds.(yes i have looked at what the system has before posting so im not saying this without having any idea what the ngp is)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I have a simple question about 3DS - buy it or not?

First of all, I have a Game Boy Classic (bought many years ago) with only 3 games - Super Mario Land, Micro Machines and True Lies (AVGN should review the last one). I'm not really a handheld fan, but I'm a huge Zelda and Mario fan, and I can't play newer games with them (I'm using emulators for older GB/GBC/GBA games). Here is my list of interesting games (including DS ones, becuase 3DS is backward compatible):
1. Ocarina of Time 3DS (it should include Master Quest, but that's not 100% confirmed)
2. Phantom Hourglass
3. Spirit Tracks
4. Super Mario 64 DS (I own the original, why not the remake?)
5. Super Mario 3DS (unlike New Super Mario Bros., this game will be in 3D, like SM64/Sunshine/Galaxy 1&2)
6. Paper Mario 3DS
7. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
8. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Last 3 games are less important. What do you think?

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Let's compare. Nintendo has Zelda, Mario, Kid Icarus, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Kirby, Earthbound, Mario Kart, and Pikmin. Sony has Metal Gear Solid and Little Big Planet. Wonder which system I'll be choosing. That's a tough one.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
#3DS. Mainly because of street fighter, ocarina o time Samurai Warriors Chronicles, etc. However, SuperGanondorf Sony also pretty much also has Final fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts. Just sayin.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I preordered the 3DS over a month ago. About a week afterward Sony announced the NGP. All I could say was, of course, with the 3DS coming out soon Sony has to show they are still in the market. Graphical power does not impress me unless it is a PC. All Sony does is try to push that power barrier time and time again. They don't think to innovate. How many Sony fanboys are really going to care about the cameras and touch pad thing? Probably none, until a game comes a long that may require use of it.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
Graphical power does not impress me unless it is a PC. All Sony does is try to push that power barrier time and time again. They don't think to innovate. How many Sony fanboys are really going to care about the cameras and touch pad thing? Probably none, until a game comes a long that may require use of it.

I totally agree with these statements and its why i chose the 3DS over NGP. To put it in a way, Nintendo does not rest on there laurels..they continue to innovate plus Nintendo has some great series and great 3rd party support for the 3DS.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
All sony ever have on their consoles are Shoot-em-ups, racing games and Little Big Planet. Nintendo on the other hand have Platformers, Shoot-em-ups, Action adventure, puzzle, casual, hardcore, racing... THE LIST GOES ON! Also, nintendo dont try to push the graphics to the limit because they are pushing your emotions! How many sony games have a plot that can make you laugh, cry and get you fully involved in the story??? Graphics can be all well and good, but if the storyline is complete turd and the gameplay is aswell then the game is rubbish! Guess which one im getting...

I'm going to stick with my good ol' DS-Lite. The 3DS is just an expensive gimmick to get more money out of gullible gamers.

I'm going to stick with my good ol' DS-Lite. The 3DS is just an expensive gimmick to get more money out of gullible gamers.
actually the 3ds is supposed to enhance gameplay and show depth.casual gamers will find the 3ds an interesting toy(which nintendo is mostly advertising)and for hardcore gamers they will actually see the 3ds as what nintendo also says-a game changer-.its also supposed to spread more sociability(if thats a word) from spot pass and street pass etc..
like most games today having social interests is an important aspect in gaming. so i dont really no where your getting that its a gimmick but its not.its simply to enhance gameplay.nintendo has stated this over and over.and its really not that expensive for something that is drastically changing gameplay.the ngp however is a gimmick in my eyes. i dont see how that is changing games.

H

Hero Of Water

It's Sonys next handeheld console, NGP=Next Generation Portable

Well I'm getting a 3ds but all my friends are sony fans :P I don't know a single nintendo gamer... I'll probably pick up the NGP too because of that. I like the games for sonys consoles but nintendos games are so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom