• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

24 Tributes, 24 Tragedies, A Hunger Games Roleplay

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Jordan smiled sadly, shaking his head. "No, I'm not. I know, because I have someone I need to get home." He looked up into her eyes. "But thank you for the reassuring lies. And since this would be one of our last peaceful meetings," he said, stepping forward, "goodbye, and if you do make it out, have a nice life." He wrapped his arms around her for a moment before stepping back, waiting for the elevator to stop.

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
(I feel left out. I don't really know what to do I don't have a district partner so ill just wait for the interviews. And the games))

blue-eyes

Phoenix
(I've been doing most of my stuff without a district partner. I guess you can use not having one to further your character at this point, ((you can use them as an npc, they do technically exist)) so everyone gets to see how he handles talking to others using an npc) (if you don't understand, don't worry, I need sleep and probably lack coherent thought at this point)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke never replied to Vashe's serious words. He merely looked at her with a look in his eyes that was almost serious, almost understood the implications of what she said. But that look faded soon, and left some kind of dopey blankness. He then just... wandered off. Like none of that had even happened.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Whoa whoa, slow down. We still have the parade part, which we accidentally skipped before. I'm not sure who's going to start that or when, but yeah.))

Ganondork

goo
Manius looked at Erin, startled at her presence. He hadn't seen her. He tried to play it off, but he knew she had caught the look of surprise on his face. It hardened after a moment's pause. "Alliance business. She might be planning on helping the smaller ones survive my rampage, so I decided it may be best to have her on our side." He looked at her for a moment. "It's still our side, yes?"

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(We have a couple of people playing stylists, so no, we need to do styling, parade, and such. People without stylists for their characters... have fun coming up with styles/costumes relating to your District).

Vashe found herself bewildered when assistants came to ferry her and Luke off to meet their head stylist and his or her assistants. She'd heard that in some years of the Hunger Games, Tributes saw the stylists first and had a first training session later. Things were done differently year to year. She wondered what kind of bozo was in charge of their district this year. She wasn't much impressed by the last few years when the chariot-parade was televised.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Erin wrapped her hand around the knife and pushed herself off the chair. "Unless she gets in my way, then we have no problem. But next time your considering inviting someone into an alliance, I want to know beforehand." Erin stepped closer to Manius as she spoke, but quickly turned around when finished.

"What good is she to us? Strong fighter, I assume. And more importantly, how do we know she won't slit our throats in our sleep?"

Ganondork

goo
"She's just crazy enough to slit our throats if we don't let her into our group. And if you're in the trees - as we planned - I'd be the only one at risk." He grinned. "What is she good for? Like hell if I know. She's just an important piece in making sure that I can kill as many people as I'd like. If she doesn't have guaranteed safety, she will have more freedom to try and intervene. But if she's at my hip, she won't have enough time to stop me from killing." He studied Erin's face for a moment. He couldn't read it, but he was hoping that he had piqued her interest. "You can't win either if she's protecting the other tributes."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke was looking around curiously as he was ushered off with Vashe, not sure what was going on but excited for whatever it was. It didn't seem like it was the Games yet, he wondered what it was.

District 6 was also called to the stylists, and Madi was as terrified as always. She knew this was the part she should be the least scared of, it wasn't even actually dangerous, but there was a lot of social game involved with this part. If she didn't look good in whatever the stylist made for her (which she doubted she would), or if she completely botched the interview (which she knew she would), any and all of her chances for sponsors would go right down the drain. Those things were important...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(More Panem news from your Gamemaker! - The Capitol has a site now. http://www.thecapitol.pn/ I found it via a teaser-trailer posted on Yahoo news when I was checking my e-mail. The teaser-trailer, for those who haven't read all the books, contains a huge, honking spoiler for Mockingjay, so be warned. .... Though how you feel about it might depend upon how you feel about Peeta).

On another note, OH GOD I wish I was linking promotional stuff like this for *my own work.* I do have a link in my sig to a little novel I wrote. I'm not as much into writing tyrannical dystopias as Suzanne Collins is, my thing is more... talking spiritual-guide animals, but *still* - my work does have youthful protagonists and is set in an After The End/Scavenger World/ a post-apocalyptic time rebuilt and recovering. It's only on Kindle now, but Kindle is easily downloadable to a variety of devices. My book is also cheap as dirt *and* available for borrowing. Let's make me famous! Or monied enough to get off of Disability! Or something! I don't know... I just feel like I get really excited about promoting my fandom-things / other people's stuff when I have own things I should be shoving down people's throats with equal enthusiasm.

Anyway, on with the rp.

----------------------------------

Vashe turned to Luke. "Do you remember that year when they gave our people in the chariots these giant golden cow-horns? And then the girl at the interview had to wear a dress cloaked with a shaggy goat-skin? That was weird. I wonder what we'll be subjected to. Nothing as weird as that, I hope. Or maybe something weirder, something that will make people stand up and pay attention."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke giggled at the mentions of the funny clothes, at least the ones he remembered, but stopped and tilted his head as it occured to him... "Is we gonna has the funny-clothes now?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom