• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

24 Tributes, 24 Tragedies, A Hunger Games Roleplay

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke was confused by that. Weren't you supposed to fight in the Games? Why was Vashy not gonna fight? Well, if she wasn't gonna fight, then he'd just have to fight for her. "OK." He nodded, a calm smile on his face. It was like he hadn't even heard her say she was going to die. "I'm still gonna helps ya doh." He insisted, not wanting to ignore a friend in need.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"I still have to impress the gamemakers, though," Vashe said. Yeah, this kid was definitely a simple-sort. "I can't look like I'm goin' down easy if I'm to get my say."

She grabbed two large knives off the table, the kind for slicing the meat. She held them in her hands and danced around some martial-arts moves right there in the dining-car, dual-wielding simple kitchen utensils with a force and finesse that showed she could be deadly. An unusual choice of weapons, to be sure - being the kind of knives reserved for butchering and serving food rather than the kind honed to be fancy weapons.

She scared the liason nearly to death when she walked into the car. Vashe stopped short with both knives, blade out, to the woman's throat, making like she was going to slice the neck arteries of an opponent that had suddenly popped up on her. She hastily returned the blades to the table.

The mentor applauded.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Ashlynn looked up at Trevor with puffy eyes. "I don't know...Not die, of course. I want to focus on survival, not murder,"she said just above a whisper. She sat upright, feeling bad that she was being so distant with Trevor. She knew he was just as scared as she was, and just as confused and distraught.

"What about you?" she asked, wiping tears from her eyes to stop them from dripping down her cheeks and straightening up. "Got a master plan to make it through this? Are you going to die some hero's death and rebel in there?" she joked.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Trevor stretched and put his feet up on the table. "I've been trying to think. See, I'm alright at hurting people, not sure if I can kill 'em though. But the thing is, I have no survival skills. So I was wanting to train up on that. Plus it would be nice to have someone to watch your back." He looked around for their Capitol guide. Not in the room. "I just hate bullies is all, whether it's person to person or Capitol to District," he added, lowering his voice. "I can't just sit here and let this keep happening, you know? I gotta find someone that would be willing to help me fight back." He sighed and and leaned back to stare at the ceiling. "I just wanna protect everyone back home from this, you know...?"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke had a look of awe on his face as he watched Vashy spin those dinner knives and make them dance. He was practically in a trance as he watched her, already impressed. He snapped out of it when the mentor started clapping, and clapped right along with him, with the most adorable little awed grin on his face.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke nodded ecstatically at the offer, looking like a little kid who was offered ice cream. His big, shiny eyes were just so innocent...

Ganondork

goo
Manius looked out at the crowd as the representative read off the usual rhetoric. He didn’t hear a word of it. He looked out into the crowd; some looked grim as their friend, Erin, joined him on the stage. They probably feared for her life, as even they knew she would die in the end.

As he looked upon the crowd, there was no sound. A form of calmness overcame him as he looked into the eyes of the people he once called acquaintances – maybe even friends. He was above them now. He was going to be the victor of this year’s Hunger Games, and he knew it.

“Ah, Erin?” he gently said, leaning into her ear. “I’m not usually good at these sorts of things, so excuse my bluntness. Our companionship will only go so far. I will enjoy killing you, so long as we work together until the end. It is then that we will see who deserves to live.”

Without waiting for a response, he stood erect, his hands at his sides, as he was greeted with applause. His smile only portrayed charisma, but it was fueled by bloodlust. Perhaps Erin would be killed before then. Who knows?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
All over Panem, the Reapings occurred. District 10 was one of the earliest, which is why the train was already nearing the Capitol. As Night fell, Vashe gave Luke a small, sad smile as she went to her berth to sleep. She did not know if she would be able to, but strangely enough, she drifted off without even taking off her suede jacket. Maybe it's because she had made her decision and had resigned herself to it.

-----------------

After the Reaping of District 6, Icaria lifted off her hovercraft, fully-repaired and ready to go. It was ready to take Tributes from the training hall to the arena, and ready to pick them up from there. At least she'd get to see some of the mentors again, people she hadn't seen in a year. Maybe, if she was lucky, she'd get to sneak into the medical wing to procure "surplus" for her business.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Erin's expression was that as stone, as she stared off into the crowd at nobody in particular. She glanced at Manius as he said he would enjoy killing her. "May the best tribute win," she quietly said, looking forward. When she looked at her fellow tribute again, he was smiling with a fierce intensity, a lust for violence and death. She knew she could take him; he would enjoy killing far too much. But she would still figured she could trust him in the beginning. With an abundance of easy kills, Manius wouldn't risk his life trying to take her out.

-------

Ashlynn nodded to Trevor. "Sadly thats all these Games are: the strong against the weak." She leaned back into the chair. "The Careers against the weak," Ashlynn added. "Right now, the best thing we can do is to survive the Games. And I want a friend in there too. Going in alone would end up killing you. Got any hidden talents I should know about?" she asked in a jokingly manner once more, in an attempt to keep the conversation light-hearted..

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(Time to give this a shot in the arm...)

The Training Hall was perhaps the only place where the Tributes would meet one another before they faced each other in the arena. When Vashe entered it, after the speeches given by the training master, she was torn between first hitting the table about edible plants (she didn't trust any of it. The Capitol could make plant-muttations that looked perfectly safe, she reckoned) and display of swords and knives. She took up a pair of short scimitars and played around with them, and while she knew she looked very pretty dancing like, they did not feel right. She saw the training master and asked for a pair of butcher knives from the kitchen. The trainer was puzzled, but reluctantly complied.

She did the little knife-dance that she'd done on the train for Luke for the others. She did her best to look intimidating. She made sure everyone knew she had experience as a butcher.

"If they go through beef like butter, they can go through you," she snarled at one of the District 1 kids when she thought she was being looked at funny.

She hoped her "fierce act" was working. Perhaps, then, she'd be left alone in the arena long enough to say her piece, to defy the Capitol.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Jordan stepped into the training center, awed at its vastness. He scanned the room, looking for his weapons of choice. As we walked over to the weapon rack. He let his mind wander, remembering the brief goodbyes that seems like distant memories. The consoling of his sisters, promising to Maria to bring her home something, the joking with friends, Aaron on the verge of tears, having to go through this a second time, with memories of Aaron's late brother creeping up. He remembered the promise that his friends made him, they they would get him sponsors, somehow.

Jordan, still stuck in his own thoughts, managed to run into Madi. He apologized as quickly as he could, picking her up off the ground.

"Wait," he said, pausing for a moment, "you're Dagger's little sister, right?"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Madi felt like the tiniest little thing in this training room. She was practically surrounded by adults, and sure her brother had had taught her what he could, but there was no way she could compete with this... She was pretending to examine some knives as she got lost in these thoughts, and that was when Jordan bumped into her. She let out a yelp when she fell on her butt, but let the stranger help her up. Oh, it was the boy tribute from 6, she hadn't caught his name. But he looked vaguely familiar... Enough for her to nod at his question. He looked like one of those kids Dagger used to help out sometimes, with... things Peacekeepers wouldn't like.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
"I'm Jordan." Jordan said, smiling. He could see Madi was distant, probably trying to hide her fear or something of the sort. He racked his mind, trying to remember the last time they spoke. He recalled seeing her and Dagger training before, but they never spoke. He wanted to keep her calm, so he changed to a different subject "Have you tried the food here? It's amazing!" Jordan mentioned, smiling reassuringly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom