• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

100 % Completion. What Does It Mean to You?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I did not know whether to put this thread in "World of Zelda", "Game Help" or "General Gaming". But I decided put it here!

I want to know other people´s opinions on 100 % completion. I am most curious about what it means in the world of Zelda but I guess that also would apply to other games.

So my question is what is 100 % completion to you? How do you even know that you have collected every possible item in a game? Do you go to a guide to se if you did it? Or do you decide yourself that it is done by looking at the different windows displaying the items and convice yourself that there is not possible to fit in more stuff?

I am as always curious, please enlighten my mind :)

i'm going to use the original Sonic Adventure's gamecube remake as an example here, to me getting 100% in that gameis, of course getting all 130 emblems in the game, getting the highest score possible in every level, boss, and sub-game even as the unlockable Metal Sonic, raising every type of chao at least once, beat all the bonus Game Gear games, and complete all of the missions in the mission mode, and all that's accomplished from that so far is getting all the emblems and the Game Gear games and completes the mission mode

so basicly to me getting 100% to me, meansm do everything the game gives you to do whether it matters or not

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess you could be called a "pure" completionist (at least when talking about Sonic). That is in my opinion a good thing, it is about passion, it is about perfection! Good things. :yes:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The only games I've ever completed 100% has been Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, and I know they are 100% completed because you don't get the cannon to the roof of the castle until you have all 120 stars in Mario, plus it has an inventory of star, and Banjo Kazooie has an inventory of everything collectable.

My Donkey Kong cartridge has a 101% completion on one game, but that was not played by me, I can't remember if I have managed a complete 101%, but I've gotten pretty damn close, tho...

Pen

The game is on!
Well, to me a 100 % completion of a Zelda game is when you have collected every Piece of Heart, and all the other collectables for that specific Zelda title. And when you have gotten every item and upgrade and visited all places and done everything there is to do in the game, help all who are in need of help. And I suppose you've got to check all of this up in a guide, just to see if you've done it. :)

Squirrel

The Rodent King
100% completion in a game means when you've beaten the story and unlocked everything there is to unlock and also gotten the highest score possible. If that isn't possible and the score doesn't have a limit then that part doesn't matter. If you cheat like with an action replay that does not count to me. I call that 99.99999999999999999...%.
.999 repeating has been proven by mathmaticians to equal 1 but it still looks like: FAIL!!

Thatlinkisaspy!

(not really)
Unlocking everything a game has (unless its pre-order/special edition content). So far the only two games I have done this are Halo 3 ODST (no sgt. johnson) and Banjo Kazooie on XBLA (same as original).

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have 100% Mario Galaxy 1. And TP. For TP I used a guide to get everything, although now a days I can do it all from memory, no big deal. I am not a big completionist myself, only with games I actually have fun playing and don't want to end. And, yes I use guides, not only to check if I've gotten everything, but to play with. I try on my own as far as I can and then use a guide if I get stuck, and to see if I missed anything.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
100% in a Zelda game to me means: getting all pieces of heart, weapon upgrades, weapons, and sidequests done. Getting all the treasure chests seems really tedious to me, I usually get most of them anyways but I will not go out of my way to get ones I missed if it's just rupees.

To me 100% completion is doing every possible thing done in the game and getting every item and upgrade, as well as optional sidequests.
In most Zelda games, getting all of the items and all of the heart pieces usually is good enough for 100% completion. But each game has it's own unique things as well, like the bugs in Twilight Princess, the figurines and kinstone fusing in Minish Cap, the ship parts in Phantom Hourglass, etc. In games that keep track of the number of times you die like Link's Awakening and the Oracle games, I try to keep my number at 000, so I will restart from a past save if I die. Normally during my first play through of a game I won't mind and will just play to enjoy the game without worrying about 100%. Then during my next playthrough I will try to do everything perfect on my way to 100%.

It's too bad none of Nintendo's systems have an achievement system, since achievements usually cover doing everything possible in the game done, as well as pointless fun things. I especially like the Playstation 3 Trophy system, since they give you a Platinum Trophy for each game you complete with all trophies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom