• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

24 Tributes, 24 Tragedies, A Hunger Games Roleplay

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(I know, right? The book and film promoters come up with some cool stuff).

As Vashe went back to District 10's floor to rest before seeing the stylists for the grand parade, she pulled Luke aside. She wanted to speak with him.

"I'm thinking of joining the Careers," she said in a low whisper. "I don't much like them, but if they refrain from killing me right off the bat, I can do some things I want to do. I can live a little longer. I think that District 1 boy is bent upon seeing me 'lose my innocence' or something. He's a creep, but he's strong. Do you want to join with me? I want to convince him and his District-partner to hold off on harming you, but that won't happen unless you're with us. You're skilled! I watched you in the hall. They might accept you."

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
(yeah the really do)
Jay found himself no good at bows or swords or anything that required good aim the only thing he was even decent at was knifes or daggers. He stopped training he was exhausted from trying different techniques that he could never get right "this is pointless" he said to himself he was going to go in the arena and probably get killed by a career he had no hope for survival he had to do something to assure he would survive but what?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
After training with the axe (a skill she was mediocre with at best) and practicing her survival skills (more successful of an endeavor), Ashlynn noticed the other Tributes shuffling from the training hall. The girl glanced up at the stylists watching from above, and brushed her hair out of her eyes. They reminded her of her appearance, which had probably become a sweating and pale girl.

As she mad her way to the elevator, she noticed the boy holding the door open. "Thanks," she muttered out while she leaned against the back of the elevator.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke was pulled out of the tired little daze he'd been in when Vashe pulled him aside. He looked just attentive enough to her words that one could tell they weren't wasted, and said nothing as she spoke. But he did perk up a bit when she asked him to join the Careers with her, and even more when she said he was good at fighting. He answered her with a joyous nod, and an excited "Ya really think so?"

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Yeah," Vashe said. "You surprised me. I think you're pretty lethal. I'm not going to be. I have... other plans."

Thoughts of sabotage ran through her brain. She did not know what kind of arena they were going into, but she'd find kinks in the works. She also wanted to write the word "PEACE" somehow into a hillside or flat area through some sort of means... placing rocks, setting a fuse and making fire - just something to get the attention of those people behind the areal cameras. Just... lots of defiant things. She knew her end would not be pleasant for that, but she didn't care.

She put a hand on Luke's shoulder. "You do whatever you have to do, okay, kid? I won't judge you. I won't judge any of you, even if you end up killing me."

Icaria, meanwhile, had gone to the medical room. No one was in at this time but her. She was "getting supplies for the transport." It happened that occasionally, some idiot crewmember was injured somehow or some Tribute hurt themselves trying to make a break for it. She hummed as she retrieved her "decoys" from a secret pocket of her work-jumpsuit - little vials filled with a kind of distilled liquor that looked like morphling, another that looked like another common, powerful drug. Untrained people usually thought their batches had gone bad when they'd discovered the fakes. She varied it up, too, never taking *all* of the expensive drugs for her black market and switching around vials in the batches. She took her future profits and slipped them into the secret pocket. She then got to the business of what she was supposed to be doing - fetching bandages and headache pills as was allotted to her mission.

As she made her way to the cargo storage for the hovercraft hanger, she expected she might meet some old "friends" and partners in crime.

Gamemaker Shadow Felix observed a small creature in a terriarum. "Good," she said, "Very nice." The animal was very like a lizard, but made a little flaming puff of breath. It was also brightly colored. It had webbed skin between its forelimbs and hindquarters, "for gliding" the muttation-crew explained. It was like a miniature dragon.

"Just as ordered," the Head Gamemaker went on. This was to be the first arena that she designed. Her background in working on the "Myth of Maven" videogame series - popular in the Capitol, unknown in the Districts save 1, where it was also played, and 3, where the technical components for it were crafted - was showing.

The Tributes were like characters to Shadow Felix. Not people, merely characters. Part of the reason why she was chosen for the task from among the Gamemaking crew (the career she took after writing videogame scenarios landed her the attention for the job), was because she was uniquely "playfully sadistic" someone once said.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
"No problem," Jordan said, moving his foot from the elevator doors. He looked back at her, visually shocked. "A...Annie?" He took a step towards her, his eyes tearing up. He stopped himself, realizing how stupid he was being. "S-sorry" he stuttered out, stepping back quickly, his face going red. He jammed his hand in to the six key of the elevator. He glanced back at her, feeling awkward. He looked quickly down at the dull grey flooring of the elevator.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Ashlynn tended as the boy came at her. "Uh..my name's Ashlynn." As the boy's face turned red, Ashlynn realized she may have caused some memory to be brought up. "Are you okay? Was Annie someone back in your district?" she asked the boy.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
"Yeah, she is," he said, his face still mildly red. "Sh-she meant a lot to me. Sorry," he said, stepping back to the farthest point in the elevator. He leant into the corner, trying to keep what little dignity of his remained. "I'm Jordan, from six." He said, avoiding eye contact.

Ganondork

goo
Manius stayed in the training room, scanning the area. Everyone had already left, and he was all alone. He thought of his alliance with Erin, and his potential one with the other girl. It brought a smile to his face. He was already manipulating the games. He had always been called an idiot by his mentors, but he was already playing this game better than any other tribute. He wondered what the Capitol thought of the show he had put on for them. He figured that if he continued doing this - playing into their hands, and showing brutality - he would make it farthest into the game. He'd be able to kill longer. Maybe his sponsors would help him kill more efficiently, too.

He turned around and walked to his room.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(If someone wants to take on random mentors or or attending-type people whom they don't intend to keep playing just to fill in things for their Tributes, they can).

(Also, since interviews will be soon... does anyone have the SHEER charisma to take on playing Ceaser Flickerman?)

As Vashe wipe sweat from her brow and flipped through some of the very bad television shows, as well as Hunger Games coverage - wincing at some of the "past victors becoming victors" shots, she looked to her liason and to the District 10 mentor. She decided to openly-wonder...

"The Games," she sighed. "They had to have worked out a lot of kinks in the early years they don't show on these specials. Tell me... has there been a victor who died immediately of their wounds after winning? So many people come out of it so badly hurt... there's gotta be some things Capitol medicine can't save some folk from."

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
"Well, Jordan from Six," Ashlynn smiled, "You are going to see this Annie again," she lied. "You can win for her and go back to Six. Just need to survive the Games...It's possible and been done before by worse fighters than you." Ashlynn meant very little of what she said. She knew she had to fight, for her parents and her friends, and that Jordan had to die for that to happen.

But Jordan was in a poor state, away from his home. And if he needed to hear the words, Ashlynn was sure to give them to him.

------------

Erin glanced at Manius as he walked into the room. She had been sitting at the table, twirling a steak knife with her hand. She didn't trust him. Already, he had shown how horrible he could be. There was madness in his eyes, and crazy people always startled Erin. You never know what they are going to do or when. But she knew he was her best chance at winning the Games. And she needed to win to make her father proud.

Erin slammed the knife down into the table and looked over at Manius. "You were talking to that girl for quite a while. What were you discussing?" she asked him.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Madi had stayed behind longer than most, not wanting to waste any time lounging when she could be doing something useful. She practiced with whatever she could, trying to get her worse weapons out of the way when there was no one there to see her incompetence. But eventually, even she couldn't take any more, and she took one of the elevators out. She hoped she would be alone...

Little did she know that her prolonged stay had caused someone else's. A particular green-haired stylist's. She smiled as she watched the girl leave, finally having a burst of inspiration. She left the viewing platform very satisfied, and eager to begin her work. Oh, this idea would be just perfect...

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Jay flopped down on his bed he was exhausted from training and he started feeling homesick he would rather be in his own bed then this bed that was better in every way. He sighed and fell asleep. He didn't have dreams he had nightmares of being killed in almost any way possible. His vivid dreams continued until he woke up for the morning. ( I also just realized that this RP was posted on my birthday .... Yeah)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Pitcarin Woolworth of District 8 had been watching his Tributes with interest. There was quite a bit they needed work on. That Cotton-girl... she almost seemed like she was trying to deny the reality of where she was. Pitty thought of advising both her and the boy to just concentrate on the basic wilderness survival skills - what plants to eat and avoid, how to find water, how to whip up shelter, those kinds of things.

He was also twitchy. He didn't go back to the District 8 floor. He was waiting for the last of the Tributes to vacate the training hall. Once they did, it was HIS. He'd have that archery range to himself. The sound of arrows hitting targets would drown out his memories. He needed this bit of "meditation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom